Go Back   Disc Golf Course Review > Equipment > Discs

View Poll Results: Disc brands you dislike
Innova 42 13.59%
Discraft 33 10.68%
Discmania 28 9.06%
Dynamic 58 18.77%
Lat 64 45 14.56%
Westside 46 14.89%
Vibram 90 29.13%
Legacy 28 9.06%
MVP 73 23.62%
Prodigy 131 42.39%
Daredevil 28 9.06%
Gateway 48 15.53%
Millennium 19 6.15%
DGA 25 8.09%
Element Disc 23 7.44%
Reptilian Disc Golf 24 7.77%
Lightning 46 14.89%
Prodiscus 24 7.77%
Aerobie 87 28.16%
Axiom 52 16.83%
Kastaplast 20 6.47%
Ozone 18 5.83%
Yikun 56 18.12%
RPM Discs 19 6.15%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 309. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #91  
Old 01-29-2017, 07:46 PM
Mulligan's Avatar
Mulligan Mulligan is offline
Licensed to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations.
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Years Playing: 22.6
Courses Played: 64
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 1,233
Niced 113 Times in 62 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatdirtykid View Post
11 votes for kastaplast and no one has posted why yet.

I understand the Berg (best disc ever) and the Rask having quite mixed reviews with how unique they are, but I challenge anyone to throw either Gryms or either Kaxe and tell me they don't like the brand. The mold minimalists should love the tweener mids that can also take fairway duties.

Is it because they are a tick more expensive? Is it because they are not American? I am genuinely curious as I find they are the only company that really seems to have plastic blends a step better than the rest.
Yeah a little surprised there myself, if only cause they are still relatively unknown.
Granted, I'm a huge fan, the Kaxe, Berg, and Reko are 3 of the best discs I've ever thrown, and I think K1 and K3 are the best plastics available. I have beat the crap out of some K1 Kaxe and they hold up better overall than any other plastic I have.

I will say, the lack of consistency in the US distribution has been a big turn off over time.
Its tough to get things on a regular basis, and shops that do have them have like 6 total discs at times.
Sponsored Links
Reply With Quote
  #92  
Old 01-29-2017, 11:54 PM
domromer's Avatar
domromer domromer is offline
Par Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: The road...full time rv living.
Years Playing: 18
Courses Played: 88
Posts: 243
Niced 6 Times in 4 Posts
Default

Vibram, because I love the feel and grip, but hate the mids and won't create an entire Vibram bag because of the crappy mids and don't want to mix plastic and rubber in the same bag.. Everything feels slippy after cranking a lace... Oh and the price, I don't like the fact that they don't have a dx price equivalent.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #93  
Old 01-30-2017, 11:28 PM
paranoid70's Avatar
paranoid70 paranoid70 is offline
Bogey Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Long Beach
Years Playing: 29.4
Courses Played: 2
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 76
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Reptilian Disc Golf? I've been playing for over 20 years and never heard of them.
Reply With Quote
  #94  
Old 01-31-2017, 07:02 AM
ranger ranger is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 4,557
Niced 370 Times in 230 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by paranoid70 View Post
Reptilian Disc Golf? I've been playing for over 20 years and never heard of them.
They are newer. Great company.
Reply With Quote
  #95  
Old 01-31-2017, 08:02 AM
haier2's Avatar
haier2 haier2 is offline
Par Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Central and Patterson
Years Playing: 12.5
Courses Played: 49
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 203
Niced 18 Times in 11 Posts
Default

My vote was for Prodigy. I remember hearing about their start-up issues (such as players using Prodigy stamped KC Aviars) online, etc, but figured that was just the woes of a new company trying to make a splash on the DG scene.

Then I moved about 15 minutes from their HQ. As a collective, they have the most elitist/hipster-esque attitude I've been around in disc golf. Most local DGers drool over them and want to be sponsored by them, but most everyone I've met that is actually connected to the brand has been a complete tool, with the exception of founder Phil Arthur, he's a nice guy.

Maybe my biggest complaint is that their baskets are awful, with the heavy, bulky chains that aren't friendly to most putting styles. Unfortunately in my area these baskets seem to be the choice for new courses.

Niced: (1)
Reply With Quote
  #96  
Old 01-31-2017, 09:37 AM
ranger ranger is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 4,557
Niced 370 Times in 230 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by haier2 View Post
My vote was for Prodigy. I remember hearing about their start-up issues (such as players using Prodigy stamped KC Aviars) online, etc, but figured that was just the woes of a new company trying to make a splash on the DG scene.

Then I moved about 15 minutes from their HQ. As a collective, they have the most elitist/hipster-esque attitude I've been around in disc golf. Most local DGers drool over them and want to be sponsored by them, but most everyone I've met that is actually connected to the brand has been a complete tool, with the exception of founder Phil Arthur, he's a nice guy.

Maybe my biggest complaint is that their baskets are awful, with the heavy, bulky chains that aren't friendly to most putting styles. Unfortunately in my area these baskets seem to be the choice for new courses.
Do they have the lime green baskets? I kinda agree that there's something off with those.
Reply With Quote
  #97  
Old 01-31-2017, 10:04 AM
haier2's Avatar
haier2 haier2 is offline
Par Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Central and Patterson
Years Playing: 12.5
Courses Played: 49
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 203
Niced 18 Times in 11 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranger View Post
Do they have the lime green baskets? I kinda agree that there's something off with those.

That's the ones. My regular group counts spit outs from these as a .5 stroke penalty when playing a casual round, because they're so prone to that. The lime green is invisible in the spring woods as well
Reply With Quote
  #98  
Old 01-31-2017, 10:19 AM
jcassidy1990's Avatar
jcassidy1990 jcassidy1990 is offline
Reptilian Disc Golf
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: St. Louis, MO
Years Playing: 9.2
Courses Played: 14
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 3,836
Niced 758 Times in 292 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by paranoid70 View Post
Reptilian Disc Golf? I've been playing for over 20 years and never heard of them.
We are forum nerds that built a brand with fellow DGCR nerds in mind

That said, I don't like us either so I'd vote for us too.

Reply With Quote
  #99  
Old 01-31-2017, 12:00 PM
ilmcgee ilmcgee is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Years Playing: 50.8
Courses Played: 17
Posts: 2,079
Niced 171 Times in 111 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcassidy1990 View Post
We are forum nerds that built a brand with fellow DGCR nerds in mind

That said, I don't like us either so I'd vote for us too.
As a manufacturer, do you get to vote?
Reply With Quote
 

  #100  
Old 01-31-2017, 05:26 PM
ranger ranger is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 4,557
Niced 370 Times in 230 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by haier2 View Post
That's the ones. My regular group counts spit outs from these as a .5 stroke penalty when playing a casual round, because they're so prone to that. The lime green is invisible in the spring woods as well
They do look cool but definitely no my fave
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Anybody Played the "Disc Golf Game"? What did you like/dislike about it? mandoplastic General Disc Golf Chat 25 01-08-2017 02:33 PM
Disc Brands You Love! Reniger Discs 27 01-01-2017 10:26 AM
The many brands of Disc golf Riptide572 General Disc Golf Chat 11 06-29-2013 05:46 PM
disc brands smook Discs 37 11-29-2010 02:49 PM
Why Change Disc Brands TalbotTrojan Discs 111 08-20-2009 09:15 AM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:01 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.