Old 05-21-2020, 12:46 PM

Niced 6 Times in 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ray1970 View Post
While it wasn’t an actual golf shot, the Valkyrie held the world record for distance for a long time.

I played with a guy that could bomb his. I’ve seen him get into long putt range on some holes that are roughly 500’.

It might not be working for you right now but might be worth setting it aside and maybe giving it another shot later down the road.
After talking and researching some I think I've realized what has happened. I got comfortable throwing a Valk when I was first learning and liked it, but I took a break for a few months. I started playing disc golf again, played a lot, and got way more comfortable throwing. In the process, I think I was able to increase my arm speed and didn't realized that this would contribute to me more easily turning and burning my understable discs.

...but my form is okay but not consistent enough yet to throw more stable, higher speed discs on a regular basis. So I need to slow it down and get back to the basics. Smooth is far.

I think I'm going to go back to it but also give a C-Line TD a shot as well. I had better success with a Valk I had in the past that was a heavier weight. I got rid of it early on, but I'm not sure why.
Sponsored Links