Old 11-14-2017, 12:09 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 20.5
Courses Played: 29
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 92 Times in 59 Posts

so,ive been throwing outlaws since they came out and loved the orange light weights for a long time but they beat in so fast i had to mix in some heavies. i found one of the nicest a longest lasting icons that had a significant amount of pinnacle in it,it just seems to stay in the sweet spot no matter how long i have had it. i also had a max weight yellow icon that was in the same sweet spot as the other yellow but it just changed flight one day and developed turn. there definitely is a difference in the plastics between light 160's and heavier 170s, lighter weights break in faster and are softer.

no matter what though,i cant shake the outlaw as it has been my favorite distance driver in a long time.
Sponsored Links

Niced: (1)
Old 11-14-2017, 12:39 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 11.5
Courses Played: 67
Throwing Style: RHFH
Niced 178 Times in 86 Posts

So I got my hands on a pink Icon Outlaw and it is super flat on top, actually it's noticeably concave. Is that common or was this thing smooshed at some point?

I've only thrown it a few times but it acted very OS. (This was at ~6500' of elevation so I'm holding off my final judgment.) However, it had enough glide that it would fly long hyzer type shots, whereas my OS Destroyers tend to dump quickly when they get on much of a hyzer angle at all. I could see that Outlaw finding a spot in my bag for that reason.
Old 11-14-2017, 07:25 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 22.6
Courses Played: 3
Niced 87 Times in 66 Posts

sounds like their trying to push the envelope on getting the weight to the rim and the flight plate is collapsing... in theory a good thing cause that is what the destroyer has that makes it so quick and long.
Old 11-16-2017, 12:44 AM
Birdie Member

Courses Played: 53
Niced 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThrowBot View Post
So I got my hands on a pink Icon Outlaw and it is super flat on top, actually it's noticeably concave. Is that common or was this thing smooshed at some point?

I've only thrown it a few times but it acted very OS. (This was at ~6500' of elevation so I'm holding off my final judgment.) However, it had enough glide that it would fly long hyzer type shots, whereas my OS Destroyers tend to dump quickly when they get on much of a hyzer angle at all. I could see that Outlaw finding a spot in my bag for that reason.
I have some pink grinders that are puddle topped. They have as much turn as any of my other outlaws, but when the fade they start to dump hard. They don't glide out like my other outlaws, so they don't go as far, but dang they are easy to range.
Old 11-16-2017, 08:08 PM
Double Eagle Member

after emailing a number of big online retailers I think I found something..gotta go throw had a 167 and 169 icon with some dome. the color is ouch red my least fav.. but it was slim pickings.
sounded like they really had some tac..once I get over the color I plan to put these to the test.
Old 11-18-2017, 08:07 PM
Double Eagle Member

in the mailbox today when I got home from work. still impressed with how fast shipping is these days. from mn to oh in two days..

gotta go gotta throw had some that had some dome..very true statement..cause they start to get a nice dome than level out. a little disappointed.

the plastic is supper grippy. a bit soft. but will make for a great cooler weather driver.
I'm excited to see what these can do.
Old 11-20-2017, 08:21 PM
Double Eagle Member

not disappointed in flight at all. the grip, the spring that the plastic has coming out of the hand..
wow..maybe I'm delusional but this was what I always wanted the destroyer, destroyer clones, etc. to be.
more testing in progress.
steve rico did not disappoint on this one. I got more legacy stuff in the mail that I ordered today because of this disc and the incredible feeling plastic that it is molded in...
way surprised that this thread is so low key.. diamond in the ruff!

Niced: (2)

Last edited by Dr.Smooth; 11-20-2017 at 08:24 PM.
Old 11-21-2017, 04:40 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 8.5
Courses Played: 29
Niced 45 Times in 41 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Smooth View Post
not disappointed in flight at all. the grip, the spring that the plastic has coming out of the hand..
wow..maybe I'm delusional but this was what I always wanted the destroyer, destroyer clones, etc. to be.
more testing in progress.
steve rico did not disappoint on this one. I got more legacy stuff in the mail that I ordered today because of this disc and the incredible feeling plastic that it is molded in...
way surprised that this thread is so low key.. diamond in the ruff!
Glad you like the Outlaw! I agree that it is a great mold - tons of fun to throw. I am partial to the Pinnacle plastic, but I've heard great things about them in Icon as well.
Old 11-22-2017, 10:09 AM
Double Eagle Member

well, after some initial throws some light field work with these. I only got two so it takes a while to get a thorough testing.

yesterday, they made it to the course. some long distance slight turnover with a hint of ending fade type shots. excellent distance. the grip and control that I get from this plastic this time of year is superior to anything.

right now with the one max weight I got in the mail from the place I bought the first two (wanted to get it from same run). i'll have three of these in the bag-169g that will turn nicely form me, a 167 that actually is hair more stable, and a max weight to do either or in variable wind conditions.

after a bunch of testing of destroyers-star, bottom stamped, philo's, pro plastic, and the dd defender's these are exactly what I wanted.

One philo will stay in the bag because it grips well and is similar to the pinnacle outlaws just a bit shorter.

Last edited by Dr.Smooth; 11-22-2017 at 10:13 AM.

Old 11-22-2017, 10:17 AM
Double Eagle Member

that last sentence should read icon outlaw and not pinnacle. still getting legacy plastic types right in my head.