Old 09-09-2020, 03:55 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 14.6
Courses Played: 142
Niced 344 Times in 165 Posts
Default Dynamic Disc Presents the Lewisville Open

https://www.discgolfscene.com/tourna...cCutcheon_2020

Not sure the pros will be too happy playing LL Woods, but they'll have at least some challenge from the 12-14 woods holes between the other two courses.

Brodie is registered, as well as Coda.
Sponsored Links

Niced: (1)
Old 09-09-2020, 04:12 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 0.7
Courses Played: 2
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 428 Times in 211 Posts

I’ve never played a tournament although I would like to. Obviously rec or amateur over 50 (all of the above).

This is pretty easy drive for me. Would it be a good event to enter?

Is there an appropriate class for me? For reference I play z-boaz and feel that I am capable of hitting par on each hole (not that I’ve played a par round). I do okay in the woods. Open Drives are 250-300’ with decent accuracy.

What to expect when (if) I enter?
Old 09-09-2020, 04:23 PM
Double Eagle Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by txmxer View Post
I’ve never played a tournament although I would like to. Obviously rec or amateur over 50 (all of the above).

Is there an appropriate class for me? For reference I play z-boaz and feel that I am capable of hitting par on each hole (not that I’ve played a par round). I do okay in the woods. Open Drives are 250-300’ with decent accuracy.

Have you ever played three rounds over two days before?
I'm 48 and shot well at Z Boaz the time I played there. I was +7 at Lewisville this past Sunday with 'the guys' and missed 3 putts inside 20 or so, but I'd probably shoot around +10 at Heritage.
For reference, my highest rating was like 910 and I haven't played or run a tourny in 8 years or so.

IMHO, play with the old guys, it's a lot more fun.
Old 09-09-2020, 04:29 PM
Double Eagle Member

Quote:

You might want to warm up to tourny play by getting in on the flex-start C-Tier they are having on Friday -

Dynamic Discs Flex Start Friday @ Old Man (Optional)

Singles PDGA C tier from 9:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. This is a flex start event, meaning you may tee off anytime between 9:00 a.m. and 6:00 p.m. as long as you have no less than three and no more than four players in a group to tee off with. The layout and cost for this is as follows:

$20 for all divisions
$10 Non PDGA fee
$5 optional ace pot

All cards start on hole 1. The ace pot rolls over to the next Singles event if no aces are hit. 18 holes. The ace pot is playing for $1000.00
Old 09-09-2020, 04:44 PM
* Ace No More *

Years Playing: 16.5
Courses Played: 332
Niced 4,736 Times in 2,071 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOtherBill View Post
Bill's right about that.

Old 09-09-2020, 05:01 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 9.7
Courses Played: 19
Niced 1,662 Times in 921 Posts

Quote:

The am/pro 50 divisions are filled, but there is a waiting list if you want to enter. This a very competitive tournament, all the good old dudes in the area play it. In the am50 division you'll always have a few 940+ rated players looking to win more plastic against players rated much less. Zboaz is a tough course, if you can par every hole (especially in the longs) you're more than capable. A 275ft drive with accuracy and a good short game will keep you competitive in pretty much any am division except advanced. Definitely check out the 1 round flex out there on Friday, it will be a great way to introduce yourself to tournament play and the slow...pace of it. Good luck!

Old 09-09-2020, 06:04 PM
Eagle Member

Thanks for info and input.

I would be a little concerned about playing 3 rounds in 2 days. My arm can handle it, but I’m in terrible shape and get pretty whooped playing a full round.

I was wondering about that Friday event. Sounds about right for me. I have a very competitive side—so, I crave that to some extent. Not to play over my head but to compete with similar level players.

So, if I sign up for Friday and show up mid day, I just wait for a group to play with essentially? I don’t need to show up with a 3/4 person group?
Old 09-09-2020, 06:06 PM
Eagle Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscFifty View Post
The am/pro 50 divisions are filled, but there is a waiting list if you want to enter. This a very competitive tournament, all the good old dudes in the area play it. In the am50 division you'll always have a few 940+ rated players looking to win more plastic against players rated much less. Zboaz is a tough course, if you can par every hole (especially in the longs) you're more than capable. A 275ft drive with accuracy and a good short game will keep you competitive in pretty much any am division except advanced. Definitely check out the 1 round flex out there on Friday, it will be a great way to introduce yourself to tournament play and the slow...pace of it. Good luck!
I saw your post in the other thread—that’s what got me looking in to this.

Old 09-09-2020, 06:12 PM
Eagle Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOtherBill View Post
Have you ever played three rounds over two days before?
I'm 48 and shot well at Z Boaz the time I played there. I was +7 at Lewisville this past Sunday with 'the guys' and missed 3 putts inside 20 or so, but I'd probably shoot around +10 at Heritage.
For reference, my highest rating was like 910 and I haven't played or run a tourny in 8 years or so.

Definitely looking for the right fit. There was a tourney at Weatherford a few weeks ago. I happened to be out early Saturday playing solo and found out that day, so I couldn’t stick around to play the event.

thanks for the input!