#4791  
Old 05-12-2022, 10:31 AM
ray1970's Avatar
ray1970 ray1970 is offline
Double Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2020
Location: Denver
Posts: 1,994
Niced 1,805 Times in 920 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by the1discChallenge View Post
Have you thrown a cn Volt? I was curious how they compared to the Terra. Obviously different hand feel, but if they're similar flight, I like the Volt in the hand bettet (I've held a Terra but not thrown it).

I bagged Volts for a bit. The cosmic neutron one I had was noticeably beefier compared to my other Volts. In fact, I would often opt to throw it in situations where I would normally reach for a Felon because the flight was similar. Mine had a decent dome to it so I don’t know for sure if it was the plastic or the way it molded up or a combination of the two that made it unusually overstable.
Sponsored Links
Reply With Quote
  #4792  
Old 05-12-2022, 10:52 AM
MiDiscsAreCold MiDiscsAreCold is offline
Newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2020
Location: Michigan
Posts: 49
Niced 56 Times in 36 Posts
Default

My Volts with the most dome are definitely the most overstable regardless of plastic.

I recently put a Terra in the bag and it has a different flight than my Volts. It might be a touch more HSS than most of my Volts but it's glide means it goes farther and carries a ton of lateral distance at the end. My beefy Volts want to get to the ground quickly once the fade kicks in.

Reply With Quote
  #4793  
Old 05-12-2022, 11:36 AM
the1discChallenge's Avatar
the1discChallenge the1discChallenge is offline
Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: SE Michigan
Years Playing: 12.1
Courses Played: 14
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 689
Niced 132 Times in 91 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiDiscsAreCold View Post
My Volts with the most dome are definitely the most overstable regardless of plastic.

I recently put a Terra in the bag and it has a different flight than my Volts. It might be a touch more HSS than most of my Volts but it's glide means it goes farther and carries a ton of lateral distance at the end. My beefy Volts want to get to the ground quickly once the fade kicks in.
That's really good to know-- I'll check out a Terra then! I have a few discs to trade in to my local brick and mortar store, so I may as well give it a shot even if I don't love the hand feel

Niced: (1)
Reply With Quote
  #4794  
Old 05-12-2022, 11:57 AM
Mike C's Avatar
Mike C Mike C is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: SC
Years Playing: 13.1
Courses Played: 127
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 6,828
Niced 607 Times in 374 Posts
Default

Thanks for the suggestions guys. Looks like I should order a Terra with my glow Reactor!

Reply With Quote
  #4795  
Old 05-12-2022, 01:18 PM
strunk flugget strunk flugget is offline
Par Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2020
Location: NC
Courses Played: 16
Posts: 177
Niced 133 Times in 88 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by the1discChallenge View Post
That's really good to know-- I'll check out a Terra then! I have a few discs to trade in to my local brick and mortar store, so I may as well give it a shot even if I don't love the hand feel
I've not thrown a CN Volt...I had a lab 2nd from the mystery box (neutron) that I really wish I would've kept, in hindsight. It was very straight with a mild fade and had some good stability. I am working on beating in a fission volt right now. I also have a second run bendy James and that thing mirrors the stability of the Terra's but does not glide as much. The terra is a touch deeper of a disc which is possibly what gives it the better glide but I really love how it doesn't dump hard when fading.

I have two Terra's where I am trying to get one to beat in a bit straighter. I have the bendy james volt and the fission. I've heard once the bendy james gets beat up a bit, it starts to fly nice so that is what I am working on. The craves are just perfectly neutral and nearly as far as the volt/terra so they all seem to have their place.

Niced: (1)
Reply With Quote
  #4796  
Old 05-12-2022, 04:31 PM
mas30066 mas30066 is offline
Par Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2021
Posts: 184
Niced 177 Times in 94 Posts
Default

Playing a short, stable bag this afternoon and forcing some different choices. Par thus far.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 82811CC8-A694-49DA-A581-5FCEA8F69E71.jpg (156.0 KB, 44 views)

Reply With Quote
  #4797  
Old 05-12-2022, 08:11 PM
jakebake91's Avatar
jakebake91 jakebake91 is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Colfax, Wisconsin
Years Playing: 6
Courses Played: 12
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 2,928
Niced 2,940 Times in 1,342 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mas30066 View Post
Playing a short, stable bag this afternoon and forcing some different choices. Par thus far.
I have an absolute clone of that runway. I love that disc. It's everything a beefy beefy mid should be.
Reply With Quote
  #4798  
Old 05-13-2022, 07:25 AM
mas30066 mas30066 is offline
Par Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2021
Posts: 184
Niced 177 Times in 94 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakebake91 View Post
I have an absolute clone of that runway. I love that disc. It's everything a beefy beefy mid should be.
That one’s new to me (yesterday) as a second. I have a Neutron Runway at 174 and now this one at 168. I haven’t quite found the handle yet, but it feels like this may have more glide. Absolutely agreed on the love though. The Reactors anchor my midrange (one more Fission on the way as mine went swimming this week: darned thing hooked up beautifully straight at exactly the wrong moment), but the Runway’s a key complementary disc and probably my primary approach disc (at least the other one is).
Reply With Quote
  #4799  
Old 05-13-2022, 08:27 AM
the1discChallenge's Avatar
the1discChallenge the1discChallenge is offline
Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: SE Michigan
Years Playing: 12.1
Courses Played: 14
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 689
Niced 132 Times in 91 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mas30066 View Post
That one’s new to me (yesterday) as a second. I have a Neutron Runway at 174 and now this one at 168. I haven’t quite found the handle yet, but it feels like this may have more glide. Absolutely agreed on the love though. The Reactors anchor my midrange (one more Fission on the way as mine went swimming this week: darned thing hooked up beautifully straight at exactly the wrong moment), but the Runway’s a key complementary disc and probably my primary approach disc (at least the other one is).
How's the 168 compare to the heavy one?
Reply With Quote
 

  #4800  
Old 05-13-2022, 04:10 PM
mas30066 mas30066 is offline
Par Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2021
Posts: 184
Niced 177 Times in 94 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by the1discChallenge View Post
How's the 168 compare to the heavy one?
Throwing them together a bit today, I’m slotting the heavier one as an approach desk (paired with an Entropy) and the lighter one as a different flavor of mid (with the Reactor) if that makes sense. The differences are subtle and unsubtle at the same time.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread) (Part IV) Noill Discs 5530 02-24-2019 11:36 AM
MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread) (Part III) Three Putt Discs 5403 06-13-2016 11:16 AM
MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread) (Part II) Three Putt Discs 4612 05-16-2014 04:11 PM
MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread) cmrichar Discs 5362 05-11-2013 08:34 AM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:25 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.