#41  
Old 11-01-2018, 04:37 PM
VictorB's Avatar
VictorB VictorB is online now
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Madison, WI
Years Playing: 14.1
Courses Played: 91
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 3,753
Niced 1,017 Times in 508 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Micah511 View Post
i'm wondering if the DGA Hurricane will get a look for the Destroyer slot.
It should - definitely closer to a destroyer than the punisher is
Sponsored Links
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 11-01-2018, 05:24 PM
ThunderEagle ThunderEagle is offline
Par Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Chesterland, OH
Years Playing: 1.3
Courses Played: 30
Posts: 220
Niced 211 Times in 80 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscFifty View Post
All Innova and or Discmania.
You are committed, I'll give you that.

Niced: (1)
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 11-01-2018, 05:38 PM
Stevo's Avatar
Stevo Stevo is offline
Double Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Years Playing: 16.3
Courses Played: 113
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 1,430
Niced 40 Times in 23 Posts
Default

Jawbreaker McHawks




I'll leave now.

Niced: (2)
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 11-01-2018, 05:48 PM
jjmiller jjmiller is offline
Birdie Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: back in IN
Posts: 499
Niced 306 Times in 174 Posts
Default

A Force has the same rim width as a Destroyer. And weren't the first McBeth stamped Destroyers on the beefy side? Seems like a no-brainer.

Predator really isn't a Firebird. Machete is closer. And McBeth toyed around with what? The Monster? Something with a little more rim width than a Firebird...

Vulture is close to a Thunderbird, although not quite as much stability. Same story with Undertaker vs. Teebird3. Who knows what he'll do for the fairway slots, but I'd assume he'll probably rep more than one of the new Discraft molds(including the Heat in here).

Roc3's aren't that overstable. And the Buzzz is Discraft's best seller. I'd be surprised if he didn't throw the Buzzz family. Maybe a Wasp instead of Buzzz OS, like Doss.

I don't know Discraft's putters besides the Challenger. Wouldn't be surprised if they brought out something new, since this seems to be an area they have fewer new mold introductions in.
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 11-01-2018, 06:11 PM
brettwasbtd brettwasbtd is offline
Newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Years Playing: 3.6
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 38
Niced 18 Times in 10 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjmiller View Post
A Force has the same rim width as a Destroyer. And weren't the first McBeth stamped Destroyers on the beefy side? Seems like a no-brainer.

Predator really isn't a Firebird. Machete is closer. And McBeth toyed around with what? The Monster? Something with a little more rim width than a Firebird...

Vulture is close to a Thunderbird, although not quite as much stability. Same story with Undertaker vs. Teebird3. Who knows what he'll do for the fairway slots, but I'd assume he'll probably rep more than one of the new Discraft molds(including the Heat in here).

Roc3's aren't that overstable. And the Buzzz is Discraft's best seller. I'd be surprised if he didn't throw the Buzzz family. Maybe a Wasp instead of Buzzz OS, like Doss.

I don't know Discraft's putters besides the Challenger. Wouldn't be surprised if they brought out something new, since this seems to be an area they have fewer new mold introductions in.
Pretty sure force is 2.3cm rim width (like xcaliber) and destroyer is 2.2cm. obviously not a huge difference
Reply With Quote
  #46  
Old 11-01-2018, 06:11 PM
FRESH_WAVE FRESH_WAVE is offline
Par Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Twin Cities/St. Cloud, MN
Years Playing: 10.3
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 202
Niced 4 Times in 3 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark_clark View Post
P. McB had a tendency to throw OOP or limited stuff while with Innova. I hope he throws at least one OOP Discraft mold I have in the vault. Selfishly, so it bumps the stale market up for older Discraft stuff and I can finally unload inventory
Uuuuhh not really. Star Destroyers, Champ Firebirds, Champ Teebirds, McPro/DX Rocs are all really easy to get.
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 11-01-2018, 06:32 PM
jjmiller jjmiller is offline
Birdie Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: back in IN
Posts: 499
Niced 306 Times in 174 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by brettwasbtd View Post
Pretty sure force is 2.3cm rim width (like xcaliber) and destroyer is 2.2cm. obviously not a huge difference
Measure them. With calipers. They're the same. So are a PD2, XCal, Shryke, and DD Defender.
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 11-01-2018, 07:14 PM
brettwasbtd brettwasbtd is offline
Newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Years Playing: 3.6
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 38
Niced 18 Times in 10 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjmiller View Post
Measure them. With calipers. They're the same. So are a PD2, XCal, Shryke, and DD Defender.
Just going by what they're registered with from the PDGA, I'm sure there is some variance from run to run
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old 11-01-2018, 07:21 PM
Dr.Smooth Dr.Smooth is offline
Double Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Midwest
Years Playing: 24.4
Courses Played: 4
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 1,782
Niced 202 Times in 141 Posts
Default

another theory, I would bet a lot of internet money on is that they co develop a mold.

probably completely wrong but I don't think discraft has quite nailed the destroyer mold.. yeah the nuke goes farther but not as accurate. and the force is close but..

so if they good tweak the destroyer and make it as fast and controllable but with a better plastic grade than star...look out

Niced: (1)
Reply With Quote
 

  #50  
Old 11-01-2018, 07:25 PM
JeCroisQue JeCroisQue is offline
Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Years Playing: 18.7
Courses Played: 26
Posts: 720
Niced 175 Times in 104 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Smooth View Post
another theory, I would bet a lot of internet money on is that they co develop a mold.

probably completely wrong but I don't think discraft has quite nailed the destroyer mold.. yeah the nuke goes farther but not as accurate. and the force is close but..

so if they good tweak the destroyer and make it as fast and controllable but with a better plastic grade than star...look out
Some Big Z or ESP tweaked Destroyers would be pretty sweet.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
McBeth’s Bag ff1964 Bags / Carts / Straps / Tags 20 11-13-2018 09:24 PM
Paul McBeth What's In The Bag 2017 SD86 Discs 52 05-17-2017 11:40 AM
McBeth with Grip bag at GBO? IndyTyler General Disc Golf Chat 26 05-05-2016 12:30 PM
paul mcbeth grip bag lxiong84 The Marketplace 0 11-04-2013 12:45 PM
MCBeth Grip Bag Prototype Bags / Carts / Straps / Tags 5 05-24-2013 07:58 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:06 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.