Old 01-20-2016, 10:11 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 14.6
Courses Played: 13
Niced 65 Times in 51 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjhayes7 View Post
I don't think any XG's are Ontario molds, but you could luck out and get a nice flat one either way.
Looked closer at pic and its a Rancho. I'm new to Rhyno Nation, so it will still be fun to compare to the DX.

Stars don't seem to get much love, I'll have to check dome and plastic feel if I ever see one.
Sponsored Links
Old 01-21-2016, 06:49 PM
Par Member

Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

I have a pfn Ontario dx rhyno - is it worth more than $10? It's up for trade if anyone is interested
Old 01-21-2016, 09:27 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 4.4
Courses Played: 18
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 109 Times in 81 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilmcgee View Post

Stars don't seem to get much love, I'll have to check dome and plastic feel if I ever see one.
I just kind of fell into them. Found a Star Ontario in one of the first few rounds I played (called and was told to keep). I did not use it too much at first be over time I used it more and more for throwing approaches. Eventually I decided I needed backups. I love them now but it could be b/c they are the first version of the Rhyno I ever tried. Part of why I love them is even for being a premium plastic and overstable, they seem to have barely any skip, so the stick where they land (which is funny b/c the Gstar I have has significantly more skip).
Old 01-21-2016, 09:35 PM
Double Eagle Member

Sometimes the ones you find are the best. Found a JLS and loved that thing.

Found out something today about Rhynos. When there is an inch or two of snow on the ground, Rhynos rarely dig in under the snow, making them much easier to spot.
Old 01-24-2016, 07:34 PM
Double Eagle Member

Gummy champ came in and it has a dome. Didn't drive with it today, too many other new discs to throw.
Old 01-25-2016, 11:23 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 3.5
Courses Played: 29
Niced 11 Times in 8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjhayes7 View Post
Of the five I own, the two whites have just the smallest amount of dome and a raised nipple area in the center of the flight plate and are the gummiest of the bunch, two yellows are boards flat and just ever so slightly less gummy but still within the Gstar spectrum, and one blue that is much domier and stiff Star plastic (I bought it online b/c it was Ontario and thought it would be like the others). I also have a Gstar that is a San Marino, only slightly more domey than my whites. I have noticed that that some non Ontario Stars are basically the same gummy feel and flatness as mine, but only certain colors (mostly white).
The two I have are those gummy whites with the funky nipple and boy are they OS. I can feel them pulling away just prior to the snap and have to grip them significantly tighter to keep them in hand as compared to the Ontarion champs to get the right "rip" point. I'll have to work with one for a while to throw it with confidence but despite the heavy fade, it's still a hit and stick Rhyno.
Old 01-25-2016, 11:33 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 7.7
Courses Played: 20
Niced 4 Times in 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilmcgee View Post
Gummy champ came in and it has a dome. Didn't drive with it today, too many other new discs to throw.
I recently ordered one online and it came with a big dome too. I flattened it and it's fine. If you don't like the dome, there's a fix for that, (in most plastics anyway).
Old 01-25-2016, 01:15 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 4.4
Courses Played: 18
Niced 109 Times in 81 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by grotto View Post
I recently ordered one online and it came with a big dome too. I flattened it and it's fine. If you don't like the dome, there's a fix for that, (in most plastics anyway).
Did you throw it before you flattened it? If so, do you notice any stability difference after flattening it? And how do these compare to other Rhynos?
Old 01-25-2016, 02:01 PM
Double Eagle Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by grotto View Post
What plastic was yours and what did you do?

Old 01-25-2016, 06:10 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 7.7
Courses Played: 20
Niced 4 Times in 4 Posts

Champion. Played a full single round with it before I flattened it, if anything it lost a little glide, other than that no change in flight but now feels like the other 5 Rhyno's I have and that's what I was looking for. The Champ is the most stable followed by the G*.

Boil some water, turn the disc upside down on a counter, fill it with boiling water and place something flat on top of it and let it cool. If it doesn't take the dome out, try again with some weight on it. Don't do this trick to any KC type plastics, it wrinkles the flight plate. Dx can wrinkle too. Works well with Champ and Star, never tried it on Pro, so I don't know.