Old 11-04-2019, 06:59 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 11.3
Courses Played: 83
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 134 Times in 77 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManU View Post
Which would be the least HSS the Scorpius or the DD3?
The 2 Scorpius (sirius 168g and 175g) that I have are more overstable than any of the DD3 that I have (CBs 168g and 173g, S-line 174g)
Sponsored Links

Niced: (1)
Old 11-19-2019, 03:07 PM

Niced 23 Times in 14 Posts

This last run of Cloudbreakers, poppy holy cow, massive glide and distance with good stable flight. I am working one in and it just keeps getting better, but not flippy.
Old 11-19-2019, 06:19 PM
* Ace Member *

Niced 976 Times in 754 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtowneagle View Post
This last run of Cloudbreakers, poppy holy cow, massive glide and distance with good stable flight. I am working one in and it just keeps getting better, but not flippy.
My DD3 isn't a Cloudbreaker, but it sure seems to fly as you describe. Big dome too. More dome than probably any star Destroyer I've seen. Literally that perfect 12, 5, -1, 2 flight.... where the disc actually holds the high speed turn for a while before fading. Most Destroyers don't do that.
Old 03-02-2020, 05:41 AM

Years Playing: 0.5
Niced 25 Times in 15 Posts

Did a review on the new Echo S-line DD3. Truly a everyones DD3. Feel free to give some feedback!

https://youtu.be/4I-Jef0r67g

Niced: (2)
Old 03-24-2020, 11:40 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 4.7
Courses Played: 24
Niced 175 Times in 122 Posts

Today I acquired a DD3 cloudbreaker in a trade. It weighs 167 and has a flat, blizzard-textured wing - reminiscent of the 2017 philo destroyers. It also has a very healthy pop-top.

After a lysol treatment, I hucked it a few times today. Very, very nice disc. If I could find more with this shape, they could challenge my destroyers in my bag. Good glide, some turn, and a nice forward fade. Less dumpy than a destroyer. Flat rips were getting right about 400.

Anyone else throw these flat, straight, blizzard wing cloud breakers? My buddy has a max weight cloud breaker with a more convex shaped wing to it, and it flies more like a PD2. I'd have to hand pick these to buy more.
Old 03-25-2020, 12:50 AM
* Ace Member *

Niced 976 Times in 754 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumberjack504 View Post
Today I acquired a DD3 cloudbreaker in a trade. It weighs 167 and has a flat, blizzard-textured wing - reminiscent of the 2017 philo destroyers. It also has a very healthy pop-top.

After a lysol treatment, I hucked it a few times today. Very, very nice disc. If I could find more with this shape, they could challenge my destroyers in my bag. Good glide, some turn, and a nice forward fade. Less dumpy than a destroyer. Flat rips were getting right about 400.

Anyone else throw these flat, straight, blizzard wing cloud breakers? My buddy has a max weight cloud breaker with a more convex shaped wing to it, and it flies more like a PD2. I'd have to hand pick these to buy more.
The DD3 I threw sounds as you describe, however mine isn't a Cloudbreaker. S line 175g. Really nice, mellow flight. It held high speed turn for a long time before fading fairly gently. Longer and glidier than most star Destroyers I've seen. Big dome too.

I wouldn't be surprised if the DD3 has some inconsistency like Destroyers do. I've only thrown the one, but I really liked it.

Old 03-25-2020, 07:41 PM
Bogey Member

Niced 33 Times in 17 Posts

Looking for a new distance driver. Anyone have insight into DD3 v Barsby Scorpius v Zeus ? I know they're basically all destroyer clones/old destroyer molds. Just don't want a roast beef of a disk on my hand. Looking for something with that nice turn out of the box but always fades back.
Old 03-25-2020, 07:55 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 16.6
Niced 832 Times in 360 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyliaN View Post
Looking for a new distance driver. Anyone have insight into DD3 v Barsby Scorpius v Zeus ? I know they're basically all destroyer clones/old destroyer molds. Just don't want a roast beef of a disk on my hand. Looking for something with that nice turn out of the box but always fades back.
DD3 isn't going to turn without 450+ feet of average power. I can probably throw mine 425 on my best day and it's not turning on a flat rip. It will hold hyzer too, no flip up.

The echo line has turn right out of the box. They were a very limited run. I would look elsewhere.

The Falcon is pretty nice, easy to control, turns out of the box, and it's fast and long.
Old 03-25-2020, 08:00 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 4.7
Niced 175 Times in 122 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyliaN View Post
If you can hand pick destroyers or DD3s, look for the ones with the flat wings.

Niced: (2)

Old 03-25-2020, 08:08 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 16.6
Niced 832 Times in 360 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumberjack504 View Post
If you can hand pick destroyers or DD3s, look for the ones with the flat wings.
I've got 6 DD3 now and none have these wings, I bought them all online though so I would second the advice here.

But I still wouldn't expect much turn without 425+ feet of power. I'd encourage you to look at a different mold.

I used to bag lighter 160-168 star destroyers with the flat wings for that nice S-curve distance shot

The echo DD3 appears to be closer to that stability.