Old 10-24-2018, 04:09 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 39.6
Courses Played: 95
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 873 Times in 335 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to Jay Dub

Very few of you throw a mold because someone else throws it. It won't matter for sales.
Sponsored Links
Old 10-24-2018, 04:09 PM
* Ace Member *

Niced 2,590 Times in 1,647 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by halfghan View Post
I just cant wait for all of the folks who say "DC discs are hot garbage" to eat their words if/when PB switches over.
I don't think I've seen people complain or hate on Discraft like other companies, for example Prodigy or Trilogy? I find it's more just blah/grey and people aren't attracted to them and their minimally existent presence.

But if this were to happen it'd be really interesting to see how many people change Destroyers for Forces and Roc3's for Buzzzes.

I just can't imagine Innova without Paul.
Old 10-24-2018, 04:10 PM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Dub View Post
Very few of you throw a mold because someone else throws it. It won't matter for sales.
I'm not sure if I'm missing sarcasm or if you're forgetting about the Sexton Firebird?
Old 10-24-2018, 04:12 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 5.8
Courses Played: 19
Niced 1,015 Times in 588 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowplastic View Post

But if this were to happen it'd be really interesting to see how many people change Destroyers for Forces and Roc3's for Wasps
FTFY

Niced: (2)
Old 10-24-2018, 04:12 PM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowplastic View Post
I'm not sure if I'm missing sarcasm or if you're forgetting about the Sexton Firebird?
I was being serious. Sexton Firebird is a great disc/mold/plastic because of how it was manufactured and how it flies, not because Sexton threw it.
Old 10-24-2018, 04:18 PM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
I was being serious. Sexton Firebird is a great disc/mold/plastic because of how it was manufactured and how it flies, not because Sexton threw it.
I do agree with you that it has different characteristics than a normal Firebird that make it way better suited for the majority of people...and that's why they continue to sell. But definitely the Sexton name helps out, and seeing him throw them basically 1.5x per hole every time he's on tourney coverage increases visibility.
Old 10-24-2018, 04:21 PM

Years Playing: 24.4
Courses Played: 113
Niced 32 Times in 14 Posts

Quote:
I have 4 Sexton Firebirds. They’re all on my wall and signed. Like a lot of people. None in my bag.
And yes, SEVERAL people have one because Sexton throws it. I see 1-5 Sexton wannabes per tournament I play.
Old 10-24-2018, 04:22 PM
* Ace Member *

Courses Played: 39
Niced 505 Times in 233 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoeschel View Post
I very much agree with this. However, i would argue that Paul switching sponsors will generate a lot more sales for his new sponsor than Paul staying with Innova will for them. Everyone following Pauls bag has already picked up what he is throwing right now. This is not the case for a new sponsor.
So, if McBeth goes to Discraft, will Dunipace restamp all those McBeth discs adding "666?"

Niced: (1)
Old 10-24-2018, 04:32 PM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by DGStein View Post
I have 4 Sexton Firebirds. They’re all on my wall and signed. Like a lot of people. None in my bag.
And yes, SEVERAL people have one because Sexton throws it. I see 1-5 Sexton wannabes per tournament I play.
I didn't say NO ONE bought discs because of the name on it but I'd be surprised if a lot of people change their whole bag because some pro switched sponsors. If they do, imo, they're foolish.

Niced: (1)

Old 10-24-2018, 04:36 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 15.5
Courses Played: 24
Niced 705 Times in 289 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DGStein View Post
I agree. Tiger is the only reason Nike even started making golf clubs and balls and look how much of the market share they control now. Yes it's smaller than what Innova controls comparatively but it's still significant.

The face of your brand is an important marketing tool. Ken Climo sold a whole lot of discs too.

Quote:
I didn't say NO ONE bought discs because of the name on it but I'd be surprised if a lot of people change their whole bag because some pro switched sponsors. If they do, imo, they're foolish.
They would see an increase in sales. Only a few fools would switch out their entire bag but plenty of people would buy 1-2 discs. Not to mention the huge demand for 5x world champ releases.

Last edited by broomerang; 10-24-2018 at 04:38 PM.