#11  
Old 01-14-2019, 03:34 PM
Alexplz's Avatar
Alexplz Alexplz is offline
Double Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Courses Played: 1
Posts: 1,230
Niced 385 Times in 249 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevdiv48 View Post
That's what it sounds like to me. Again, profile pic would be the most helpful.
No need, didn't you see the above users described the rim as Rocish, maybe a little Gatory, with a little V-MD5 thrown in?
Sponsored Links
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 01-14-2019, 04:24 PM
Owensjef Owensjef is offline
Par Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Dayton, OH
Courses Played: 16
Posts: 201
Niced 125 Times in 61 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexplz View Post
No need, didn't you see the above users described the rim as Rocish, maybe a little Gatory, with a little V-MD5 thrown in?
I said md4 and asked not described. But seriously tho. Let's see some pics

Niced: (1)
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 01-14-2019, 04:32 PM
SD86's Avatar
SD86 SD86 is offline
I Don't Actually Disc Golf
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Atlanta, GA
Courses Played: 8
Posts: 7,896
Niced 1,540 Times in 1,197 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Owensjef View Post
I said md4 and asked not described. But seriously tho. Let's see some pics
I've ordered one, and will post pics when it gets in.

Niced: (1)
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 01-14-2019, 07:00 PM
DanJon DanJon is online now
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Wisconsin
Years Playing: 15
Courses Played: 33
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 6,830
Niced 932 Times in 448 Posts
Default

I'm pretty sure I remember a post from someone at Infinite who said he was basically making a VRocX.

Niced: (1)
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 01-14-2019, 08:21 PM
ILUVSMGS18 ILUVSMGS18 is offline
Double Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Keeseville, NY
Years Playing: 5.8
Courses Played: 2
Posts: 1,431
Niced 313 Times in 233 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanJon View Post
I'm pretty sure I remember a post from someone at Infinite who said he was basically making a VRocX.
From InfiniteDylan in the Pharaoh Thread:

I don't think we could without making our own mold... but we do have a roc-like mold coming out soon... can't spoil a lot cause I think it's going to be a black friday release...

Okay what the heck- it's a RocX3 top with a VRoc bottom. You didn't hear that from me. Shhh. It flies kinda like a Roc though. We're estimating ratings to be ... 5 5 0 3 or 0 2.5, not sure yet. More stable than the Chariot for sure but holds up to a lot of power. The profile is pretty thin and grips really well in the hand even with the V-Tech bead. The team has some in their hands, and you can get a tester of it in the VIP Club store. It's called the Ra. Maybe it'll come out before black friday, but I don't remember. Too many things happening around here :P


Last edited by ILUVSMGS18; 01-14-2019 at 08:25 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 01-15-2019, 10:11 AM
Alexplz's Avatar
Alexplz Alexplz is offline
Double Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Courses Played: 1
Posts: 1,230
Niced 385 Times in 249 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Owensjef View Post
I said md4 and asked not described. But seriously tho. Let's see some pics
I was just joking heh

Niced: (1)
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 01-15-2019, 10:14 AM
Owensjef Owensjef is offline
Par Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Dayton, OH
Courses Played: 16
Posts: 201
Niced 125 Times in 61 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexplz View Post
I was just joking heh

Same. I do find it tough to go out on a limb for infinite discs though, since there is no chance of finding them in a local shop. Maybe I get lucky and find one on a used rack to get a real feel for them
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 01-15-2019, 12:30 PM
Alexplz's Avatar
Alexplz Alexplz is offline
Double Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Courses Played: 1
Posts: 1,230
Niced 385 Times in 249 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Owensjef View Post
Same. I do find it tough to go out on a limb for infinite discs though, since there is no chance of finding them in a local shop. Maybe I get lucky and find one on a used rack to get a real feel for them
Let me say, I 100% agree and therefore a profile pic is by far the most important and easiest marketing tool for Infinite here. Video reviews are cool too, but yeah, I kind of know what to expect from the flight of a stable-OS disc molded by innova.

