Old 04-26-2018, 12:04 AM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 5
Niced 133 Times in 98 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowplastic View Post
The front foot is still opening slightly as it drops. You can see it is closed until the toes touch, then the heel opens up like 0.5" before weight gets down. Got to wait to plant the weight before thinking about any rotation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sidewinder22 View Post
you plant flat footed and slightly open like SP said. Need to plant toes first then crush the can with heel forward.
So just to be clear that I understand what I'm seeing vs what's being said here. Does/should the front knee/hip start to pivot forward as the heel comes down? It seems like I'm seeing that from the top pros. When the rear hip starts to swivel forward before the weight is fully on the front foot, the front leg needs to start to pivot slightly to anticipate the weight/swing. Edit: to be specific forward, not around/rotate.

I started to feel today a delay/stretching of the reach peak reach back make the disc boom out. Hopefully I can continue the feeling, but it felt like what I see out of Eagle/Simon where the peak reach back happens and the lower body moves forward while the pull seems to suspend in anti gravity (don't know how else to describe it).
Sponsored Links
Old 04-26-2018, 12:33 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 12.1
Courses Played: 209
Niced 1,323 Times in 897 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by billyjacko View Post
So just to be clear that I understand what I'm seeing vs what's being said here. Does/should the front knee/hip start to pivot forward as the heel comes down? It seems like I'm seeing that from the top pros. When the rear hip starts to swivel forward before the weight is fully on the front foot, the front leg needs to start to pivot slightly to anticipate the weight/swing. Edit: to be specific forward, not around/rotate.
Sounds like the definition of a spin out.

Old 04-26-2018, 02:31 AM
* Ace Member *

Niced 1,357 Times in 917 Posts

Yeah if you watch this classic clip, you can see McBeth and Schusterick turn closed into the plant. Foot gets more and more closed as the heel is coming down. Feldberg as well gets the front leg more closed at the last instant. Jerm gets a slight pre-opening as he is planting. His form is the most meh/plain out of a lot of the top tier I find, but he can get away with it because of his size I guess.

Old 05-05-2018, 09:08 PM
Eagle Member

Still so much that sucks. Early backswing, head out of rhythm, opening the front hip early, opening shoulders early...

I've finally committed to the hop. It's the most consistent for me off the tee box, and I'm absolutely smashing right now. As long as I get my shoulders turned all the way back, and that rear side weight comes down, the disc explodes out. I can finally feel the weight of. The rear side as I'm pulling the disc into the pocket.

Old 05-06-2018, 09:04 PM
Eagle Member

One more of me walking through the hop.

Old 05-06-2018, 10:57 PM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by billyjacko View Post
One more of me walking through the hop.
This ^ one is way better. Still need to turn back later balanced inside rear leg. Brace more dynamic upright on front leg, finish with front hip stacked right over ankle/knee. Lower arm also looks a bit low swinging.

Niced: (1)
Old 05-11-2018, 10:25 PM
Eagle Member

I'm getting more effortless distance and better angle control right now. I bought a RocX3 (loving this disc btw) and I was throwing it as far as my teebirds used to fly (in the 330' range). I was practicing some standstills to see if I could get the technique I was applying in the x/crow hop to translate, and the standstills were bombing as well. It's a little harder to control release angle throwing full bore from a standstill, though. I'm hugging myself a bit here and maybe that's where the release angle issues are coming from, but I think there's a lot of good things going on in my swing right now.

https://gfycat.com/WiltedShyAmethystgemclam
Old 05-12-2018, 12:34 AM
* Ace Member *

Backswing looking good, but your front side(move part 2) is still spinning out. Looks like your knee about snaps into hyperextension.
Old 05-12-2018, 10:59 AM
Bogey Member

Niced 36 Times in 26 Posts

If you had some actual weight in your hand instead of that towel it would pull you with it and most likely hurt your arm. Go toss some hammers!

Old 05-16-2018, 10:28 PM
Eagle Member

Posted this on reddit and figured I'd throw it in here as well. Huge anny flex shot with a destroyer out on Moraine hole 15. I can see where I'm getting better and where the distance is coming from. I can also see the issues with the hips in and just after the transition, but I have no clue how to correct them. Just going to keep grinding.

https://gfycat.com/gifs/detail/TerribleBlushingCaracal