Old 07-17-2019, 03:45 PM
Bogey Member

Years Playing: 0.7
Courses Played: 3
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 51 Times in 32 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC17393 View Post
My first queation is where did you buy this pack from, because to my knowledge, Westside doesn't do misprint packs. Dynamic does (five discs for $50 here) and right in the description, it makes no promises that don't describe the discs you received:

"This pack will include 5 random misprint discs from Dynamic Discs, Latitude 64, and Westside Discs. We will do our best to provide a good mix from each manufacturer, but it will depend on current stock.

Plastics will vary, but will include 1-2 Prime/Retro/Origio/Classic/Zero/BT discs and 3-4 BioFuzion/Recycled/Lucid/Opto/VIP/Fuzion/Gold/Tournament discs.

Weights will vary, depending on current stock.
"

A random mix is not a promise of discs fitting each category (putter, mid, fairway, etc) nor is it necessarily a promise of discs that suit a certain style or skill level. It's five random discs. Don't confuse your own personal expectations with some sort of assurance, implicit or explicit, from the seller.

Misprint packs are a gamble. They make that clear. You got what you paid for.
I realize they make no promises, but to me, it would make sense to include a disc from each speed category / stability at a minimum, and since that is what makes sense, it is what i expected. That is really my biggest beef. And limit the custom stamps to one of each kind in a pack. It isn't a difficult concept and would require only a smidgen of thought on the part of Dynamic to do it this way. Would any of you be disappointed if they actually put their packs together like i envisioned? Would you be more apt to order them or less apt if that was the case?

Yes I am am pretty new to the game.

Except for one other league participant, no one donates anything. I have been providing (more expensive) discs most weeks at my own expense (to try to boost participation), but cannot afford to keep funding in this manner, thus I wanted to try the misprints. I basically put a disc in to the CTP pool instead of my $5 each time leaving me $10-$15 in the hole (donation) each week.

it's really just no biggie, as in everyday life, I see almost no companies, that care or try to the right thing for their customers. But i always let them and others know how they could do better.
Sponsored Links
Old 07-17-2019, 03:47 PM
Bogey Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaROCaM View Post
So you were going to cherry pick a disc out of something that was supposed to be CTP prizes?

That seems more embarrassing than a "cheesy" stamp.
All at my expense, so i have that right at a minimum.
Old 07-17-2019, 03:49 PM
Birdie Member

Niced 139 Times in 79 Posts

I think part of the issue is that the OP has a misunderstanding of exactly what misprint boxes are for, and whom they’re for. They aren’t there for a new player looking to find discs that work for him/her, they should have that figured out already. I think they’re more for people who are looking to grab a stack of discs to bring to the field to practice. That’s what they’re marketed as basically; cheap backups. It’s not a box of carefully selected discs in every speed range that you could make a bag out of. If they put that much effort into sorting through they’re garbage misprints, they’d have to hire more staff.
Old 07-17-2019, 03:54 PM
Birdie Member

Niced 197 Times in 97 Posts

I received a classic blend Judge with a very basic Disc Golf Center Stamp on it and nothing else as a CTP. I was so happy with the disc that I brought 3 more off the club.

Disclosure I have been putting with Judges forever.
Old 07-17-2019, 03:56 PM
Snowflake

Courses Played: 8
Niced 2,066 Times in 1,540 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrBaartman View Post
I think part of the issue is that the OP has a misunderstanding of exactly what misprint boxes are for, and whom they’re for. They aren’t there for a new player looking to find discs that work for him/her, they should have that figured out already. I think they’re more for people who are looking to grab a stack of discs to bring to the field to practice. That’s what they’re marketed as basically; cheap backups. It’s not a box of carefully selected discs in every speed range that you could make a bag out of. If they put that much effort into sorting through they’re garbage misprints, they’d have to hire more staff.
Agree. And for just a bit more, the OP could go to the Innova Proshop, get 10 DX Factory Second discs at $6 apiece, which IIRC brings a discount. Get that up to $75 and shipping is free, and you have giveaway discs. That might be a better option than a total gamble on a mystery box.

Old 07-17-2019, 03:57 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 29.4
Courses Played: 63
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 1,277 Times in 429 Posts

Mystery boxes are just that, mysteries. They're not Well Curated Pleasant Surprise boxes.

Niced: (2)
Old 07-17-2019, 03:58 PM
Birdie Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ballgolfconvert View Post
it's really just no biggie, as in everyday life, I see almost no companies, that care or try to the right thing for their customers. But i always let them and others know how they could do better.
My case in point. Mystery misprint boxes arent there for the reason you think they are. They didnt do you a misservice, although I agree many conpanies don’t give a damn about what their customers want.
I’m sorry you’re the only putting in effort in your league man.
Old 07-17-2019, 04:06 PM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 38
Niced 438 Times in 199 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ballgolfconvert View Post
I realize they make no promises, but to me, it would make sense to include a disc from each speed category / stability at a minimum, and since that is what makes sense, it is what i expected. That is really my biggest beef.
What you don't seem to understand is that you did get a disc from 5 different categories:

1) Versatile putter
2) OS mid
3) Straight mid that has fairway driver distance
4) Long distance driver with some turn
5) OS driver

Again, don't place so much stock in flight numbers. All 5 discs you received cover a variety of situations. You might not realize it now due to inexperience, but you got a great deal in terms of variety. That is why people are questioning your complaint with regard to the variety of discs.

Old 07-17-2019, 04:09 PM
Birdie Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaROCaM View Post
What you don't seem to understand is that you did get a disc from 5 different categories:

1) Versatile putter
2) OS mid
3) Straight mid that has fairway driver distance
4) Long distance driver with some turn
5) OS driver
This! Good mystery box.

Old 07-17-2019, 04:11 PM
Bogey Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrBaartman View Post
My case in point. Mystery misprint boxes arent there for the reason you think they are. They didnt do you a misservice, although I agree many conpanies don’t give a damn about what their customers want.
I’m sorry you’re the only putting in effort in your league man.
The point being that they could do this with zero more effort. But they obviously chose not to, even though they have the stock.

I have learned my lesson and won't be buying any more mystery boxes again.

Niced: (1)
Closed Thread