Old 11-11-2020, 06:54 PM
Birdie Member

Niced 176 Times in 103 Posts
Default D2

I haven’t thrown a D2, but have a couple in 400 en route. How do you like them? I’ve thrown Destroyer, Trespass, Captain, Relativity, Thrasher, Pharaoh, Defender, Ballista... Is the D2 just another high speed driver?

I looked back 25 pages and couldn’t find a D2 thread. If someone has it, I’ll go read that.
Sponsored Links
Old 11-11-2020, 07:32 PM
Double Eagle Member

Niced 930 Times in 454 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by seedlings View Post
I haven’t thrown a D2, but have a couple in 400 en route. How do you like them? I’ve thrown Destroyer, Trespass, Captain, Relativity, Thrasher, Pharaoh, Defender, Ballista... Is the D2 just another high speed driver?

I looked back 25 pages and couldn’t find a D2 thread. If someone has it, I’ll go read that.
I'll prerube a selection of threads here for you to peruse.

https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forum...d.php?t=102880
https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forum...ad.php?t=86680
https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forum...ad.php?t=86059
https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forum...ad.php?t=85938

Niced: (2)
Old 11-11-2020, 08:20 PM
Birdie Member

Thank you! I couldn’t search ‘D2’ because it’s only two characters.
Old 11-11-2020, 08:34 PM
Double Eagle Member

Niced 930 Times in 454 Posts

Generally, when I want to search the Discs Forum for a disc made by a particular brand, I will go to the Discs forum, go to the bottom of the page where it says Display Options, and change the prefix to the brand I want. In your case, the prefix would be Prodigy. When you do this and click Show Threads it will show only the threads with a heading of Prodigy, which reduces the amount of threads to scan through significantly.

Niced: (1)
Old 11-11-2020, 08:46 PM
* Ace Member *

Niced 977 Times in 755 Posts
Default D2

D2 is a pretty basic speed 13 driver. It reminds me a lot of a Boss or Nuke. Wide rim, fairly neutral stability. Most D2s I've seen are something like 13, 5, -1, 3.

The Trespass, Captain, Relativity, Ballista, and Thrasher are all flippier than the D2. The Defender is more overstable.

The D2 isn't shockingly long, but it's definitely in the mix in regards to other drivers of similar speed and stability.

Niced: (1)
Old 11-11-2020, 08:57 PM
Birdie Member

Looking at these old threads, sounds like the D2 started out with very mixed reviews, then I suspect this forum maybe soured on them. Or they’re just not popular discs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twmccoy View Post
D2 is a pretty basic speed 13 driver. It reminds me a lot of a Boss or Nuke. Wide rim, fairly neutral stability. Most D2s I've seen are something like 13, 5, -1, 3.

The Trespass, Captain, Relativity, Ballista, and Thrasher are all flippier than the D2. The Defender is more overstable.

The D2 isn't shockingly long, but it's definitely in the mix in regards to other drivers of similar speed and stability.
I appreciate your comments. I have lost 2 Trespass RHBH into gusty crosswinds right to left (a personal nemesis of mine). I really like that disc. I hoped the D2 might have a hair less turn in general. The Pharaoh has taken the (Trespass) slot of flip just past flat and glide straight, and just enough fade. The Defender is plenty over stable yet usable. If the D2 sits between these, I’ll be happy.
Old 11-11-2020, 09:03 PM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Looking at these old threads, sounds like the D2 started out with very mixed reviews, then I suspect this forum maybe soured on them. Or they’re just not popular discs.

I appreciate your comments. I have lost 2 Trespass RHBH into gusty crosswinds right to left (a personal nemesis of mine). I really like that disc. I hoped the D2 might have a hair less turn in general. The Pharaoh has taken the (Trespass) slot of flip just past flat and glide straight, and just enough fade. The Defender is plenty over stable yet usable. If the D2 sits between these, I’ll be happy.
I'm a little hit and miss on the D2. It isn't even just the D2, but Prodigy in general. I like the quality of their plastic, but the discs simply aren't consistent. D1s are probably even worse. I've seen some of those that were MASSIVELY overstable, and others that were downright flippy. I've also run into a couple unexpectedly beefy D3s. Those are supposed to be pretty flippy.

I've thrown maybe 6 D2s. A couple of them were perfect (13, 5, -1, 3), but the rest seemed too understable. If you find a good D2 (true to the numbers) you'll probably like it a lot.

Prodigy discs are a crapshoot. You never know what you're getting until you throw them. Inconsistent stabilities.
Old 11-11-2020, 09:53 PM
Birdie Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twmccoy View Post
I'm a little hit and miss on the D2. It isn't even just the D2, but Prodigy in general. I like the quality of their plastic, but the discs simply aren't consistent. D1s are probably even worse. I've seen some of those that were MASSIVELY overstable, and others that were downright flippy. I've also run into a couple unexpectedly beefy D3s. Those are supposed to be pretty flippy.

I've thrown maybe 6 D2s. A couple of them were perfect (13, 5, -1, 3), but the rest seemed too understable. If you find a good D2 (true to the numbers) you'll probably like it a lot.

Prodigy discs are a crapshoot. You never know what you're getting until you throw them. Inconsistent stabilities.
I’m only started DG this year, but I’ve read the same inconsistencies in other brands as well. Would you say Prodigy has more problems than... say... Innova?
Old 11-11-2020, 11:45 PM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
I’m only started DG this year, but I’ve read the same inconsistencies in other brands as well. Would you say Prodigy has more problems than... say... Innova?
I'd say yes. Prodigy seems more inconsistent to me than Innova. MOST Innova molds are fairly consistent.

Generally, the wider the rim on a driver, the more inconsistency you'll find from disc to disc.

I trust Innova's products more than Prodigy's.

Old 11-12-2020, 09:05 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 25.5
Courses Played: 94
Niced 2,964 Times in 1,170 Posts

Every company is inconsistent on the wide rimmed stuff. Having thrown almost all Innova for about 20 years and now all Prodigy for about 4 I would say the variation is similar. The katana is the single most inconsistent disc I have ever thrown.