Old 06-22-2018, 10:28 AM
Bogey Member

Niced 12 Times in 10 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexplz View Post
I feel like I should know better than to necro this thread, BUUUUUUUT - If I were to seek a GYRO option to replace the wasp and comet portion of my mids, what would be the best bet? Basically a longer version of the envy/proxy combo.
For handfeel the Vector is most similar to a Wasp, however the 177g Neutron Vector I have is significantly less stable than my 180 Z wasp. Maybe you could fine a max weight proton one that would work but I have a feeling if you juice the Vector like I like to throw the Wasp it wont fade as much.

I haven't gotten to throw a comet yet. If you want a mid that'll just take what angle you give it and hold it, I'd recommend the Tangent. It's not a big glider, but it holds nice very slow panning annys, and on a flat rip is just going to go so straight with maybe a 0.5 fade.
Sponsored Links
Old 06-22-2018, 10:53 PM
Verified Jurkface

Years Playing: 11.2
Courses Played: 159
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 1,391 Times in 716 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexplz View Post
Presently bagging these putters and mids:

Dagger for putting
backup Dagger for throwing
Proton Spin
Neutron Envy
Possibly a Plasma Proxy unless I feel like I can hyzer flip the Spin for straight putter drives

Recon Mortar
Z Wasp
Z Comet
TP Tursas

I feel like I should know better than to necro this thread, BUUUUUUUT - If I were to seek a GYRO option to replace the wasp and comet portion of my mids, what would be the best bet? Basically a longer version of the envy/proxy combo.
I'd go Proton Vector (non flat if your Wasp is fairly beefy) and max weight proton Theory. The tricky thing is that the MVP discs that are most like the Comet especially are Theory and Tangent but neither are that much longer than Envy/Proxy (especially Tangent). If you really want the longer Envy/Proxy duo but less speed overlap I'd go with the Vector and an Eclipse Axis. The Alias is also really Envy/Proxy-like except in slow mid form, depending on weight and plastic. A heavy Proton Alias and maybe lighter N Alias might work.

Old 06-23-2018, 12:07 AM
Double Eagle Member

Courses Played: 6
Niced 468 Times in 344 Posts

If I was going to switch to an all premium plastic mid line up it would look something like this.
Z Wasp
Zone
Z Glo Buzzz
ESP Buzzz
ZMeteor

Ooooorrrrr
Champ Gator
S line P3X
Champ Roc3
Star Rancho Roc
Champ Manta
But that's just me, and I'm never gonna switch to all premium mids.