Old 08-15-2019, 09:00 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 18
Courses Played: 92
Throwing Style: RHFH
Niced 197 Times in 105 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horsman View Post
They are the perfect dome. They are on the flatter side for rocs but they aren't flat and aren't domey. Just perfect. Compared to the, terribly named, 01 remakes they aren't as flat or as gummy as those things are but have the same amount of stability imo.
I agree on the name. Back in the day I had a triple stamp Usdgc champ that had the eye stamp, the raven looking stamp (forgot what that one’s actually called), and something else. Flat, orange, and beefy. Wish I never sold it, throw it flat and hard and it was straight and had carry, wouldn’t flip, and always had a pretty strong finish. The gummy day glows started out similar but wore in a lot quicker. Still not fast by any means but the fade would start kicking in much later.

I know there’s hate here for the roc3 but I’ve handled a few really really good feeling ones that I picked up to test as a poor mans remake. Flight is pretty spot on, plastic feel isn’t quite as nice but good enough to put the remakes on the shelf.
Sponsored Links
Old 08-15-2019, 09:15 AM
Pandamonium Discs

Years Playing: 13.3
Courses Played: 171
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 659 Times in 305 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dehaas View Post
I agree on the name. Back in the day I had a triple stamp Usdgc champ that had the eye stamp, the raven looking stamp (forgot what that one’s actually called), and something else. Flat, orange, and beefy. Wish I never sold it, throw it flat and hard and it was straight and had carry, wouldn’t flip, and always had a pretty strong finish. The gummy day glows started out similar but wore in a lot quicker. Still not fast by any means but the fade would start kicking in much later.

I know there’s hate here for the roc3 but I’ve handled a few really really good feeling ones that I picked up to test as a poor mans remake. Flight is pretty spot on, plastic feel isn’t quite as nice but good enough to put the remakes on the shelf.
Idk why the hate for the roc3, its just another good roc mold. But the roc you are talking about is the Big eye roc and funny enough I have an xout orange big eye roc that I normally bag and it flies exactly how you say it does. 06 to me was really a great year for rocs.

Niced: (1)
Old 08-15-2019, 11:53 AM
Par Member

Niced 251 Times in 99 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dehaas View Post
What you’re describing there is a Buzzz.

Old 08-15-2019, 01:40 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 11.4
Courses Played: 163
Niced 1,159 Times in 573 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Dub View Post
I have one of these in my bag now. They called them Star/Special blend and they're Rancho Rocs.
Attachment 69147
Please sell me one.
Old 08-15-2019, 05:03 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 39.5
Courses Played: 95
Niced 797 Times in 303 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to Jay Dub

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODRB View Post
Please sell me one.
I would but I only have two left, sorry.
Old 08-15-2019, 05:12 PM
*Super Moderator*

Years Playing: 24.7
Courses Played: 134
Niced 2,184 Times in 828 Posts

Quote:
You were supposed to tease him with a bunch of PM's making progressively more ridiculous demands before you told him that.

Old 08-15-2019, 05:15 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 39.5
Courses Played: 95
Niced 797 Times in 303 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to Jay Dub

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Putt View Post
You were supposed to tease him with a bunch of PM's making progressively more ridiculous demands before you told him that.

And then tell him "go away or I shall taunt you a second time"!

Ni!

Niced: (2)
Old 08-15-2019, 06:30 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 11.4
Courses Played: 163
Niced 1,159 Times in 573 Posts

Quote:
I've got a couple with the stock stamp I could trade -- I have a thing for the Throwback Eagle doubles stamps...
Old 09-01-2019, 05:47 PM
Birdie Member

Niced 226 Times in 131 Posts

So,I switched from comets to M4s for my neutral/understable mid and for a congruent hand feel across my mids and better forehand feel I decided to switch from rocs to a beadless midrange for my stable/OS mids.

However I just acquired a collection that included an old multi purpose pat # kc pro roc and a pat# star ontario roc they both feel amazing. The star ontario roc feels very X comet. Do they still make these? What is everyones experience with them?

Old 09-01-2019, 08:48 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 8.4
Courses Played: 158
Niced 127 Times in 94 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ponder View Post
So,I switched from comets to M4s for my neutral/understable mid and for a congruent hand feel across my mids and better forehand feel I decided to switch from rocs to a beadless midrange for my stable/OS mids.

However I just acquired a collection that included an old multi purpose pat # kc pro roc and a pat# star ontario roc they both feel amazing. The star ontario roc feels very X comet. Do they still make these? What is everyones experience with them?
I have a 4 Multi Purpose KC Pros. They are money for me. Very little fade and sometimes more turn than expected. Honestly, I find mine to be more form sensitive than the Comet I tried earlier this year. Let me know if you don't like it! Haha