Old 10-12-2020, 10:39 AM

Courses Played: 2
Niced 24 Times in 12 Posts

Anybody know the situation surrounding Dustin Keegans boot from the property after his final round? Some closed lip chatter about it on facebook.

Also, that was one of the best sporting events I've seen go down in a long time. Cdick's bad round, the weather, the charge from the other competitors, the heartbreak, it literally had everything.

Fantastic event, and I love the companion shows. Good job
Sponsored Links
Old 10-12-2020, 02:26 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 19.4
Courses Played: 92
Throwing Style: RHFH
Niced 416 Times in 191 Posts

I didn’t even notice he was playing? Every now and then skimmed UDisc Live to look through all the scores but didn’t recall seeing his name...but at the same time wasn’t looking for it.

Tied for 30th...could maybe see if he finished near DFL and had a massive meltdown or something and went on a tirade.

I want to recall various posts here and there throwing some hate his way, but no idea what would’ve brought it on. I can’t say he’s anybody I pay any attention to.
Old 10-12-2020, 03:13 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 14.6
Courses Played: 233
Niced 4,652 Times in 2,814 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norvelljeff View Post
Anybody know the situation surrounding Dustin Keegans boot from the property after his final round? Some closed lip chatter about it on facebook.
He was spectating and got the boot because they were over Covid limits, or that’s the story.
Old 10-12-2020, 03:56 PM
* Ace No More *

Years Playing: 16.8
Courses Played: 341
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 5,113 Times in 2,192 Posts

If it weren't for Bro D, I wouldn't even know Dustin Keegan's name... that's how far he is off my radar.

Niced: (2)
Old 10-12-2020, 09:57 PM
.:Hall of Fame Member:.

Years Playing: 31.9
Courses Played: 712
Niced 2,953 Times in 1,223 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jolt View Post
Even more mindblowing is that even if you take away those 40 OB for Simon he would still only be tied for 8th with Eagle
Remember that many of those OBs were effectively 2 strokes which does not show up in UDisc stats, i.e., the "distance" part of Stroke and Distance. So, you have to delete more than 40 strokes to know what his score would have been without any OB.

Niced: (1)
Old 10-12-2020, 11:11 PM

Courses Played: 2
Niced 24 Times in 12 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidewinder22 View Post
He was spectating and got the boot because they were over Covid limits, or that’s the story.
Eh, not that big of a deal.
Old 10-13-2020, 05:40 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 9.9
Courses Played: 20
Niced 1,932 Times in 1,071 Posts

Bit of a blow up about CDick on facebook in Dixon Jowers On The Box Group:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/260759647708646

The debate being CDick's wife being a media photog but at the same time could she possibly be giving CDick emotional support (just by being there) other players were not allowed to have due to Covid restrictions. I thought this flip flip by Clemons right after McCray's post was a tad funny.

Chris Clemons - "Every player has the same possibility of having a significant other or family member being there if said person has a media pass. You can postulate all you want but this isn’t a serious discussion and it shouldn’t be."

JohnE McCray - "Chris Clemons I would have loved to have Jennifer with me, she calms me and keeps me positive. She is officially going to be Latitude 64 media, covering me from now on."

Chris Clemons - "I’ve had more time to think about it and I think that you guys may be onto something. I haven’t had a chance to see her on the course and if she’s working or not. Hopefully this doesn’t continue to be an issue in the future."
Old 10-13-2020, 06:27 AM
* Ace Member *

Niced 2,137 Times in 1,205 Posts

So you can get a media pass but only follow ONE player. .and you don´t really have to make any media content?

I understand that Jennifer is a big help to JohnE, so smart move to just make her a media pass and just follow JohnE
Old 10-13-2020, 06:53 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 9.8
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 261 Times in 132 Posts

I haven't been paying real close attention, but are they not allowing pros to bring their own caddies is these more restricted times? That seems like a good way to have a spouse with the player and not have to be a "media" person.

Old 10-13-2020, 12:00 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 19.4
Courses Played: 92
Throwing Style: RHFH
Niced 416 Times in 191 Posts

I would imagine the situation is going to vary at each event, since they’ll have different attendance caps due to local restrictions.

But yeah, to keep numbers under the cap caddies weren’t allowed. Same reason most of the actual OB was gone and replaced with hazard, to minimize the number of volunteers on the course and comply with the cap.

Zero idea if his wife typically does any kind of photography normally while he plays, or if it was a workaround. You’d have to expect that “media” counts towards the attendance cap also, so not like every player on the course will be able to bring their own personal photographer...who also happens to be carrying a disc bag and be giving support.

I get the argument...it could be seen as an advantage, especially during that final round when I’m sure everybody was miserable. I’m just not sure how many events something like that will apply to going forward? Didn’t DGPT initially say no caddies when they fired back up, but more recent events had them if the player chose to utilize one?