Old 09-14-2018, 11:48 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 12.2
Courses Played: 215
Niced 1,523 Times in 1,011 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by billyjacko View Post
So is this right to left action at the kick/crush the can kind of in line with what BW was saying with the target being to the left? In other words, is this kind of the same concept with the lower body to get yourself to "grip lock straight" as he says it?
Exactly!!! Your body motion/momentum has to lead or accelerate the disc!!! And the body/arm have to give the disc swing space!!!
Sponsored Links

Last edited by sidewinder22; 09-14-2018 at 11:52 PM.
Old 09-15-2018, 12:08 PM
* Ace Member *

Niced 1,477 Times in 995 Posts

Quote:
So is this right to left action at the kick/crush the can kind of in line with what BW was saying with the target being to the left? In other words, is this kind of the same concept with the lower body to get yourself to "grip lock straight" as he says it?
Check out the last page or two of my thread if you haven't...

This is getting cleared up for me and feeling so much simpler.

Niced: (1)
Old 09-16-2018, 04:52 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 2.6
Courses Played: 22
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 67 Times in 52 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowplastic View Post
Check out the last page or two of my thread if you haven't...

This is getting cleared up for me and feeling so much simpler.
Yes there is absolute gold in there. Just trying some dry runs inside my room make many light bulbs illuminate. The whole idea of a neutral stance, offset diagonal to the left of the target line seems sooo simple and makes so much sense. All of the "positions" and angle benchmarks seem like they want to just fall into place. The slightly open rear foot and slightly closed front foot, the wide upper arm angle in the backswing, the elbow forward/closed shoulder, it all just kinda happens.

VERY excited to get into the field. I anticipate some challenges integrating it into an xstep from a backswing, but the mental approach towards this just seems so simple.

Old 09-16-2018, 09:05 PM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 5
Niced 163 Times in 115 Posts

Messing around with more right to left weight shift, and slowing the x-step down to continue working on sequence. I think I'm actually starting to get a bit of the Hershyzer too.

Old 09-16-2018, 10:00 PM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 1
Niced 201 Times in 145 Posts

Quote:
Messing around with more right to left weight shift, and slowing the x-step down to continue working on sequence. I think I'm actually starting to get a bit of the Hershyzer too.

I've read probably most of the 800 posts on this thread and that, to me, looks like your best yet.

Niced: (2)
Old 09-20-2018, 11:50 PM
Eagle Member

I don't know whether to post this hear or in the other explosion of threads that have come from the recent buzz created by SW and BW, but the battering ram anology might be the single most important thing to happen to DG form reviews/analysis/teaching. The forward swing/load in the x-step (or 'pump/feldy pump') makes so much more sense if you just pretend you have a broom stick in your hand. You can see it in guys like McBeth who rock both hands forward together towards the target as their rear foot reaches synchronized with them. Then everything comes back together (reach back) in preparation to smash through the door. The difference in our anology vs the reality of throwing a Frisbee is we let go with the rear hand at the point where the stick will stay taught parallel with the ground as we swing it through on plane with our release angle continuing to try to use it as if it were a battering ram. There's a drill in here with a door, a stick, and maybe a wall that might make teaching people how to throw a million times easier.

Old 09-21-2018, 12:41 AM
Eagle Member

Super quick visual explanation of what I'm trying to portray. Not quite in an environment where I can give it everything, but the sequence is what really matters here.

Old 09-21-2018, 09:09 AM
Birdie Member

Courses Played: 46
Niced 116 Times in 93 Posts

That diagonal plant! Looks a little like Simon. Nice work! Get healed up so you can bomb some discs.

Last edited by UhhNegative; 09-21-2018 at 09:11 AM.