#2151  
Old 08-15-2019, 09:00 AM
dehaas dehaas is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Swansea, IL
Years Playing: 18
Courses Played: 92
Throwing Style: RHFH
Posts: 2,042
Niced 197 Times in 105 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horsman View Post
They are the perfect dome. They are on the flatter side for rocs but they aren't flat and aren't domey. Just perfect. Compared to the, terribly named, 01 remakes they aren't as flat or as gummy as those things are but have the same amount of stability imo.
I agree on the name. Back in the day I had a triple stamp Usdgc champ that had the eye stamp, the raven looking stamp (forgot what that one’s actually called), and something else. Flat, orange, and beefy. Wish I never sold it, throw it flat and hard and it was straight and had carry, wouldn’t flip, and always had a pretty strong finish. The gummy day glows started out similar but wore in a lot quicker. Still not fast by any means but the fade would start kicking in much later.

I know there’s hate here for the roc3 but I’ve handled a few really really good feeling ones that I picked up to test as a poor mans remake. Flight is pretty spot on, plastic feel isn’t quite as nice but good enough to put the remakes on the shelf.
Sponsored Links
Reply With Quote
  #2152  
Old 08-15-2019, 09:15 AM
Horsman's Avatar
Horsman Horsman is offline
Pandamonium Discs
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Years Playing: 13.3
Courses Played: 171
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 4,253
Niced 659 Times in 305 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dehaas View Post
I agree on the name. Back in the day I had a triple stamp Usdgc champ that had the eye stamp, the raven looking stamp (forgot what that one’s actually called), and something else. Flat, orange, and beefy. Wish I never sold it, throw it flat and hard and it was straight and had carry, wouldn’t flip, and always had a pretty strong finish. The gummy day glows started out similar but wore in a lot quicker. Still not fast by any means but the fade would start kicking in much later.

I know there’s hate here for the roc3 but I’ve handled a few really really good feeling ones that I picked up to test as a poor mans remake. Flight is pretty spot on, plastic feel isn’t quite as nice but good enough to put the remakes on the shelf.
Idk why the hate for the roc3, its just another good roc mold. But the roc you are talking about is the Big eye roc and funny enough I have an xout orange big eye roc that I normally bag and it flies exactly how you say it does. 06 to me was really a great year for rocs.

Niced: (1)
Reply With Quote
  #2153  
Old 08-15-2019, 11:53 AM
R-Ogre's Avatar
R-Ogre R-Ogre is offline
Par Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Location: Juneau, AK
Posts: 225
Niced 251 Times in 99 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dehaas View Post
I agree on the name. Back in the day I had a triple stamp Usdgc champ that had the eye stamp, the raven looking stamp (forgot what that one’s actually called), and something else. Flat, orange, and beefy. Wish I never sold it, throw it flat and hard and it was straight and had carry, wouldn’t flip, and always had a pretty strong finish. The gummy day glows started out similar but wore in a lot quicker. Still not fast by any means but the fade would start kicking in much later.
What you’re describing there is a Buzzz.

Niced: (1)
Reply With Quote
  #2154  
Old 08-15-2019, 01:40 PM
ODRB's Avatar
ODRB ODRB is online now
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Portland, OR
Years Playing: 11.4
Courses Played: 163
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 4,414
Niced 1,159 Times in 573 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Dub View Post
I have one of these in my bag now. They called them Star/Special blend and they're Rancho Rocs.
Attachment 69147
Please sell me one.
Reply With Quote
  #2155  
Old 08-15-2019, 05:03 PM
Jay Dub's Avatar
Jay Dub Jay Dub is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: SW Ohio
Years Playing: 39.5
Courses Played: 95
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 4,788
Niced 797 Times in 303 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to Jay Dub
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODRB View Post
Please sell me one.
I would but I only have two left, sorry.
Reply With Quote
  #2156  
Old 08-15-2019, 05:12 PM
Three Putt's Avatar
Three Putt Three Putt is offline
*Super Moderator*
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Rolla, MO.
Years Playing: 24.7
Courses Played: 134
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 9,068
Niced 2,184 Times in 828 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Dub View Post
I would but I only have two left, sorry.
You were supposed to tease him with a bunch of PM's making progressively more ridiculous demands before you told him that.


Niced: (1)
Reply With Quote
  #2157  
Old 08-15-2019, 05:15 PM
Jay Dub's Avatar
Jay Dub Jay Dub is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: SW Ohio
Years Playing: 39.5
Courses Played: 95
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 4,788
Niced 797 Times in 303 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to Jay Dub
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Putt View Post
You were supposed to tease him with a bunch of PM's making progressively more ridiculous demands before you told him that.



And then tell him "go away or I shall taunt you a second time"!

Ni!

Niced: (2)
Reply With Quote
  #2158  
Old 08-15-2019, 06:30 PM
ODRB's Avatar
ODRB ODRB is online now
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Portland, OR
Years Playing: 11.4
Courses Played: 163
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 4,414
Niced 1,159 Times in 573 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Dub View Post
I would but I only have two left, sorry.
I've got a couple with the stock stamp I could trade -- I have a thing for the Throwback Eagle doubles stamps...
Reply With Quote
  #2159  
Old 09-01-2019, 05:47 PM
ponder ponder is offline
Birdie Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Posts: 447
Niced 226 Times in 131 Posts
Default

So,I switched from comets to M4s for my neutral/understable mid and for a congruent hand feel across my mids and better forehand feel I decided to switch from rocs to a beadless midrange for my stable/OS mids.

However I just acquired a collection that included an old multi purpose pat # kc pro roc and a pat# star ontario roc they both feel amazing. The star ontario roc feels very X comet. Do they still make these? What is everyones experience with them?
Reply With Quote
 

  #2160  
Old 09-01-2019, 08:48 PM
Bardu's Avatar
Bardu Bardu is offline
Double Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Sioux Falls, SD
Years Playing: 8.4
Courses Played: 158
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 1,177
Niced 127 Times in 94 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ponder View Post
So,I switched from comets to M4s for my neutral/understable mid and for a congruent hand feel across my mids and better forehand feel I decided to switch from rocs to a beadless midrange for my stable/OS mids.

However I just acquired a collection that included an old multi purpose pat # kc pro roc and a pat# star ontario roc they both feel amazing. The star ontario roc feels very X comet. Do they still make these? What is everyones experience with them?
I have a 4 Multi Purpose KC Pros. They are money for me. Very little fade and sometimes more turn than expected. Honestly, I find mine to be more form sensitive than the Comet I tried earlier this year. Let me know if you don't like it! Haha
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
TEAM INNOVA ROC..... Phantom Discs The Marketplace 5 11-12-2013 04:56 PM
Innova super roc ce? BirdmanCR Discs 23 03-27-2013 12:37 PM
Innova super roc Phantom Discs The Marketplace 5 10-01-2012 11:49 PM
Innova roc Andrew26 Discs 2 08-29-2011 04:09 PM
innova roc braxtynh The Marketplace 4 05-23-2009 02:33 AM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:06 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.