Old 09-12-2018, 01:02 PM
Birdie Member

Niced 379 Times in 140 Posts
Default Power Pocket and Arc-My new video

Someone said I should start a thread for this video.

Sponsored Links

Old 09-12-2018, 02:01 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 7.3
Courses Played: 29
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 498 Times in 289 Posts

Thanks Bradley. This will be much easier to find and point people to. Fantastic video. That would be very hard to explain in words if not impossible. Visually it makes a lot of sense and easy to understand.
Old 09-12-2018, 02:02 PM
Double Eagle Member

Courses Played: 35
Niced 830 Times in 400 Posts

Heading to the field in t-minus 150 minutes...
Old 09-12-2018, 02:06 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 5.6
Courses Played: 24
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 567 Times in 330 Posts

OK, so this highlights an issue I have and makes me think it is much more significant than I thought.

Collapsing shoulder and small arc. I knew this was an issue for a while and have thought I was making progress but filmed myself the other day and I haven't. I thought simply getting the disc in to the right pec :beto drill was the answer and its part but my arc is very very small, and in practice i'm not getting the disc anywhere near the right pec.

I caught what you have meant about pointing the lower arm left of the target. Made sense and in feeling held my shoulders closed longer, but filing myself i see i'm not even close to getting this right.

So? More right pec drill? take some glidey mids and get that elbow pointed 45o left of target and just work on big smooth arc from there?

My next step I had been thinking about is actually hammering onto a board as if pounding nails into a wall from that setup.

Niced: (1)
Old 09-12-2018, 02:13 PM
Birdie Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Putt for D'oh View Post
OK, so this highlights an issue I have and makes me think it is much more significant than I thought.

Collapsing shoulder and small arc. I knew this was an issue for a while and have thought I was making progress but filmed myself the other day and I haven't. I thought simply getting the disc in to the right pec :beto drill was the answer and its part but my arc is very very small, and in practice i'm not getting the disc anywhere near the right pec.

I caught what you have meant about pointing the lower arm left of the target. Made sense and in feeling held my shoulders closed longer, but filing myself i see i'm not even close to getting this right.

So? More right pec drill? take some glidey mids and get that elbow pointed 45o left of target and just work on big smooth arc from there?

My next step I had been thinking about is actually hammering onto a board as if pounding nails into a wall from that setup.
Get a stack of putters and throw at catch speed and really, really do what I said. Go slow.

You will find your body will need to SLOW DOWN when you make your arc LARGER!!!

Thank about that. Little arc that is all collapsed you are trying to spin faster until your form is crap.

Big arc, you can slow down the center rotation speed and still go faster.

So, start slow. Big arc. Force it out to the left. You will need to start gripping the disc now... As your centripetal force is going to go through the roof and you have never really had to grip tight before.

Old 09-12-2018, 03:42 PM
Par Member

Niced 21 Times in 12 Posts

Thanks for answering our requests for video and a better explanation of ARC and 45 degree we were asking for. Reading through those threads it became apparent to me the reason my accuracy goes into the ****ter (shots spit to the right of target) when trying to do the reverse K or wide rail is because of an early shoulder opening. With the wide rail I really feel the Snap, that is the disc pivoting rapidly around my grip point between the index finger and thumb. I cant get this feeling consistently without the wide rail, so now I can practice the wide rail, get my snap, and now I know I have a technique to my shoulder opening too early to prevent shots to the right.

Will field practice this soon and be back with results.
Old 09-12-2018, 04:01 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 24.9
Courses Played: 2
Niced 1,658 Times in 936 Posts

You should also know that the mods collect such videos into a technique section that is in the back of the forums. I'm pretty sure your other vids are there too.
Old 09-12-2018, 04:03 PM
Birdie Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Discusted View Post
Thanks for answering our requests for video and a better explanation of ARC and 45 degree we were asking for. Reading through those threads it became apparent to me the reason my accuracy goes into the ****ter (shots spit to the right of target) when trying to do the reverse K or wide rail is because of an early shoulder opening.

Keerect.

Elbow forward, or "elbowing the door down" usually becomes SHOULDER OPEN, ELBOW RIGHT, ARM RIGHT, NOSE UP HEYSER...
Old 09-12-2018, 04:08 PM
* Ace Member *

Niced 2,631 Times in 1,656 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bradley Walker View Post
Keerect.

Elbow forward, or "elbowing the door down" usually becomes SHOULDER OPEN, ELBOW RIGHT, ARM RIGHT, NOSE UP HEYSER...
Yep I know that one.

What do you feel is over your front foot...your head/upper spine, your shoulder, your elbow? How far forward are you trying to get?

Old 09-12-2018, 04:12 PM
Par Member

Niced 21 Times in 12 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bradley Walker View Post
Keerect.

Yes I've never really understood elbowing down the door, I figured that'd be something I worked on later after working on other things. Now I'm wondering if that "Elbow down the door" advice should really be "Elbow down the door, but that door is 45 degrees left of target"? Or is a forceful elbowing not really needed at all?