Old 05-20-2019, 01:40 PM
Par Member

Courses Played: 36
Niced 112 Times in 76 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkles View Post
wide rail = beato getting pocket more forward = drk_evns angle compressing into hit
Yep.

my shoulder is only ever at 90 degrees at the moment of the hit. Before that, I'm trying to keep it wide. (edit: the 120 degrees you mention is a good approximation).

The way I keep it wide in the power pocket is by using BW's brilliant description of "Inward pull, outward ejection." From reach back to power pocket, all I'm thinking about is pulling the disc into my pec. This makes it SO EASY to get your shoulder angle wide and the disc DEEP in the power pocket. From there, the disc will sort of blast out on its own if you're in balance and your lower body is working right.
Sponsored Links

Last edited by drk_evns; 05-20-2019 at 01:42 PM.
Old 05-20-2019, 03:52 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 13.1
Courses Played: 219
Niced 2,660 Times in 1,661 Posts

Niced: (3)

Last edited by sidewinder22; 05-29-2019 at 09:54 PM.
Old 05-20-2019, 05:16 PM
* Ace Member *

Niced 2,550 Times in 1,625 Posts

It's too bad he didn't want to stay and have a conversation and progression with all these thoughts. He gets to the same ideas as we discuss, and from different descriptions which can be helpful for having things click for different people.

But the "I heard someone say one word about this once so therefore everything has been wrong about everything until now" is too much...

Old 05-20-2019, 05:27 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 14
Courses Played: 5
Niced 717 Times in 502 Posts

Man I'm definitely a Fanboi on that one.. I appreciate everything! that everyone posts! but his quick reappearance really helped me. You read stuff 5+ or more different ways and then something just resonates. Like holy crap I get it.. I have been Beto'ing wrong but successfully for years.. I have got some nuggets off Stokely too..

I don't always do my homework, my attention span is shorter haha. Sidewinder22 is like the encyclopedia and I'm a Cole's notes guy.. Wait is it Cliff notes in the U.S.? I get a lot more of what SW22 was trying to get across now.. I think that's his diagram too from Rhatton1's post.... And I have watched hours worth.

He's always there.... Watching.. And being quoted.. Unknowingly... Without credit... Haha...
HUGE gains this year... just not distance..

Last edited by ThrowaEnvy; 05-20-2019 at 05:30 PM.
Old 05-20-2019, 05:29 PM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThrowaEnvy View Post
Sidewinder22 is like the encyclopedia and I'm a Cole's notes guy.. Wait is it Cliff notes in the U.S.? I get a lot more of what SW22 was trying to get across now.. I think that's his diagram too from Rhatton1's post....
Yeah it just takes something to make it click different for each person. Then you can go back to some older videos you've seen before and pick up on so much more. Then you feel like a dummy for having it be "so obvious" but still not getting it until now haha
Old 05-20-2019, 05:36 PM
Par Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowplastic View Post
Yeah it just takes something to make it click different for each person. Then you can go back to some older videos you've seen before and pick up on so much more. Then you feel like a dummy for having it be "so obvious" but still not getting it until now haha

I live for those days! Love rewatching SW vids and picking up on sections that I couldn’t decipher previously. Now when I realize I’m not really processing something in his videos, a little red flag pops up in my brain and says “hey dummy, you’re not understanding this part, so it’s something you should be focusing on”

BW was great at discovering things on his own and re-interpreting things in a fresh new way. It injected a little excitement and drama into this site and I think a lot of people benefitted from it. Just wish he was more willing to talk with people like SW and HUB instead of talking at them.

Niced: (1)
Old 05-20-2019, 06:04 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 13.1
Courses Played: 219
Niced 2,660 Times in 1,661 Posts

BW teaching method:

My teaching method:

Niced: (1)
Old 05-20-2019, 06:06 PM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by drk_evns View Post
BW was great at discovering things on his own and re-interpreting things in a fresh new way.
Yeah, like I feel what he says with the left side coming through. I focus on getting the left shoulder forward to where the right shoulder was in the backswing, and by then you're in that position where he likes to have that outward arm swing. I don't really feel the forearm punch out like he says, but I definitely feel like I get to that position by focusing on the left shoulder. And he demonstrates the motion nicely.

SW says the same thing, I believe saying that his left shoulder goes to his right instep.

It's all similar, just depends on what your perspective is and what works to make it happen that first time so you can reproduce it in your throws.
Old 05-20-2019, 06:16 PM
Par Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowplastic View Post
Yeah, like I feel what he says with the left side coming through. I focus on getting the left shoulder forward to where the right shoulder was in the backswing, and by then you're in that position where he likes to have that outward arm swing. I don't really feel the forearm punch out like he says, but I definitely feel like I get to that position by focusing on the left shoulder. And he demonstrates the motion nicely.

SW says the same thing, I believe saying that his left shoulder goes to his right instep.

It's all similar, just depends on what your perspective is and what works to make it happen that first time so you can reproduce it in your throws.

Yeah totally. The forearm ejects out on its own for me if I’m focused on getting deep into the pocket. It’s definitely not something I’m thinking about “punching” out. That’s why I love the phrase: “inward pull, outward ejection” which I think BW coined himself.

Old 05-20-2019, 06:40 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 6
Courses Played: 27
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 296 Times in 179 Posts

I don't think I recall reading about the spin putt analogy to get to the "tuck" position during the reach back at 20 seconds in the "Dgl - truth about the arm" BW video. That's an easy way to think about it.