#301  
Old 07-11-2019, 06:44 AM
Jolt Jolt is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Sweden
Posts: 2,570
Niced 1,508 Times in 862 Posts
Default

Rec Rob says in his Big-Z Luna review that it will not be out until 2020
Sponsored Links
Reply With Quote
  #302  
Old 07-11-2019, 10:03 AM
Titan037's Avatar
Titan037 Titan037 is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Irving, TX
Posts: 3,153
Niced 135 Times in 75 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jolt View Post
Rec Rob says in his Big-Z Luna review that it will not be out until 2020
Yeah someone from discraft said if they do another run it won’t be until next year. We still don’t even know if that’s a stock run or a limited one either
Reply With Quote
  #303  
Old 07-11-2019, 10:12 AM
Jolt Jolt is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Sweden
Posts: 2,570
Niced 1,508 Times in 862 Posts
Default

Odd, the Big-Z Luna must be the Discraft disc that is in highest demand at the moment
Reply With Quote
  #304  
Old 07-11-2019, 10:48 AM
SD86's Avatar
SD86 SD86 is offline
Snowflake
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Atlanta, GA
Courses Played: 8
Posts: 9,164
Niced 2,209 Times in 1,624 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jolt View Post
Rec Rob says in his Big-Z Luna review that it will not be out until 2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by Titan037 View Post
Yeah someone from discraft said if they do another run it won’t be until next year. We still don’t even know if that’s a stock run or a limited one either
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jolt View Post
Odd, the Big-Z Luna must be the Discraft disc that is in highest demand at the moment
I have to wonder if Discraft was caught off-guard by the tremendous popularity of these McBeth discs, especially the Luna; or if they just have bad business acumen. Teasing us with the Z Luna and then not having any for months?

I can understand if they are past their point of capacity in making these discs. I am less understanding if they're not rearranging some schedules to get some Luna's produced and make some money selling them. Just sayin', is all...
Reply With Quote
  #305  
Old 07-11-2019, 10:58 AM
VictorB's Avatar
VictorB VictorB is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Madison, WI
Years Playing: 14.3
Courses Played: 91
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 3,914
Niced 1,149 Times in 577 Posts
Default

Could be due to not rearranging production schedules, could be that there is a shortage/outage of plastic they use in the blend, etc. Wonder if it has anything to do with the recent lack of Wasps on the market or other plastic run shortages

Niced: (1)
Reply With Quote
  #306  
Old 07-11-2019, 03:37 PM
Jolt Jolt is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Sweden
Posts: 2,570
Niced 1,508 Times in 862 Posts
Default

Would be interesting to compare Discraft discgolf sales in 2018 vs 2019.

Do they even have staff and Machines to keep up with the demand?
Reply With Quote
  #307  
Old 07-11-2019, 05:47 PM
bigmatt17073 bigmatt17073 is offline
Par Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Ann Arbor, MI
Years Playing: 21.5
Courses Played: 90
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 104
Niced 101 Times in 52 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jolt View Post
Would be interesting to compare Discraft discgolf sales in 2018 vs 2019.

Do they even have staff and Machines to keep up with the demand?
A help wanted was just posted on Discraft's facebook page.
Reply With Quote
  #308  
Old 07-11-2019, 11:49 PM
riltim riltim is offline
Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Lehigh Valley, PA
Years Playing: 9
Courses Played: 34
Throwing Style: LHBH
Posts: 835
Niced 244 Times in 135 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmatt17073 View Post
A help wanted was just posted on Discraft's facebook page.
If I were young and didn't have a career I'd jump on that job if it paid enough for food/rent/beverages. Even if it's not something you'd be looking to do for the rest of your life it would be a fun experience.

Reply With Quote
  #309  
Old 07-12-2019, 07:45 PM
Titan037's Avatar
Titan037 Titan037 is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Irving, TX
Posts: 3,153
Niced 135 Times in 75 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD86 View Post
I have to wonder if Discraft was caught off-guard by the tremendous popularity of these McBeth discs, especially the Luna; or if they just have bad business acumen. Teasing us with the Z Luna and then not having any for months?

I can understand if they are past their point of capacity in making these discs. I am less understanding if they're not rearranging some schedules to get some Luna's produced and make some money selling them. Just sayin', is all...
I think discraft just takes real pride in the quality of the discs they put out, the don’t want to ramp up their production or take too much on if they can’t maintain their consistency. The first run tour series buzzz, force, zone and undertaker sold extremely well and that was 4 molds all at once that stuck around a while so they are definitely capable of keeping up and they definitely predicted the popularity of the disc. They knew from the get go they were doing a limited run, it was pretty clearly stated up front for the big z Lunas. It was always planned to be limited and was only made at the request of Paul. Not every disc can go into mass production.
Reply With Quote
 

  #310  
Old 07-12-2019, 09:28 PM
SD86's Avatar
SD86 SD86 is offline
Snowflake
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Atlanta, GA
Courses Played: 8
Posts: 9,164
Niced 2,209 Times in 1,624 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titan037 View Post
I think discraft just takes real pride in the quality of the discs they put out, the don’t want to ramp up their production or take too much on if they can’t maintain their consistency.

....

It was always planned to be limited and was only made at the request of Paul. Not every disc can go into mass production.
I'll spot you the first part of that. But that last part... my goodness, they're paying Paul McBeth a lot of money (and that's fine), but they're not going to mass produce the molds with his name on them, the ones that people are clamoring for?!?!?!

They need to re-think that.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Paul McBeth prototypes turbosteve Discs 20 02-06-2019 09:18 AM
SmashBoxxTV Presents Battle at Blue Lake - Paul McBeth, Paul Ulibarri, Steve Rico, Ke Old Bassman Tournaments & Leagues 7 08-11-2014 06:33 PM
Paul McBeth S-P2! DiscNutt123 The Marketplace 0 05-24-2013 10:45 AM
Paul McBeth S P2's Rocaholic74 The Marketplace 1 04-19-2013 10:24 AM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:52 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.