Old 04-12-2019, 07:58 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 14.1
Courses Played: 91
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 1,021 Times in 510 Posts

Traditional play by play person is a topic in this episode. Ian Anderson is probably the best one in the business so far. He's able to guide his partner through the play on the hole really well. It's usually at it's best when he's doing commentary with a pro. The con is, that Ian's style is really laid back (which I love, but some don't like for play by play). Of course, I don't think disc golf needs a really dry commentary, as it doesn't do justice to the sport, but I think there's a happy medium that can be achieved by the right person.
Sponsored Links

Niced: (2)

Old 04-12-2019, 07:15 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 10.6
Courses Played: 133
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 1,306 Times in 395 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hal9000 View Post
Jamie, what do you think of the DGPT decision to remove "live" from the YouTube platform? I'm afraid it will reduce views and advertising effectiveness.
I think it's a risk, because having that infrastructure there to push notifications to your subscribers, have older content bubble up on their feeds, etc. It's not an insignificant amount of help in terms of continuing to grow the channel. Also, YouTube is our living room ya know? We've always been there. So, there's definitely a risk.

That said, I heard the move was because they're using a advertising "feed" service (for lack of a better term) for their ad clients and it doesn't play nice with YouTube (aka that odd sound we kept hearing during the WACO broadcasts).

I do kinda feel like that this would/will happen eventually. YouTube doesn't let you skirt their ad services anymore really, so the feeds will have to be more fenced in and protected for the ad partners. Ideally for me, if they can still get edited coverage and/or smashcuts posted to YT afterwards, it's still a good play.

-------

Also I want to take a quick moment to hype The Inside Line's 2nd episode!