Old 05-04-2017, 03:33 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 7.1
Courses Played: 48
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 798 Times in 544 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManU View Post

Unless you get one of those grey sparkle lucid defenders.
I bought one of those, but have only thrown it in a field twice. May be the most OS disc I own. What's your take on those?
Sponsored Links
Old 05-04-2017, 04:38 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 11.3
Courses Played: 29
Niced 32 Times in 27 Posts

Haven't thrown one.
All I can say is that DD team members are searching them out.
I play with a DD team member and he has one. I watched him FH it in mild HW. He has clean form. He can smash a FH.
Seriously HSS and LSS.
Based on what I saw I doubt I could throw it.

Niced: (1)
Old 05-04-2017, 08:39 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 7.3
Courses Played: 59
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 252 Times in 164 Posts

Quote:
Haven't thrown one.
All I can say is that DD team members are searching them out.
I play with a DD team member and he has one. I watched him FH it in mild HW. He has clean form. He can smash a FH.
Seriously HSS and LSS.
Based on what I saw I doubt I could throw it.
I'm sure in my hands it would be like the stamp doing battle with PeeWee Herman. 180 foot dumps.
Old 05-05-2017, 10:13 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 22.3
Niced 216 Times in 134 Posts

Quote:
I went from the Defender to the Gladiator. If the wind is that heavy I'm not sure you'll see that much of a difference.

Unless you get one of those grey sparkle lucid defenders.

But if you are going to do that and like the Gladiator overall...the released at GBO Feldberg "First Run" Gold Line (no they don't seem to be on DD's site but maybe email to ask if they have any left) have a notable pop top dome (the pop is loud).

There are also some sparkle Opto Gladiators available but I don't know how they compare.

I threw mine for the first time yesterday. Solid. HSS. LSS. Not a Stiletto mind you.

Didn't go as far and hooked up quicker than my Opto.

Just to disclaim the above...the GL was a 173 and obviously fresh (but I did try to take off the flashing, tried to smash it into the ground a few times...maybe only 5 minutes of "seasoning") vs a 168 Opto that I've been throwing for some time and was my primary driver at GBO

I am throwing at altitude so things are different here than where you are but I had to throw a pretty hard anhyzer to get anything out of the GL and that was into a headwind (mild one).

Held the line with no flip.

I do know the flip of which you speak as my 168 Opto did flip and turn in a very significant headwind on a casual round at GBO. That said, I think I tried to throw it too hard.
thanks mark, im going to look for a GL or moonshine if i can. the opto flies good majority of the time but when its gusty,it gets a little finicky. i had a friend throw his opto defender in the wind and it flew nice and stable,i may pick one up if i cant find a gl or moonshine gladiator to try out.
Old 08-02-2017, 10:21 AM
Par Member

Years Playing: 6.2
Courses Played: 80
Niced 27 Times in 21 Posts

Recently DD released some new Dyemax setups and you can get GL gladiators. Has anyone tried these? Curious if these are going to be first run GL overstable or if they have tweaked it since then.
Old 08-02-2017, 10:27 AM
* Ace Member *

i have yet to find anyone local who has or has thrown a GL so i am curious as well. i love my opto and recently picked up a moonshine that is amazingly beefy. i hope they do some reprocessed ones in the future,i really like the mold and am surprised that its not more popular

Niced: (1)
Old 08-02-2017, 10:39 AM
Par Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by booter View Post
recently picked up a moonshine that is amazingly beefy. i hope they do some reprocessed ones in the future,i really like the mold and am surprised that its not more popular
Oh awesome, I will have to give the moonshine a shot then because I have some that I can get my hands on! Hopefully they do a run of reprocessed that plastic feels great! along with a stock run of GL would be nice. I too am surprised it is not more popular, I love it and only know a few people who have even tried it, let alone those who bag them.
Old 08-02-2017, 10:39 AM
Par Member

Courses Played: 15
Niced 59 Times in 34 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by booter View Post
i have yet to find anyone local who has or has thrown a GL so i am curious as well. i love my opto and recently picked up a moonshine that is amazingly beefy. i hope they do some reprocessed ones in the future,i really like the mold and am surprised that its not more popular
That's how I felt about the Cutlass when it was released, too. Seemed like a great mold but I never heard of anybody throwing it. Then the Gladiator came out with the exact same numbers
Old 08-02-2017, 11:05 AM
* Ace Member *

I've seen a handful of people throw the cutlass but i feel like i'm the only person i ever see throw the gladiator locally. it feels great too,nice depth and the rim isn't overly huge. i might have to go to another mold if they aren't going to give this mold any attention though.

Old 08-02-2017, 11:23 AM
Par Member

Now that I think of it I think McCray was bagging one for GBO so one can only hope having him and Feldy bagging them that it will gain popularity.