Old 11-06-2017, 10:35 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 0.5
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 98 Times in 40 Posts
Default Trilogy Plastics Website?

Does the following guide https://www.dynamicdiscs.com/disc-go...tics_a/290.htm for the Trilogy Plastics horizontally show which Dynamic Disc Plastics are equivalent to Lat 64 Plastics that are equivalent to Westside Plastics?

ie: is Lucid the same as Opto which is the same as VIP?

The reason I ask is that I had a chance to check out a DD EMAC Truth in Lucid today and absolutely love the feel of this plastic (at least with this disc). But the Opto on my Lat 64 doesn't feel exactly like the Lucid on the DD Truth (the Lucid feels a bit more grippy) which makes me wonder how the info on the website is set up.

So I just wanted to see if the website is supposed to show similar plastics (horizontally) of these three brands. Fuzion=Gold Line=Tournament; Fluid=Frost Line=Elasto; etc.

Thanks for any clarification!

TripleB
Sponsored Links
Old 11-06-2017, 11:03 PM
Salient/Yikun Groupie

Years Playing: 6
Courses Played: 60
Throwing Style: RHFH
Niced 235 Times in 196 Posts

The plastics all come from the same factory(Lat64 in Sweden) so you may just have a different run. The feel of the Lucid/Opto/VIP plastic can vary a bit as well as feel different based on the type of disc that it is.

Niced: (2)
Old 11-06-2017, 11:04 PM
* Ace Member *

Niced 661 Times in 461 Posts

Yes, you are correct, each horizontal grouping is equivalent. It does vary run to run a bit. I have some Lucid and VIP that is transparent and gummy, and some Opto that is opaque and gummy. Infinite discs has pictures of discs so if you really want to see variation, scroll through some different molds to see how different the plastics can look.

At the same time I have Innova champ plastic that is slick and quite firm, and champ plastic that is gummy and closer to Lucid. Champ plastic used to be pearly, then was cloudy, and now is fairly transparent in general.

Niced: (1)
Old 11-06-2017, 11:04 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 5.5
Courses Played: 40
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 40 Times in 32 Posts

Moose got it right. Lat 64 makes their discs, Westside, and Dynamic. Blends are the same across the board.

Niced: (1)
Old 11-06-2017, 11:11 PM
Birdie Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose33 View Post
The plastics all come from the same factory(Lat64 in Sweden) so you may just have a different run. The feel of the Lucid/Opto/VIP plastic can vary a bit as well as feel different based on the type of disc that it is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by slowplastic View Post
Yes, you are correct, each horizontal grouping is equivalent.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkeypaws View Post
Blends are the same across the board.
Thanks to you all!

That is fantastic to hear! I was about ready to switch my whole bag over to DD just to have all my disc in the Lucid. I didn't get a chance to throw it, but in my hand it seems to have the perfect blend of tacky and stiffness. Very happy to know that I have many more options with Lat 64 and Westside having their own equivalents of the Lucid plastic!

Again, I appreciate you clarifying this info for me!

TripleB
Old 11-07-2017, 03:57 PM
* Ace Member *

Courses Played: 8
Niced 562 Times in 451 Posts

The plastics are the same, but just as Star plastic can feel a bit different (my Roc3 feels a bit softer than my TL, for example), the Lucid/Opto feel can vary slightly. My Zero Hard Pures also feel slight different than my Classic Wardens (and Deputys, etc.), but are the same stuff...
Old 11-19-2017, 03:13 PM
Birdie Member

Is this info correct:

Grip: Prime>Fuzion>Lucid
Durability: Lucid>Fuzion>Prime
Stability: Lucid>Fuzion>Prime

Thanks for any clarification!

TripleB
Old 11-19-2017, 04:20 PM
* Ace Member *

Niced 661 Times in 461 Posts

Durability is correct. Grip I would say that Fuzion and Lucid are essentially the same, especially after they have been scuffed up...it depends more on how gummy the specific disc is. Fuzion "seems" grippier but I don't think it actually is if I close my eyes.

Stability is a wash between Lucid and Fuzion. It depends on the specific disc. Lucid's durability is a bit better I think so it should hold it longer, although Trilogy plastics beat in and lose the initial stability way faster than Innova or Discraft. Some molds are apparently crazy beefy in Prime too, but they beat in more over time.

Niced: (3)

Old 11-20-2017, 11:06 PM
* Ace Member *

Courses Played: 8
Niced 562 Times in 451 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowplastic View Post
Durability is correct. Grip I would say that Fuzion and Lucid are essentially the same, especially after they have been scuffed up...it depends more on how gummy the specific disc is. Fuzion "seems" grippier but I don't think it actually is if I close my eyes.

Stability is a wash between Lucid and Fuzion. It depends on the specific disc. Lucid's durability is a bit better I think so it should hold it longer, although Trilogy plastics beat in and lose the initial stability way faster than Innova or Discraft. Some molds are apparently crazy beefy in Prime too, but they beat in more over time.
Agree with this, and I'll add that Lucid v. Fuzion is NOT like Champion being so much more durable and stable than Star. Champion is ultra-durable and Star is durable, while Lucid does season in over time, and Fuzion seasons in rapidly.