Old 03-16-2018, 08:55 PM
FROLF OFF!

Years Playing: 11.3
Courses Played: 134
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 1,096 Times in 737 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrotherDave View Post
I'm trying to figure out if darker just means darker color (pink looks more red/purple) or if darker means more opaque. Or both. Bright and opaque is what I'd prefer.
Ah ok not as good of a fishing move on you now damn... Yeah more opaque less brainwaves. Not deeper color change at all just true to the dye.
Sponsored Links

Niced: (2)
Old 03-17-2018, 03:38 PM

Years Playing: 17.3
Courses Played: 18
Niced 2 Times in 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GripEnemy View Post
^

Those of you without metal sinks in your home, how do you dispose of the excess/runoff dye when you remove the disc? Am I overthinking this and should just use a paper towel or something? I know to reuse the dye and put it back in a container of sort, I just don't want to stain a sink or shower drain with what's running off the disc if I can avoid it.
I always rinse in a 1/3rd full porcelain sink of cold water. No staining has ever occurred. All excess dye is saved in a glass jar. If you are using vynil in the dye process the cold water can make the decal difficult to remove or leave a residue. Use a hair dryer to warm the vynil quick before removal.
Old 03-19-2018, 09:54 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 16.4
Courses Played: 49
Niced 459 Times in 311 Posts

Quote:
The Spike It Garlic dye was incredibly stinky. Even the Spike It unscented Chartreuse dye I got had a faint whiff of garlic.
I have used many, many batches of both Quick Coat and Spike It unscented lure dyes and the only smell I get acetone. Odd that you would have a garlic smell. Were you by chance using some of the same materials which may have absorbed the scent? Bowls, vinyl, plates, even some cutting tools can absorb the strong garlic scent.

Niced: (1)
Old 03-19-2018, 10:12 AM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 2.8
Niced 188 Times in 128 Posts

Quote:
The Spike It Garlic dye was incredibly stinky.
Does that mean that the disc will stink for a long time after dyeing it? Maybe a stupid question, don't know. ... I just want to avoid opening my bag on the course and having to play alone, because everyone around suddenly have better things to do than play disc golf with me ;-) ... or needing to invite them to a Gyros lunch first. :-D
Old 03-19-2018, 10:53 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 14.4
Courses Played: 109
Niced 349 Times in 148 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reniger View Post
I have used many, many batches of both Quick Coat and Spike It unscented lure dyes and the only smell I get acetone. Odd that you would have a garlic smell. Were you by chance using some of the same materials which may have absorbed the scent? Bowls, vinyl, plates, even some cutting tools can absorb the strong garlic scent.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meillo View Post
Does that mean that the disc will stink for a long time after dyeing it? Maybe a stupid question, don't know. ... I just want to avoid opening my bag on the course and having to play alone, because everyone around suddenly have better things to do than play disc golf with me ;-) ... or needing to invite them to a Gyros lunch first. :-D
There is a Garlic scented version, and Unscented version.

The Garlic scented Spike it IS very stinky, and stays around quite a while in the disc. Highly recommend staying away from the Garlic version, even if it's the only kind they have at the local bait shop. Unless you're playing against Vampires.

Niced: (1)
Old 03-19-2018, 12:17 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 2.8
Niced 188 Times in 128 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenga54 View Post
The Garlic scented Spike it IS very stinky, and stays around quite a while in the disc. Highly recommend staying away from the Garlic version, even if it's the only kind they have at the local bait shop.
Thanks a lot.
Old 03-19-2018, 12:35 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 12.6
Courses Played: 106
Niced 323 Times in 149 Posts

I wonder if fish really are that attracted to the garlic scent... or other available scents.
Old 03-19-2018, 01:35 PM
Thread_Killer :::crickets:::

Years Playing: 17.5
Courses Played: 41
Niced 688 Times in 388 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimb View Post
I wonder if fish really are that attracted to the garlic scent... or other available scents.
Let's think about this...how often do fish get to smell garlic in the first place?

That's like wearing Bugatti cologne because hopefully one women has smelled one before?
Old 03-20-2018, 01:26 PM
Verified Jurkface

Years Playing: 12.1
Courses Played: 163
Niced 2,226 Times in 1,043 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reniger View Post
Nah, I could smell it straight from the bottle. It's like I got a batch from where they transitioned from garlic to unscented or something.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meillo View Post
Oh the garlic scented dye reeks. I put the disc outside and then in my trunk to air out. After a few days it's not too bad. If you want your bag/car to smell faintly like you deliver bread sticks for a living it's great.

Niced: (3)

Old 03-20-2018, 01:36 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 16.4
Courses Played: 49
Niced 459 Times in 311 Posts

Quote:
Nah, I could smell it straight from the bottle. It's like I got a batch from where they transitioned from garlic to unscented or something.
OHHH! Super swirly mix? I hear those runs are worth extra for collectors!