Niced: (1)
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 01-16-2019, 02:21 PM
SD86's Avatar
SD86 SD86 is offline
I Don't Actually Disc Golf
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Atlanta, GA
Courses Played: 8
Posts: 7,896
Niced 1,540 Times in 1,197 Posts
Default Ra rah Report

My Metal Flake C-blend Ra came in this morning, and boy! are there a lot of metal flakes in it! It looks good.

In the photos, the Ra is on the left. The chartreuse disc is a Star RocX3 (the only one I have), and the pink disc is a FAF Star Roc3. The Ra is V-Tech on the bottom rim, and is a bit more comfortable to grip than the RocX3 (YMMV on that).

I took a bunch of mids to the range today, having the good fortune that the wind was directly in my face or on my back. I threw the Ra against the Cro, the RocX3, the Anubis, and the Green Hornet.

I still don't know what the purpose in life of the RocX3 is. It's very straight with a bit of fade at the end when thrown with power (as I was throwing all these discs today). The Ra is more overstable, but when thrown at full power it goes pretty straight for most of the way before fading. The Cro had as much or more fade than either the Ra or RocX3. The Green Hornet was more overstable but also had a bit more glide.

I am not sure if the Ra will replace the Cro in my bag (it likely will NOT replace the Hornet), but I'll work with them all some more before making a final determination.

The Anubis is pretty much the Coyote, maybe with a wee tad more depth. I'll post photos of it in the Anubis thread. The Anubis is very straight, fading a wee bit with the tailwinds.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Ra_RocX3_IMG_4097.JPG (24.7 KB, 45 views)
File Type: jpg Ra_RocX3_IMG_4098.JPG (26.4 KB, 42 views)
File Type: jpg Ra_Roc3_IMG_4099.JPG (31.2 KB, 35 views)
Reply With Quote
 

  #20  
Old 01-17-2019, 09:10 AM
ILUVSMGS18 ILUVSMGS18 is offline
Double Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Keeseville, NY
Years Playing: 5.8
Courses Played: 2
Posts: 1,431
Niced 313 Times in 233 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD86 View Post
My Metal Flake C-blend Ra came in this morning, and boy! are there a lot of metal flakes in it! It looks good.

In the photos, the Ra is on the left. The chartreuse disc is a Star RocX3 (the only one I have), and the pink disc is a FAF Star Roc3. The Ra is V-Tech on the bottom rim, and is a bit more comfortable to grip than the RocX3 (YMMV on that).

I took a bunch of mids to the range today, having the good fortune that the wind was directly in my face or on my back. I threw the Ra against the Cro, the RocX3, the Anubis, and the Green Hornet.

I still don't know what the purpose in life of the RocX3 is. It's very straight with a bit of fade at the end when thrown with power (as I was throwing all these discs today). The Ra is more overstable, but when thrown at full power it goes pretty straight for most of the way before fading. The Cro had as much or more fade than either the Ra or RocX3. The Green Hornet was more overstable but also had a bit more glide.

I am not sure if the Ra will replace the Cro in my bag (it likely will NOT replace the Hornet), but I'll work with them all some more before making a final determination.

The Anubis is pretty much the Coyote, maybe with a wee tad more depth. I'll post photos of it in the Anubis thread. The Anubis is very straight, fading a wee bit with the tailwinds.
What is the weight on your Ra? I'm wondering if that might have something to do with it not looking like how I expected it to. The RocX3s purpose is $$$ and that's it.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
October's Halloween Discs Galore at Infinite Discs Todd@InfiniteDiscs Commercial Marketplace 0 10-10-2018 10:03 AM
Las Vegas Challenge Tournament Support Discs at Infinite Discs Todd@InfiniteDiscs Commercial Marketplace 0 10-30-2017 06:57 PM
Infinite Discs joshuajames General Disc Golf Chat 3 07-18-2017 05:54 PM
Macro Tesla discs are at Infinite Discs Todd@InfiniteDiscs Commercial Marketplace 0 04-28-2017 11:45 AM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:21 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.