Old 11-12-2017, 06:18 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 14.4
Courses Played: 582
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 4 Times in 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tripper View Post
What a crappy thing to do. I hope the perpetrator get founds out and banned from any event in his area.

That being said this Alex fellow has a remarkable memory. I can't always remember all the discs in my bag let alone 60+ discs in a box.
Alex is freak when it’s comes to discs.
He can tell me what disc, color, weight etc of a shot I threw two years ago.
Sponsored Links

Niced: (2)
Old 11-12-2017, 11:54 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 10.4
Courses Played: 282
Niced 216 Times in 117 Posts

Disc golfers are the worst.
Old 11-12-2017, 07:26 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 6.2
Courses Played: 24
Niced 86 Times in 56 Posts

Wow that really sucks. Especially at an event such as this. I hope that the disc were not actually stolen by someone and that they somehow got moved or misplaced by accident and that they will turn up shortly.
Old 11-12-2017, 07:55 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 15.2
Courses Played: 86
Niced 1,628 Times in 675 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarkeyPuck View Post
Disc golfers are the worst.
I refuse to believe that.

Thieves are the worst.
Old 11-12-2017, 11:44 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 11.1
Courses Played: 132
Niced 535 Times in 259 Posts

Disc golfing thieves who steal discs meant for charity are the worst

Niced: (1)
Old 11-13-2017, 07:25 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 24.3
Courses Played: 125
Niced 3,311 Times in 1,469 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejvogie View Post
Disc golfing thieves who steal discs meant for charity are the worst
They would be.

In this case, they stole a box of discs belonging to an individual attending a charity event. The discs themselves weren't involved in the charity or event; he just had a box of them with him, for whatever reasons. We still were able to turn $1,300 over to The Children's Heart Foundation.

But it's close. You'd hope people would be the better angels of their nature at a charity event. And at one where the private property owners opened up their yard to strangers playing disc golf. And at one with the vibe of dozens of disc golfers camping out on the course all weekend, sharing stories and music and beer and perhaps things ineligible for discussion on this site---the kind of atmosphere where you wouldn't expect a thief.

Old 11-13-2017, 09:42 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 7.4
Courses Played: 94
Niced 323 Times in 162 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidSauls View Post
---the kind of atmosphere where you wouldn't expect a thief.
Wait, it was a disc golf tournament wasn't it? Not to impugn all disc golfers, but I have been to tournaments where whole bags were stolen and cars were broken into, our local park's equipment has been stolen while the only people present were disc golfers and I've seen plenty enough other illegal activities going on around our sport to ever think that any disc golf tournament is a thief-free environment.
Old 11-13-2017, 10:05 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 9.5
Courses Played: 98
Niced 232 Times in 124 Posts

I had a guy, my random draw doubles partner no less, steal a disc out of my bag while I was making my shot. I come to a hole where I always threw my green River. I remember my partner admiring that disc a few holes before this, saying he'd love to have a disc like that. I reach for my River and it's gone (hadn't thrown it since the hole a while back) so I throw something else. Now I'm distracted and pissed because I knew it should be in the bag. On the next hole, while my partner is throwing, I look in his bag (which now has a towel draped over it) and there low and behold is my green River. I just grabbed it and put it back in my bag and didn't say a word.

I know, cool story bro. But the point is that honest golfers have to sort of spread the word about dishonest golfers so that people can watch out for them. This kind of thing has happened many times with this guy, so everyone knows to not let him close to your stuff or don't play around him at all. Sometimes you get stuck with it if you play random draw.
Old 11-13-2017, 10:44 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 9.3
Courses Played: 68
Niced 133 Times in 75 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by art_vandelay View Post
I had a guy, my random draw doubles partner no less, steal a disc out of my bag while I was making my shot. I come to a hole where I always threw my green River. I remember my partner admiring that disc a few holes before this, saying he'd love to have a disc like that. I reach for my River and it's gone (hadn't thrown it since the hole a while back) so I throw something else. Now I'm distracted and pissed because I knew it should be in the bag. On the next hole, while my partner is throwing, I look in his bag (which now has a towel draped over it) and there low and behold is my green River. I just grabbed it and put it back in my bag and didn't say a word.

I know, cool story bro. But the point is that honest golfers have to sort of spread the word about dishonest golfers so that people can watch out for them. This kind of thing has happened many times with this guy, so everyone knows to not let him close to your stuff or don't play around him at all. Sometimes you get stuck with it if you play random draw.
You should've thrown his bag at him and told him to gtfo.

Niced: (1)

Old 11-13-2017, 11:08 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 9.5
Courses Played: 98
Niced 232 Times in 124 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shamis View Post
You should've thrown his bag at him and told him to gtfo.
Probably but I have not been in a fight since 8th grade and I don't plan to over a 15 dollar piece of plastic.