#1  
Old 09-09-2020, 03:55 PM
TheOtherBill's Avatar
TheOtherBill TheOtherBill is offline
Double Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Years Playing: 14.6
Courses Played: 142
Posts: 1,242
Niced 344 Times in 165 Posts
Default Dynamic Disc Presents the Lewisville Open

https://www.discgolfscene.com/tourna...cCutcheon_2020

Not sure the pros will be too happy playing LL Woods, but they'll have at least some challenge from the 12-14 woods holes between the other two courses.

Brodie is registered, as well as Coda.
Sponsored Links

Niced: (1)
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 09-09-2020, 04:12 PM
txmxer txmxer is offline
Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2020
Location: Texas
Years Playing: 0.7
Courses Played: 2
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 526
Niced 428 Times in 211 Posts
Default

I’ve never played a tournament although I would like to. Obviously rec or amateur over 50 (all of the above).

This is pretty easy drive for me. Would it be a good event to enter?

Is there an appropriate class for me? For reference I play z-boaz and feel that I am capable of hitting par on each hole (not that I’ve played a par round). I do okay in the woods. Open Drives are 250-300’ with decent accuracy.

What to expect when (if) I enter?
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 09-09-2020, 04:23 PM
TheOtherBill's Avatar
TheOtherBill TheOtherBill is offline
Double Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Years Playing: 14.6
Courses Played: 142
Posts: 1,242
Niced 344 Times in 165 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by txmxer View Post
I’ve never played a tournament although I would like to. Obviously rec or amateur over 50 (all of the above).

This is pretty easy drive for me. Would it be a good event to enter?

Is there an appropriate class for me? For reference I play z-boaz and feel that I am capable of hitting par on each hole (not that I’ve played a par round). I do okay in the woods. Open Drives are 250-300’ with decent accuracy.

What to expect when (if) I enter?
Have you ever played three rounds over two days before?
I'm 48 and shot well at Z Boaz the time I played there. I was +7 at Lewisville this past Sunday with 'the guys' and missed 3 putts inside 20 or so, but I'd probably shoot around +10 at Heritage.
For reference, my highest rating was like 910 and I haven't played or run a tourny in 8 years or so.

IMHO, play with the old guys, it's a lot more fun.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 09-09-2020, 04:29 PM
TheOtherBill's Avatar
TheOtherBill TheOtherBill is offline
Double Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Years Playing: 14.6
Courses Played: 142
Posts: 1,242
Niced 344 Times in 165 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by txmxer View Post
I’ve never played a tournament although I would like to. Obviously rec or amateur over 50 (all of the above).

This is pretty easy drive for me. Would it be a good event to enter?
You might want to warm up to tourny play by getting in on the flex-start C-Tier they are having on Friday -


Dynamic Discs Flex Start Friday @ Old Man (Optional)

Singles PDGA C tier from 9:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. This is a flex start event, meaning you may tee off anytime between 9:00 a.m. and 6:00 p.m. as long as you have no less than three and no more than four players in a group to tee off with. The layout and cost for this is as follows:

$20 for all divisions
$10 Non PDGA fee
$5 optional ace pot

All cards start on hole 1. The ace pot rolls over to the next Singles event if no aces are hit. 18 holes. The ace pot is playing for $1000.00
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 09-09-2020, 04:44 PM
BogeyNoMore's Avatar
BogeyNoMore BogeyNoMore is offline
* Ace No More *
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Walled Lake, MI
Years Playing: 16.5
Courses Played: 332
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 11,456
Niced 4,736 Times in 2,071 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOtherBill View Post
IMHO, play with the old guys, it's a lot more fun.
Bill's right about that.

Niced: (1)
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 09-09-2020, 05:01 PM
DiscFifty DiscFifty is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Years Playing: 9.7
Courses Played: 19
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 4,349
Niced 1,662 Times in 921 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by txmxer View Post
I’ve never played a tournament although I would like to. Obviously rec or amateur over 50 (all of the above).

