Old 05-17-2018, 09:30 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 13.3
Courses Played: 174
Niced 83 Times in 47 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Future_Primitive View Post
Question for the locals, is Vision Quest only available to the general public on the weekends? We were hoping to play this and BRP on Thursday after everyone arrives on Wednesday. With 5 of us possibly playing doubles (with cali) thought it would be best to avoid weekend crowds and hit these two during the work week. Thanks in advance for the help.
Side note: are you planning on playing Thursday Flex League at BRP on Thursday? It can be moderately crowded throughout the day Thursday and Sunday because of leagues. Not to scare you away, because Thursday before most people are off of work should be fine, but those two days see a lot of traffic.
Sponsored Links
Old 05-17-2018, 09:43 PM
FROLF OFF!

Years Playing: 10.3
Courses Played: 134
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 969 Times in 663 Posts

Quote:
Question for the locals, is Vision Quest only available to the general public on the weekends? We were hoping to play this and BRP on Thursday after everyone arrives on Wednesday. With 5 of us possibly playing doubles (with cali) thought it would be best to avoid weekend crowds and hit these two during the work week. Thanks in advance for the help.
Call or email the owner and explain you are coming from out of state. You might get special access via an appointment if scheduling works.

Niced: (1)
Old 05-18-2018, 08:40 AM
Double Eagle Member

Courses Played: 117
Niced 243 Times in 132 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by smarkquart View Post
Side note: are you planning on playing Thursday Flex League at BRP on Thursday? It can be moderately crowded throughout the day Thursday and Sunday because of leagues. Not to scare you away, because Thursday before most people are off of work should be fine, but those two days see a lot of traffic.
Plan is to play BRP in the morning on Thursday, maybe 9:30/10:00 am range. Then either Vision Quest after (if open to public) or Lakewood Hills (if not) early afternoon like 1:30/2:00 range. With BRP leagues Thursday evening we will definitely play it first as to avoid the traffic. Thanks for the heads up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aim For The Chains View Post
Call or email the owner and explain you are coming from out of state. You might get special access via an appointment if scheduling works.
That's what I was thinking, make a personal call and explain our situation and see if there was a way to sneak a round in. Put that on my To Do list for sure now that it sounds like it might be possible to play on a Thursday. Probably getting hotel by the airport and some guys fly out Saturday evening. Was hoping to avoid driving back up to VQ on a Saturday after making that drive on Thursday for BRP. Doing BRP/VQ on Thursday means we can play something closer to airport on Saturday for final round. Thanks!
Old 05-23-2018, 01:30 PM
Double Eagle Member

Well the email didn't work out, maybe it was an old one and needs updating (on About page for course)? Did a quick google and got the phone # and called, was informed they are open to the public all week long. Should make for a fun day hitting both BRP and Vision Quest in the same day. Less than a month to go!
Old 06-26-2018, 09:36 AM
Double Eagle Member

Thanks again to everyone who pitched in their $.02 on which courses to play. Very impressed with the upkeep of just about every course and the multiple pads and baskets giving us all kinds of options to play. Looks like we hit BRP immediately after it was set-up for the Minnesota Majestic, so it was quite challenging but in great shape and even the burger shack was open that Thursday. The weather was amazing in the 78-85 deg range, minimal wind and no rain.

Road trip stops: Lemon Lake (IN), The Canyons (IL), Wilderness (WI) and Zobel Park (WI)

Minnesota courses: BRP, Vision Quest, Bryant Lake Park, The Valley along with Brockway park and Rosland Park. Also snuck in a visit to GGGT and spent a little money.

Now sitting at 120 courses played in 11 different states. Narrowly missed my first out of state ACE, off the cage at The Valley #17 on our last day. Would have been an incredible way to finish out the trip. Thanks again DGCR and all the Minnesota folks for the help!

Niced: (2)
Old 06-26-2018, 12:04 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 9.3
Courses Played: 19
Niced 842 Times in 422 Posts

Glad you had a good trip.

Old 06-26-2018, 12:29 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 13.3
Courses Played: 174
Niced 83 Times in 47 Posts

Sidenote to getting an out of state ace. I have two in Iowa from prior trips (Wildcat Bluff), but I just finished up my family vacation to the Grand Canyon and ended up playing courses in Amarillo, Albuquerque, and Colorado Springs. No metal, but I had a lot of good runs and parked jobs. At Colorado Springs, I had a couple of locals showing me the course and it would have been nice to bag one there in front of them.

The vacation occurred during Majestic week and is the first time I missed that tournament since I started attending in 2009. In fact, I may not be able to play BRP before it goes back to its normal layout. I am a little bummed, but I have a big July planned for disc golfing. I have my league’s annual road trip to northern Wisconsin, I am going to hit up Chain’s Edge again, and will need to sneak up to White Cedar in Mont du Lac. In August is CCO at Cedar Creek. I am going to have a lot of great rounds before I return to the classroom this fall.

Quote:
Thanks again to everyone who pitched in their $.02 on which courses to play. Very impressed with the upkeep of just about every course and the multiple pads and baskets giving us all kinds of options to play. Looks like we hit BRP immediately after it was set-up for the Minnesota Majestic, so it was quite challenging but in great shape and even the burger shack was open that Thursday. The weather was amazing in the 78-85 deg range, minimal wind and no rain.

Road trip stops: Lemon Lake (IN), The Canyons (IL), Wilderness (WI) and Zobel Park (WI)

Minnesota courses: BRP, Vision Quest, Bryant Lake Park, The Valley along with Brockway park and Rosland Park. Also snuck in a visit to GGGT and spent a little money.

Now sitting at 120 courses played in 11 different states. Narrowly missed my first out of state ACE, off the cage at The Valley #17 on our last day. Would have been an incredible way to finish out the trip. Thanks again DGCR and all the Minnesota folks for the help!
Old 06-26-2018, 01:39 PM
Double Eagle Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broken Shoulder View Post
Glad you had a good trip.
Thanks, some beautiful courses you all got there. The Colorado guys were super impressed with all the mowing they saw going on. Guess mowed fairways are hard to come by out there.

Only change we made was to drop Hyland Ski Area and play Bryant twice, which felt like a solid decision as Bryant was pretty awesome. Ran into some guys at BRP and asked them about the courses we had lined up and got some grumbles about Hyland. Everyone we ran into raved about Bryant so we played longs one round and shorts the second round.

Old 06-26-2018, 01:55 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 9.3
Courses Played: 19
Niced 842 Times in 422 Posts

Yeah, Bryant is a really fun play. Not super challenging, but definitely enjoyable.

Old 06-27-2018, 10:39 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 12.2
Courses Played: 109
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 678 Times in 371 Posts

Yeah, man I really need to get out there again. Been since '15 since I've been to the cities.

Bryant 17 is the best top of the world shot I've played. Super fun course.