Old 11-12-2017, 05:48 PM
Salient Disc Test Team

Years Playing: 12.8
Courses Played: 206
Throwing Style: LHFH
Niced 458 Times in 258 Posts

I'd try more field practice with the Leopard. If I were really smart I'd add that lightweight Sidewinder into that practice and figure out how to make it not turn and burn.
Sponsored Links

Niced: (3)
Old 11-12-2017, 05:52 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 7.3
Courses Played: 44
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 328 Times in 215 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey 1988 View Post
Triple B, What Plastic Is the Valkyrie? I have both a Champion glow and a Star version in same wight and the Champion versions require less power to throw. Get a Champion version even glow will be less stable then the Star version.
My experience with Valkyries is that they are a bit all over the board in stability. I have thrown both overstable and understable Star and Champion Valks. I don't think I would say as a blanket statement that Champ is less stable than Star honestly. If you can't actually look at them in a store and compare wing heights, then I think it's mostly luck of the draw unless you get DX or go with a much lighter weight.

Niced: (1)
Old 11-12-2017, 05:59 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 14.5
Courses Played: 24
Niced 55 Times in 49 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD86 View Post
Before you buy something in GStar, find a GStar disc in a store and see how it feels to you. I don't like GStar; other people do. If you do like GStar, the TL3 might give you some more distance over the Leopard.

For Trilogy: the Witness, Thief, or Falchion are higher speed discs. The Falchion is a lot like the (normal weight) Sidewinder; I bag the Falchion.

But like the others said, there's no rush; consider future purchases carefully and how they integrate into your evolving game.
With the exception of putters I could not use G Star either. Now if they had a Pro Star plastic that would be cool a mash up of Pro plastic and Star or even R-Pro Star same concept except one plastic is R-Pro. Champion Star would be interesting as well, I liked the Pro Champion plastic they had out for a few years in 2003 to mid 2000's feeling a friends discs in that plastic, just it was always sold out in the stores so I never bought any discs in that plastic.
Old 11-12-2017, 06:07 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 4.4
Courses Played: 22
Niced 301 Times in 182 Posts

Get a Polaris LS in millennium plastic and a DX Cheetah in the 170's. They will surprise you.

Higher speed isn't going to gain you anything, no matter what SD86 tries to feed you.

Niced: (1)
Old 11-12-2017, 06:07 PM
Eagle Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hugheshilton View Post
My experience with Valkyries is that they are a bit all over the board in stability. I have thrown both overstable and understable Star and Champion Valks. I don't think I would say as a blanket statement that Champ is less stable than Star honestly. If you can't actually look at them in a store and compare wing heights, then I think it's mostly luck of the draw unless you get DX or go with a much lighter weight.
Yes but I thought the plastic its self for the Valkyrie was more overstable in Star then Champion. Both Star and Champion Valkyrie discs I have are same weight and dome are the same. The Star Valkyrie I have always had to power more then the 2 different Champion models I have had over the years, both Champion models were low domed like the Star one.

Of course I always get a low domed model of disc in Valkyries and that could make a difference too. I like drivers in a low dome as they initially take less power to throw then a high dome model so, I a smaller player can throw them further as I am not wasting energy initially getting the disc going.

Last edited by Casey 1988; 11-12-2017 at 06:11 PM.
Old 11-12-2017, 06:08 PM
* Ace Member *

Courses Played: 8
Niced 562 Times in 451 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey 1988 View Post
With the exception of putters I could not use G Star either. Now if they had a Pro Star plastic that would be cool a mash up of Pro plastic and Star or even R-Pro Star same concept except one plastic is R-Pro. Champion Star would be interesting as well, I liked the Pro Champion plastic they had out for a few years in 2003 to mid 2000's feeling a friends discs in that plastic, just it was always sold out in the stores so I never bought any discs in that plastic.
I don't know this for sure, but from the feel of some Pro discs I have, I always thought that Star plastic was Pro with some extra additives for durability.

A "Champion Star", if it felt like Gold Line/Fuzion but more durable like Champion, would be awesome to me.
Old 11-12-2017, 06:11 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 10.5
Courses Played: 33
Niced 7 Times in 5 Posts

I'd say try a champion sidewinder in the 165 range, or try a star TL.

Niced: (2)
Old 11-12-2017, 06:41 PM
Eagle Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD86 View Post
I don't know this for sure, but from the feel of some Pro discs I have, I always thought that Star plastic was Pro with some extra additives for durability.

A "Champion Star", if it felt like Gold Line/Fuzion but more durable like Champion, would be awesome to me.
Or if it was like Big Z a combo of ESP and Elite Z togther, ever felt a disc in that plastic, it is nice though I have yet to own a disc in that plastic. I might get a disc in that plastic If I ever get More discs from Discraft.
Old 11-12-2017, 06:42 PM
Birdie Member

Courses Played: 26
Niced 46 Times in 38 Posts

the Falchion from Lat64 is very nice and controllable for new players IMHO, I still use it for hyzerflips and turnovers

Niced: (2)

Old 11-12-2017, 07:08 PM
* Ace Member *

Courses Played: 135
Niced 304 Times in 218 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ian.w View Post
Dude. Stop buying discs and learn the few staple molds that you have. Throw your putters and your roc/buzzz. You'll be happier a year from now.
Straight up.

This is why Im not going to help OP out further, OP learned literally nothing from last thread.

Niced: (4)