This is pretty easy drive for me. Would it be a good event to enter?

Is there an appropriate class for me? For reference I play z-boaz and feel that I am capable of hitting par on each hole (not that I’ve played a par round). I do okay in the woods. Open Drives are 250-300’ with decent accuracy.

What to expect when (if) I enter?
The am/pro 50 divisions are filled, but there is a waiting list if you want to enter. This a very competitive tournament, all the good old dudes in the area play it. In the am50 division you'll always have a few 940+ rated players looking to win more plastic against players rated much less. Zboaz is a tough course, if you can par every hole (especially in the longs) you're more than capable. A 275ft drive with accuracy and a good short game will keep you competitive in pretty much any am division except advanced. Definitely check out the 1 round flex out there on Friday, it will be a great way to introduce yourself to tournament play and the slow...pace of it. Good luck!

Niced: (1)
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 09-09-2020, 06:04 PM
txmxer txmxer is offline
Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2020
Location: Texas
Years Playing: 0.7
Courses Played: 2
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 526
Niced 428 Times in 211 Posts
Default

Thanks for info and input.

I would be a little concerned about playing 3 rounds in 2 days. My arm can handle it, but I’m in terrible shape and get pretty whooped playing a full round.

I was wondering about that Friday event. Sounds about right for me. I have a very competitive side—so, I crave that to some extent. Not to play over my head but to compete with similar level players.

So, if I sign up for Friday and show up mid day, I just wait for a group to play with essentially? I don’t need to show up with a 3/4 person group?
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 09-09-2020, 06:06 PM
txmxer txmxer is offline
Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2020
Location: Texas
Years Playing: 0.7
Courses Played: 2
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 526
Niced 428 Times in 211 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscFifty View Post
The am/pro 50 divisions are filled, but there is a waiting list if you want to enter. This a very competitive tournament, all the good old dudes in the area play it. In the am50 division you'll always have a few 940+ rated players looking to win more plastic against players rated much less. Zboaz is a tough course, if you can par every hole (especially in the longs) you're more than capable. A 275ft drive with accuracy and a good short game will keep you competitive in pretty much any am division except advanced. Definitely check out the 1 round flex out there on Friday, it will be a great way to introduce yourself to tournament play and the slow...pace of it. Good luck!
I saw your post in the other thread—that’s what got me looking in to this.
Reply With Quote
 

  #9  
Old 09-09-2020, 06:12 PM
txmxer txmxer is offline
Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2020
Location: Texas
Years Playing: 0.7
Courses Played: 2
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 526
Niced 428 Times in 211 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOtherBill View Post
Have you ever played three rounds over two days before?
I'm 48 and shot well at Z Boaz the time I played there. I was +7 at Lewisville this past Sunday with 'the guys' and missed 3 putts inside 20 or so, but I'd probably shoot around +10 at Heritage.
For reference, my highest rating was like 910 and I haven't played or run a tourny in 8 years or so.

IMHO, play with the old guys, it's a lot more fun.
Definitely looking for the right fit. There was a tourney at Weatherford a few weeks ago. I happened to be out early Saturday playing solo and found out that day, so I couldn’t stick around to play the event.

thanks for the input!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Dynamic Discs Lewisville Open 9/9-9/10 bradcrow4 Tournaments & Leagues 0 08-22-2017 04:14 PM
West Coast Disc Golf presents the 2012 Long Beach Open JSpohr-WCDG Tournaments & Leagues 0 10-06-2012 06:20 PM
Lewisville Open! DiscNutt123 Tournaments & Leagues 39 09-13-2011 05:46 PM
Lewisville Disc Golf Club Lewisville, TX jasondguy Tournaments & Leagues 0 08-19-2010 07:55 PM
Lewisville Open cc0049 Tournaments & Leagues 15 10-09-2009 08:11 AM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:57 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.