Old 01-12-2019, 05:49 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 8
Courses Played: 27
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 78 Times in 37 Posts

Curious to see one of these next to the new Ricky Destroyers. They seem to have some significant variance from other runs.

Wonder if Innova had a fresh mold machined for the Destroyer and DM convinced them to use it for the DD3 as well...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Old 01-12-2019, 10:32 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 20.5
Courses Played: 131
Niced 121 Times in 51 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasissouth View Post
Relevant -all credit goes to u/doth_savek on reddit

Last one is Vs Scorpius

It kind of looks like a destroyer
Wow -- just when you think you've seen the geekiest post of all time someone beats it a mile.

Wow. (note -- I'm not saying it's not appropriate, I'm only saying it's an amazingly geeky post . . . . and look -- there's the pictures again!!)
Old 01-13-2019, 11:07 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 5.7
Niced 484 Times in 300 Posts

Looking at it again there is a subtle difference on the nose of the destroyer vs the DD3. It's like of the difference between the firebird and FD3, where the destroyer or firebird is more of a circle end and the DD3 or FD3 is more tapered. I think on the FD3 they said it was a firebird top with a "starfire nose configuration".

Niced: (1)
Old 01-24-2019, 06:08 PM
* Ace Member *

Courses Played: 20
Niced 609 Times in 445 Posts

A 'straighter' destroyer or one that has a hint of turn is an important disc to have. I'm using either a beat Outlaw or a MAyhem for this slot right now but if I venture out again I'll for sure check out a DD3 as I generally have liked DM stuff
Old 03-11-2019, 11:05 AM
Birdie Member

Niced 201 Times in 135 Posts

These are pushing 200 bucks on eBay. Sell, sell, sell ...
Old 04-11-2019, 12:49 AM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 7.7
Courses Played: 36
Niced 24 Times in 16 Posts

Has anyone compared these to the Kong yet? Are they similar at all? I have yet to throw a DD3, but I have thrown a Kong. Also, is the mold going to change at all for the production run?
Old 04-11-2019, 10:50 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 8.3
Courses Played: 49
Niced 939 Times in 634 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomasOrion View Post
A 'straighter' destroyer or one that has a hint of turn is an important disc to have. I'm using either a beat Outlaw or a MAyhem for this slot right now but if I venture out again I'll for sure check out a DD3 as I generally have liked DM stuff
Falcon
Old 04-12-2019, 12:44 PM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 30
Niced 94 Times in 60 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by livextreme9 View Post
Has anyone compared these to the Kong yet? Are they similar at all? I have yet to throw a DD3, but I have thrown a Kong. Also, is the mold going to change at all for the production run?
I got a chance to throw my DD3 back to back with a Kong and the Kong that I threw was noticeably less stable than the DD3. Thrown hard and flat the Kong carried about 15-25' farther right (RHBH) than my DD3 and seemed to have 3/4 the fade the DD3 had. I have heard there is quite a difference between flat/domey Kongs and I cannot recall the profile of the one I threw.

As far as we know the DD3 production run should be the same as the cloudbreaker run but that is just based on the fact we have not heard that they will be different.

Niced: (1)
Old 04-19-2019, 02:09 PM

Courses Played: 33
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

I saw the DD3 just got resubmitted and approved by the PDGA. It looks like the rim depth and height were both reduced in the "retest." I'm not sure what this means but I imagine it will feel and fly different than the ones released in the mystery box.

Old 04-19-2019, 05:14 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 20.5
Courses Played: 24
Niced 87 Times in 58 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomasOrion View Post
It sounds odd but the disc you're looking for is a champ glow shryke that has a BIG dome. Those are NOT flippy and carry for a mile. I have a glow champ and a color glow champ and both are identical in flight. (I also have flat ones that are VERY flippy in comparison.) FWIW, I thew these as hard as I could and only had about 20' movement to the right (RHBH) and put it pin high and 35' right of a 530' hole in a tourney last weekend. I'm really liking these for my distance drivers right now...