Old 02-14-2020, 09:39 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 16.5
Courses Played: 32
Niced 745 Times in 451 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Albatross View Post
I’ve seen more Wraiths on the course lately, more Discraft too, but I think the McBeth effect has scattered some of the Destroyer throwers. Obviously sponsored pros wouldn’t ditch the Destroyer for a Surge.
lol

They should be scattered. Most of those turkeys are not throwing Destroyers at their intended potential. If they've moved onto Zueses than blah. They should be throwing Thunderbirds or Predators instead.
Sponsored Links
Old 02-14-2020, 10:49 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 11.4
Courses Played: 36
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 476 Times in 245 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stable View Post
lol

They should be scattered. Most of those turkeys are not throwing Destroyers at their intended potential. If they've moved onto Zueses than blah. They should be throwing Thunderbirds or Predators instead.
Or realistically Comets and Leopards.

Niced: (3)
Old 02-15-2020, 01:40 PM
Par Member

Niced 102 Times in 48 Posts

A little bird told me there might just be a small custom run of swirly ESP Surges coming this year. No idea when, but I'm buying 20.
Old 02-15-2020, 05:58 PM
Birdie Member

Courses Played: 9
Niced 167 Times in 114 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fly_High View Post
A little bird told me there might just be a small custom run of swirly ESP Surges coming this year. No idea when, but I'm buying 20.
I will too, but hopefully they won’t be like the Ledgestone run.
Old 04-10-2020, 05:17 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 5.6
Courses Played: 199
Niced 989 Times in 623 Posts

Quote:
I don't know if these were the ones you mentioned, but Infinite has 75 pretty ESP Surges, all in that 170g and heavier range. They may have dropped a while ago, but I missed them.

It seems like Infinite orders these runs often. They hooked me with the ESP Banger GT at some point, and a Luster Champ Leopard3 another time. Does anyone know if there's rhyme or reason to this? Is someone at Infinite just trying to benefit off of our desire for an ESP Surge?
Old 04-10-2020, 05:40 PM
Par Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by armiller View Post
I don't know if these were the ones you mentioned, but Infinite has 75 pretty ESP Surges, all in that 170g and heavier range. They may have dropped a while ago, but I missed them.

It seems like Infinite orders these runs often. They hooked me with the ESP Banger GT at some point, and a Luster Champ Leopard3 another time. Does anyone know if there's rhyme or reason to this? Is someone at Infinite just trying to benefit off of our desire for an ESP Surge?
Yeah, these were what I was talking about. I bought 10 right when they came out. They fly real nice. Teals and yellows are the least stable but ymmv.

Discraft will run you just about anything you want if you order 500+ of them. Don't know about any other manufacturers limits on customs runs or if they do it at all.

Niced: (1)
Old 04-10-2020, 05:49 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 5.6
Courses Played: 199
Niced 989 Times in 623 Posts

Quote:
Yeah, these were what I was talking about. I bought 10 right when they came out. They fly real nice. Teals and yellows are the least stable but ymmv.
You're making me curious. How far do you throw them. Do you mean they're relatively flippy Surges, or that it's a good amount of turn?

I generally like beefy Surges, but certainly wouldn't want to sacrifice the glide and awesome forward fade.

Niced: (1)
Old 04-12-2020, 11:32 PM
Par Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by armiller View Post
You're making me curious. How far do you throw them. Do you mean they're relatively flippy Surges, or that it's a good amount of turn?

I generally like beefy Surges, but certainly wouldn't want to sacrifice the glide and awesome forward fade.
Golf lines are 360ish. These new run Surges fly just like the Surge of yore. Little hyzer, flat then a touch of turn and a forward fade. If you prefer "overstable" Surges, look for the pink/red ones. Those are the most stable in my testing.
Old 04-13-2020, 12:26 AM
* Ace Member *

Niced 977 Times in 755 Posts

Quote:
Golf lines are 360ish. These new run Surges fly just like the Surge of yore. Little hyzer, flat then a touch of turn and a forward fade. If you prefer "overstable" Surges, look for the pink/red ones. Those are the most stable in my testing.
The Surge is so underrated. I bag one just like you describe here. A hard throw will turn it over, but usually in a controlled manner. I find the Surge to work well for fairly long drives that I want to gradually bend right and stay there. No harsh late fade.

If I really get into a Surge I can touch 400' with it. I've always preferred Surges to Wraiths. They're very slightly less stable than Wraiths, and seem to have more glide. Wraiths definitely work better when want more late fade though.

Old 04-13-2020, 09:24 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 15.2
Courses Played: 91
Niced 1,585 Times in 792 Posts

I leaning back in the direction of throwing surges again this year. Got some practice in this weekend, and wide rimmed discs just felt weird. TBD when stay at home order is lifted and courses open back up. I used the surge a lot years ago