* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 40.7
Courses Played: 96
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 2,513 Times in 961 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to Jay Dub

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohtobediscing View Post
It's you and your family's lives, ru4por. Tell 'em to **** off if you have to.
My niece is an RN, she would never tell them to **** off. I doubt many, if any, nurse will.
There's a reason why they picked an unselfish career.

I'm not speaking for ru4por.
Sponsored Links

Old 03-23-2020, 12:21 PM
* Ace No More *

Years Playing: 16.5
Courses Played: 332
Niced 4,734 Times in 2,069 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ru4por View Post
Looks like we are going to get the shelter in place order today. I was brought out of RN retirement today. I work full time in IT, building and maintaining the electronic medical record system used by nursing and physicians (as well as all other ancillary clinical/non clinical hospital staff).

I have been told that I will move back to clinical work full time and to transition my current workload. Really my worst fear. I am not a young man, I am not interested in working the hardest job I have ever had (by far) again. I am not interested in putting my entire family at an additional risk. Yet, my employer is not interested in what my interests are, lol.

Maybe more personal info than anyone here wants to know, but it is indeed a sign of how strained the healthcare system is already.
You're in my thoughts. Hope this ends up being no more than just a big inconvenience for you. I don't know your person health situation, but you seem pretty uncompromised to me. Regardless, best of luck to you!

Old 03-23-2020, 12:22 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 10.2
Courses Played: 87
Niced 133 Times in 52 Posts

disc golfers don't care for some reason, my local club feeds on facebook have lead me to this conclusion. I will be sheltering in place with my family, disc golf can wait as far as i am concerned.

Old 03-23-2020, 12:43 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 41.2
Courses Played: 398
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 208 Times in 115 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Dub View Post
My niece is an RN, she would never tell them to **** off. I doubt many, if any, nurse will.
There's a reason why they picked an unselfish career.

I'm not speaking for ru4por.
I was a public school teacher for 21 years and am still a wildfire fighter for another 21, so don't try to shame me.

On the other hand, none of those jobs threatened my family like this does. If I had young kids or health-compromised parents living with me, I would not come home to the family if I chose to work or I'd quit.

Last edited by ohtobediscing; 03-23-2020 at 12:47 PM.
Old 03-23-2020, 12:44 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 31.5
Courses Played: 150
Niced 770 Times in 288 Posts

Quote:
Looks like we are going to get the shelter in place order today. I was brought out of RN retirement today. I work full time in IT, building and maintaining the electronic medical record system used by nursing and physicians (as well as all other ancillary clinical/non clinical hospital staff).

I have been told that I will move back to clinical work full time and to transition my current workload. Really my worst fear. I am not a young man, I am not interested in working the hardest job I have ever had (by far) again. I am not interested in putting my entire family at an additional risk. Yet, my employer is not interested in what my interests are, lol.

Maybe more personal info than anyone here wants to know, but it is indeed a sign of how strained the healthcare system is already.
I work in the vending machine industry. I don't know yet if we're considered critical enough to stay open. We do stock the machines at hospitals and grocery store chains and their distribution centers.

Thoughts are with you, my friend. I still want to hook up and throw whenever this menace is over.

Niced: (1)
Old 03-23-2020, 12:48 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 40.7
Courses Played: 96
Niced 2,513 Times in 961 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to Jay Dub

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohtobediscing View Post
I was a public school teacher for 21 years and am still a wildfire fighter for another 21, so don't try to shame me.

On the other hand, none of those jobs threatened my family like this does. If I had young kids or health-compromised parents living with me, I would not come home to the family if I chose to work or I'd quit.
How you took my post is on you, not me.

I stand by what I said, "boy".

Old 03-23-2020, 12:50 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 25.5
Courses Played: 106
Niced 312 Times in 152 Posts

Quote:

Yikes dude. Man. This is crazy. To be clear, I'm living just across the river from you (in Canada) however I'd say a really large amount of health care workers (nurses mostly) are crossing the border every day. I saw a social media lost last night from a nurse, she was asking for masks and gloves because the H.F. hospital doesn't have enough! This is super scary, and most of my extended family is in MI. Stay safe Steve.

Old 03-23-2020, 01:01 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 5.4
Courses Played: 42
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 732 Times in 280 Posts

Quote:

While this is a phrase we’ve tied to a particular line of public service, I think it very much applies here and is deserved:

Thank you for your service.

Old 03-23-2020, 01:04 PM
Crushing on Zoe and Hating on Keegan

Years Playing: 13.3
Courses Played: 175
Niced 2,615 Times in 1,208 Posts

Quote:
That is not a source. And a long way from validating, the WHO is a Chinese Communism propaganda organization ,conspiracy theory.

Not going to say that WHO is immune from political influence, or from just making mistakes, but it is irresponsible to promote your conspiracy theories as fact....without proof.

I am curious though....how did the WHO say the virus was being spread?
I did not promote any conspiracy theories, you projected that. Everything I posted was verifiable, in real time. They originally said it just jumped from animal to humans and that there was no human to human transmission.

I can't give you a source you would find acceptable because you're displaying cognitive dissonance and most importantly because there are almost no reliable sources of news/information anymore. All news organizations are wholly corrupt/biased/incompetent to an extraordinary degree. The only reliable sources of news are random anonymous people from the internet that you have to vet and fact-check yourself to the best of your sleuthing abilities.

You can continue to trust governments and corporations that only view you in terms of dollar signs for all of your news or you can think critically for yourself.

Niced: (3)

Old 03-23-2020, 01:05 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 25.4
Courses Played: 127
Niced 5,428 Times in 2,101 Posts

Quote:
Not at all. I'm perfectly willing to be reminded that people are doing extraordinary things during this crisis.....when I can't do much to help, except do nothing.