Old 11-29-2020, 10:05 PM
Salient/Yikun Groupie

Years Playing: 9.1
Courses Played: 95
Throwing Style: RHFH
Niced 1,684 Times in 1,051 Posts
Default Infinite discs Slinger/Slinger Delux

I ordered one of these today since it was on special for their Black Friday sale.

I have been using a Nutsac as a travel bag for about 8 years and have decided that this bag with its mix of open useable space and dedicated disc slots might make the ideal travel bag.

Anyone try one? If not I’ll post an opinion when mine comes and I’ve used it a bit. For $19 (delux version) even if it’s not perfect I won’t complain too bad lol.
Sponsored Links
Old 11-30-2020, 07:06 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 3.6
Courses Played: 4
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 627 Times in 266 Posts

I bought the Slinger last Black Friday. It was my first and only bag thus far. Love it.

I carry 10 discs in the main compartment and 2 discs in the putter pocket. I don't use the pouches inside. I use the zipper pouch on the back to carry my keys, wallet, a golden retriever, a bottle of hand sanitizer, and sometimes a small snack. You gotta pack it in there, but these are all things that I don't frequently pull out of my bag. It has held up really well and is super comfortable, too. If I'm walking more than a bit, I pull the strap tight to my chest and it is like the bag isn't even there.

Cons:
- doesn't stand up very well (hopefully the Delux improves that like they claim)
- the zipper setup means discs can fall out (you'll learn to adapt)
- if you use any kind of skinny water bottle (like a standard 16.9 oz bottled water), it will fall out of your bag every single time you bend over to pick up a disk (this sucks, but you can pay a lot more and still have your water bottle fall out).

All in all, it is fantastic. I plan to buy a backpack soon, but I can't really imagine not using the Slinger for my typical round.

Niced: (2)
Old 12-02-2020, 10:41 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 20.6
Courses Played: 102
Niced 1,149 Times in 517 Posts

The Slinger Deluxe I ordered showed up yesterday. I bought it for a friend who is currently using the Grip G-Series shoulder bag.

Overall, it's a nice feeling bag, but the zipper concerns me. The side pockets on the back panel cause the bag to flop over when discs are in them, so I tried it with the discs just in the main compartment. This makes the bag much more stable when setting it on the ground, but the zipper going all the way to the bottom looks like it could be a problem.

I'm not sure it would take the place of my Innova Standard bag as a shoulder bag, but it definitely has potential.
Old 12-02-2020, 11:43 AM
Par Member

Niced 99 Times in 47 Posts

I may need to order the Deluxe version, I had the Slinger for about a year, then the stitching came out on the strap, so I have been using a fishing tackle bag that I converted for disc use. I really liked the Slinger until the stitching came out mid round one day.

Niced: (2)
Old 12-09-2020, 03:08 PM
Salient/Yikun Groupie

My Slinger delux came in today and it is a bit nicer than I thought for the price. Fabric feels and looks nice with a heathered grey look and it’s has some strap and back padding beyond what I thought it would. I fit 14 discs in it with 13 in the main compartment and vertical slots and two in the putter pouch on the front, but 10 seems to be a happy place as far as the stability and easy closure are concerned.

Like Juan said, the zipper give me a slight pause, but does seem pretty good for the cost.

I have not tried to put any discs in the back pocket, I think that will be more of a key/wallet/mini pocket.

Niced: (1)
Old 12-11-2020, 03:35 PM
Par Member

Courses Played: 6
Niced 56 Times in 40 Posts

Looks like quite a bag for the price.
Old 12-11-2020, 03:44 PM
Double Eagle Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose33 View Post

Like Juan said, the zipper give me a slight pause, but does seem pretty good for the cost.
I have to agree that the quality of the zipper seems pretty high. I'm not sure how many 'zips' it can survive, but it's very smooth with large enough teeth to make me feel comfortable using it.

I bought mine as a gift for a friend, but if she doesn't like it I plan to snag it back for myself.
Old 12-11-2020, 03:53 PM
Salient/Yikun Groupie

I’m used it in glow league last night and for 11 discs ,wallet keys, water and a roll of packing tape it was perfect. I couldn’t see the back pockets, so other than the top one, most of the discs just ended up in the bottom and it did well.

Super light and easy to carry, stands up pretty well as long as the ground is sort of level.

I was afraid that discs would fall out if I forgot to rezip it and I forgot all the freaking time and none did. So points there(with a full bag at least).
Old 12-14-2020, 09:13 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 3.6
Courses Played: 4
Niced 627 Times in 266 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose33 View Post
I’m used it in glow league last night and for 11 discs ,wallet keys, water and a roll of packing tape it was perfect. I couldn’t see the back pockets, so other than the top one, most of the discs just ended up in the bottom and it did well.

Super light and easy to carry, stands up pretty well as long as the ground is sort of level.

I was afraid that discs would fall out if I forgot to rezip it and I forgot all the freaking time and none did. So points there(with a full bag at least).
I never zip my bag. I've carried it 1000+ holes and have probably had discs fall out around 10 times. That is usually some result of carelessness on my part or standing the bag up with the open end facing downhill on a steep incline.

With that said, one of those 10 times resulted in me dumping 6 discs in a pond.

Niced: (1)

Old 12-14-2020, 10:33 AM
Double Eagle Member

^ I've been thinking of a tray or some other insert that would fit into the bottom to keep discs from rolling out of the main zipper.

I haven't given the bag yet, so I can't really try out any ideas. If she keeps the G-Series instead of this one, I want to do some experimenting.