Old 02-01-2019, 02:09 PM
Par Member

Courses Played: 3
Niced 47 Times in 37 Posts

I'm willing to bet it's them producing their own discs now, and that the CFR beadless GM I lamented for in another thread a week or so ago is going to be in the regular line up.
Sponsored Links
Old 02-02-2019, 07:06 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 15
Courses Played: 33
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 925 Times in 447 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by racer93 View Post
What would be the difference we would see when and if DM produced their own discs? Same molds, right? More availability?
They would have their own production schedule instead of being at the mercy of Innova.
Old 02-02-2019, 08:07 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 13.9
Courses Played: 104
Niced 269 Times in 116 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by racer93 View Post
What would be the difference we would see when and if DM produced their own discs? Same molds, right? More availability?
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanJon View Post
They would have their own production schedule instead of being at the mercy of Innova.
I just don't see it. It would be an even worse logistical nightmare than getting on the production schedule seems to me.
I think they just need a couple more machines.

Stamping is done in house with Discmania so they have that covered.

It would either be all new molds (so all new flights on everything) or sharing the same molds (doesn't seem feasible)

Discmania: we would like to borrow the following tops, bottoms, and strippers for a little while
Innova: um no lol

Per the Instagram post today it seems to be a long term partnership with some other company.
And I'm not thinking small like a shoe/clothes/bag/cart company - that doesn't change the game. Jussi does big.

Niced: (1)
Old 02-03-2019, 06:59 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 23.9
Courses Played: 4
Niced 198 Times in 138 Posts

Dismania thrower here, so don't take me as someone who doesn't like their products.

But I'm going to call it as just basic marketing, trying to hype something up that really isn't mind blowing.

Come on let's not forget our sport here, its dg!

Old 02-04-2019, 10:50 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 19.8
Courses Played: 75
Niced 170 Times in 103 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Owensjef View Post
D line md4 or different p blend. Ive cycled several this year and they develop turn, but the plastic is as slick as day one. No grip improvements with seasoning, and even worse as its colder now. Not worth it to me. Id rather see S or D line
I agree with you for the most part. I currently cycle MD4s. I bag a MF, a 2017 Glow C-Line and three P-Lines. I FINALLY have a completely understable P-Line. I just pulled the MD out my bag. I dont know if its color dependent but most of my P-Lines are slick like you mentioned. I do have two slightly softer P-Lines that felt noticeably more grippy when brand new than the other P-Lines I have. Theyre the softest ones I could find. One of them is yellow and one is orange. I agree though, a vast majority of P-Line MD4s Ive felt in person are slick. Thats why I want to cycle D-Line. A flat top S-Line would be sweet too.

Old 02-04-2019, 07:12 PM
Par Member

Courses Played: 16
Niced 125 Times in 61 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscinFiend View Post
I agree with you for the most part. I currently cycle MD4s. I bag a MF, a 2017 Glow C-Line and three P-Lines. I FINALLY have a completely understable P-Line. I just pulled the MD out my bag. I dont know if its color dependent but most of my P-Lines are slick like you mentioned. I do have two slightly softer P-Lines that felt noticeably more grippy when brand new than the other P-Lines I have. Theyre the softest ones I could find. One of them is yellow and one is orange. I agree though, a vast majority of P-Line MD4s Ive felt in person are slick. Thats why I want to cycle D-Line. A flat top S-Line would be sweet too.
Was not aware some were actually softer. I guess I will go feel up the local selection
Old 02-05-2019, 10:34 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 7.8
Courses Played: 43
Niced 442 Times in 225 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenga54 View Post
I just don't see it. It would be an even worse logistical nightmare than getting on the production schedule seems to me.
I think they just need a couple more machines.

Stamping is done in house with Discmania so they have that covered.

It would either be all new molds (so all new flights on everything) or sharing the same molds (doesn't seem feasible)

Discmania: we would like to borrow the following tops, bottoms, and strippers for a little while
Innova: um no lol

Per the Instagram post today it seems to be a long term partnership with some other company.
And I'm not thinking small like a shoe/clothes/bag/cart company - that doesn't change the game. Jussi does big.
I agree. I was thinking a partnership with a larger company or some sort of TV deal for the World Tour. Also, the space they moved into is a commercial condo unit. It isn't a manufacturing facility.
Old 02-05-2019, 11:19 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 13.9
Courses Played: 104
Niced 269 Times in 116 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mocheez View Post
I agree. I was thinking a partnership with a larger company or some sort of TV deal for the World Tour. Also, the space they moved into is a commercial condo unit. It isn't a manufacturing facility.
Google Search is pretty cool

Niced: (2)
Old 02-05-2019, 12:54 PM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 36
Niced 71 Times in 55 Posts

9,000 S.F. should be big enough for manufacturing, if that's what they are using for it.

I agree with others that their "mystery" is a partnership with another company. It falls on a Valentine's Day, so it would make sense.

Old 02-06-2019, 06:16 AM

Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

Jussi had on his Instagram stories videoclip where he was visiting Emporio Armani showroom at ISPO trade show. Maybe Discmania is going to be collaboratin with Emporio Armani? Didn't Simon wear Emporios polos last season?