Old 07-01-2016, 12:12 AM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 4
Niced 3 Times in 3 Posts

Sirius and Q will be more like a shorter Teebird.
Sponsored Links
Old 07-01-2016, 05:20 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 5.1
Courses Played: 56
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 5 Times in 3 Posts

IMO base (which is similar to Pro plastic) is what makes my Polaris LS a Polaris LS. There is no other disc in my bag that will go further with accuracy on a stand still throw. That said, I have been tempted to try one in Sirius to see if there is a place for it.
Old 07-02-2016, 10:41 AM
Par Member

Years Playing: 4.8
Niced 2 Times in 2 Posts

Took the base Polaris I had out yesterday. I had only thrown it a few times a year or so ago. That disc is just a laser out to 310-320.
Old 11-15-2017, 02:00 AM
Par Member

Years Playing: 1.8
Courses Played: 22
Niced 20 Times in 17 Posts

Slight necro-bump here, but I found a Polaris LS in the drink a couple weeks ago looking for one of my discs. No name or number so I held on to it. Looked old and because it's base plastic, I wrote it off, assuming it would be flip-city.

Well I bagged it today on a whim, and man this thing is a laser beam. I mean, easy 325, maybe up to 340 or so on a frozen rope. I was super impressed.

The run number indicates that it's run 1.23. It is pretty darn flat, flight plate slightly caved in. Not sure if its time in the water did anything to it or if that's how these are supposed to fly, but this is what I wanted my FDs and TLs to be. If this laser beam characteristic is pretty consistent with this mold and this plastic, then I'll be buying some more. Any info or things to look for on this mold is appreciated!

Niced: (1)
Old 11-15-2017, 10:40 AM
Par Member

Years Playing: 7.5
Courses Played: 23
Niced 32 Times in 18 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumberjack504 View Post
...man this thing is a laser beam. I mean, easy 325, maybe up to 340 or so on a frozen rope. I was super impressed...this is what I wanted my FDs and TLs to be.

They're pretty neat, eh? You'd love the Orion LS too. It's the same magic with an extra 50ft

Old 11-15-2017, 06:50 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 1.8
Courses Played: 22
Niced 20 Times in 17 Posts

They are neat indeed. I'll have to look into the OLS.

How are the other PLS in star and champ varieties? I imagine they'd have more stability, which could make for a fantastic fairway cycle (which is the most in-flux part of my bag at the moment).
Old 11-15-2017, 08:34 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 7.5
Courses Played: 23
Niced 32 Times in 18 Posts

Quote:
How are the other PLS in star and champ varieties? I imagine they'd have more stability, which could make for a fantastic fairway cycle (which is the most in-flux part of my bag at the moment).

And that is where you hit a roadblock with the PLS. The flight and characteristics are surprising similar across pro, champ, and star. The mold is more dependent on PLH, so if you'd want to flesh out a cycle it's a tough task.

I pair the PLS cycle with an Eagle cycle.

Old 11-19-2017, 09:48 PM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 4
Niced 3 Times in 3 Posts

Quote:
They are neat indeed. I'll have to look into the OLS.

I have a sparkle champ PLS and it is definitely more Teebird like than the base plastic. Not sure it is a good cycle though as it is definitely shorter than the base.

My base PLS get squirrely around 320-330. Still fine to throw if I don't need them to fade back. There are other discs I like better for the stability/speed you are looking at. Gazelles come to mind, as well as the circle stamp cheetahs.