Birdie Member

Years Playing: 1.9
Courses Played: 7
Throwing Style: RHFH
Niced 293 Times in 177 Posts
Default Merrell Move Glove shoes

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillFleming View Post
Might have been the shoe. I've had mine for a while now with no noticeable wear. My 'home' course is rocky, with mostly concrete tee pads. Bunch of cacti and very little grass. The Merrell Move Glove has been holding up very well, better than any "tennis" shoe I've worn.

The Move Glove sole is Vibram and has ridges, the sole continues up over the toe and up from the heel...so it covers the wear spots pretty well.
Here are three photos of my Merrell Move Glove shoes. I've had them for ~9 months. The courses I play are mostly concrete pads and I throw mainly forehand, so my right toe gets dragged a bit as you can see by the one photo.

I have a friend who wears another version of the Merrell Glove shoe (I think it is the Trail Glove, but might be the Vapor Glove version) and he likes his.

Merrell_Move_Glove1.jpg

MMG_Sole1.jpg

MMG_Toes1.jpg
Sponsored Links
Old 05-15-2020, 08:35 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 15.3
Courses Played: 91
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 1,587 Times in 793 Posts

The best bang for the buck I've found was the Adidas Tracerocker. Used to be called the Kanadia. A nice, durable goretex and outsole, with less of a heel to toe drop than the ax2 (which is great for me)

I bought 2 pair for like $120 last year, great value on clearance but maybe not so much at full price

Niced: (1)
Old 05-17-2020, 02:52 PM

Niced 7 Times in 5 Posts

I’m loving 40s. Played 2 rounds so far, wore around yesterday to get body use to them. I feel sore in more of my calf’s and legs more than regular shoes.
Stepped in a puddle this morning and they dried quickly.
Old 05-17-2020, 10:06 PM
* Ace Member *

Courses Played: 637
Niced 2,767 Times in 1,552 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Split View Post
I’m loving 40s. Played 2 rounds so far, wore around yesterday to get body use to them. I feel sore in more of my calf’s and legs more than regular shoes.
Stepped in a puddle this morning and they dried quickly.
how they grip wet teepads
Old 05-18-2020, 01:36 PM

Niced 7 Times in 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by elmexdela View Post
how they grip wet teepads
Tee pads weren’t wet at the time.
Today my hips are sore. Idk if it’s just from shoes or from working on my drive and trying to engage hips.
Going to take it slow on the shoes got a pair of UA bandit trails from cheap to cycle.

Old 05-18-2020, 06:18 PM
Shun the frumious Bandersnatch!

Years Playing: 17.4
Courses Played: 25
Niced 1,213 Times in 1,000 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Split View Post
Tee pads weren’t wet at the time.
Today my hips are sore. Idk if it’s just from shoes or from working on my drive and trying to engage hips.
Going to take it slow on the shoes got a pair of UA bandit trails from cheap to cycle.
Usually when transitioning to minimal or little to no heel to toe drop shoes the feet are what are usually most sore if it is not the Shins calves used to higher heel to toe drop.
Old 05-20-2020, 05:38 PM
* Ace Member *

Courses Played: 637
Niced 2,767 Times in 1,552 Posts

update i already tore the side of the 40s from playing 3 rounds and the heel is showing lots of wear from pivot

these shoes are not built to sustain abuse from dg

these shoes are fine for walking/hiking but not dg
Old 05-25-2020, 12:56 AM

Courses Played: 1
Niced 2 Times in 2 Posts

I got a pair of adidas terrex from Costco.com for $30. I like them so much I ordered two more pairs. I have slightly narrow feet, and they are incredibly comfortable with no break in, great soles for dg.
Old 05-25-2020, 03:54 AM

Quote:
update i already tore the side of the 40s from playing 3 rounds and the heel is showing lots of wear from pivot

90% of the minimal shoes are not made to last if hard on shoes in genral. There is one brand that makes a trail/rod running shoe and a few sandal models built for at least 2000 miles of running. My recommendation is get this one brands shoes that they make both road and trail running shoe, sandals, and a hiking/winter running model or two Xero. The Xero company makes the shoes to last 2000 running miles for just the road models to some people reporting 4000+ running miles for the Trail/road hybrid running on trails with some using a single pair of the hybrid road/trail to fast run the Appalachian Trail, stay away from the lugged trail model, those only have Luggs for grip rest is missing grip so the lugs that are wide space between the lugs make the shoe feel odd underfoot. The most minimal sandal with sole/rubber as thin as Glossy/Matt photo paper made for those who used to run or live barefoot but want just enough protection from very sharp rocks and/or glass/metal and have a smooth sole. The company also makes a shoe for hiking/winter running yeah I have seen post on Amazon of people in deep snow running in the hiking shoe that has a bottom like the trail running model with lugs. Non of the shoes have a mid-sole but some have more rubber between the road.

Last edited by Casey 1988; 05-25-2020 at 03:59 AM.

Old 05-25-2020, 04:03 AM

Quote:

To sum up my first post above, Xero Shoes are very durable, with some models getting 4000+ durability and lowest I have seen is 1900-2000 miles for runners. Also minimal just do not go casual model for disc golf, upper will not last.