Go Back   Disc Golf Course Review > General Disc Golf Discussions > General Disc Golf Chat

View Poll Results: What do you find most annoying about the new disc golf scene?
Kids, damn kids on my lawn. It never used to be popular and crowded. 26 16.99%
The sun is hotter than it used to be! 17 11.11%
The attitude that Ed's dead long live McBeth.. Don't these kids know where we came from! 0 0%
Trading "hippies" for "hipsters" 14 9.15%
Too many discs! Back in my day it was a putter, mid and driver. 10 6.54%
The reclassification of my current distance driver as a "fairway driver" 4 2.61%
Mowed and manicured courses, back in my day the rough was rough! 3 1.96%
Thumber, tomahawks, OH.. That's not how a disc is supposed to fly dumbass 8 5.23%
Some 14 year old throwing 200' further than me. 52 33.99%
I've got my own complaint.. See below. 19 12.42%
Voters: 153. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-01-2019, 02:47 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 34.2
Courses Played: 30
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 122 Times in 79 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by wims View Post
Research indicate that the biggest trolls on the internet are typically 50+ years. The kids have grown up with internet and know the proper etiquette. Old farts do not
That sort of surprises me, as it's us old farts who started the whole thing and developed netiquette in the first place. I remember that September where the hordes from AOL were unleashed and the 'net quit being a polite place (and September hasn't ended).
Sponsored Links
Old 06-01-2019, 08:03 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 38.2
Courses Played: 26
Throwing Style: RHFH
Niced 179 Times in 86 Posts
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by sisyphus View Post
Played in a 'throw your age' event last year (set up so the younger guys could play like we do: within a ten year age group), where I asked one of the 40-somethings (who I knew had a bad back & a quick wit), "Hey Phil, what's the best nickname for your division? Ours (50's) is "the Prostate division", so he promptly replied, "the Ibuprofen division."

Not to be outdone, I have a friend who is always funny, who was there in his 60's. I told him what we'd decided so far, and asked what nickname he would choose for his group. Without batting an eye, he said, "...depends".
alls i'm sayin' https://www.duluthtrading.com/mens-d...UaAprhEALw_wcB i wear them..nuff said.

Last edited by 2naphish; 06-01-2019 at 08:06 PM. Reason: additional info
Old 06-02-2019, 07:12 AM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 10.5
Courses Played: 509
Niced 132 Times in 64 Posts

My gf will occasionally accompany me to a tournament round as I play in Am 40+. When there are non-age protected divisions on the same course as us, she notices how the younger players constantly gripe about everything. I launch and thank god im in the 40+ environment.

Niced: (1)
Old 06-02-2019, 12:35 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 3.8
Courses Played: 30
Niced 240 Times in 123 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMcAtee View Post
My gf will occasionally accompany me to a tournament round as I play in Am 40+. When there are non-age protected divisions on the same course as us, she notices how the younger players constantly gripe about everything. I launch and thank god im in the 40+ environment.
That’s true in my baseball leagues too. The older you get with the minimum age in a division, the less issues there are. It’s like the 20-25 year olds still think there are scouts waiting to sign them to MLB contracts if the damn ump would just call strikes on pitches a ball off the black
Old 06-02-2019, 10:11 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 40.1
Courses Played: 20
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 171 Times in 91 Posts

Observations about life:

In order to 'create' their own lives, the youth MUST denigrate the aged (at least privately). Thank goodness that in public, some choose to display good taste and form.

Every inventor knows beforehand, his masterpiece will be twisted into a tool for conquering the world and crushing souls by a mad scientist (probably a nazi).
Old 06-05-2019, 03:48 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 6.1
Courses Played: 24
Niced 86 Times in 56 Posts

So... the poll only allowed me to select one option and only allowed me to vote once. If I had been able to I would have selected numbers 2, 4, 5, 9 & 10.

#10 being - Stupid DG polls that don't let you make more than one selection even though they ask for multiple responses.

Niced: (2)
Old 06-05-2019, 05:43 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 23.7
Courses Played: 2
Niced 1,591 Times in 905 Posts

Quote:
Research indicate that the biggest trolls on the internet are typically 50+ years. The kids have grown up with internet and know the proper etiquette. Old farts do not
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAFL View Post
That sort of surprises me, as it's us old farts who started the whole thing and developed netiquette in the first place. I remember that September where the hordes from AOL were unleashed and the 'net quit being a polite place (and September hasn't ended).
It doesn't surprise me at all. Boomers are just a little too sensitive, and we think we have all the answers. If only they ran the country my way! Our generation went from, "ask not what your country can do for you," to "what are you gonna do for me?"
Old 06-05-2019, 05:45 PM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by curmudgeonDwindle View Post
Observations about life:

In order to 'create' their own lives, the youth MUST denigrate the aged (at least privately). Thank goodness that in public, some choose to display good taste and form.

Every inventor knows beforehand, his masterpiece will be twisted into a tool for conquering the world and crushing souls by a mad scientist (probably a nazi).
I've seen plenty of old folk impatience and denigration of youth. Most of the young folks I know don't have the time to spend going after the old.

Indeed, it was a huge youth movement that supported Bernie, and the old went with the fear mongering Trump.
Old 06-05-2019, 05:48 PM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMcAtee View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by etdefender19 View Post
That’s true in my baseball leagues too. The older you get with the minimum age in a division, the less issues there are. It’s like the 20-25 year olds still think there are scouts waiting to sign them to MLB contracts if the damn ump would just call strikes on pitches a ball off the black
I played exactly one tournament with Pro Masters players. Never again. I do think the over 40 ams are better, than the younger ams, but if your gonna measure the young by their testosterone levels you'll never be disappointed.

Old 06-06-2019, 10:31 AM
Birdie Member

Niced 101 Times in 71 Posts

I don't ever think I've ever bickered about anything like this on a disc golf course. Some people suck....any age... go throw plastic and be grateful you get to play.

Niced: (1)