Old 06-08-2015, 08:48 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 5.1
Courses Played: 53
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 15 Times in 12 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moosula View Post
Evidence sounds like a warship... is that accurate?
Not really. Warship flew like a semi-stable fairway driver for me. The evidence is definitely a midrange, and it has some High speed turn. It will go right a bit.
Sponsored Links
Old 06-08-2015, 08:49 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 6
Courses Played: 18
Niced 548 Times in 316 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaques View Post
I'm curious about Sampo as people seem to compare it to the fairway drivers. It has the same ring thickness as Trespass so how does it compare to that? More OS? Closer to Bio Enforcer?

I do think that the Elasto plastic is probably going to fool a lot of people as it is generally a lot more stable than VIP and TP. Will be interesting to see where this fits in once they have it out in mass production.
Less overstable. Not as mush fade as a lucid Trespass but a little more turn. Somewhere between a Trespass and a champ Tern. I have both, so that is what I can compare it to. Also, it is slower than those two discs. Somewhere around a speed 10 I would guess, which might make it a little easier for me to get up to speed b/c a trespass is plenty overstable for me except in headwinds. It flew similar to my champ Thunderbird. Maybe a little faster and just a hair less stable. Also, maybe around the same turn but more fade than a lucid Escape. I would rate in 10/5/-1/2.5.
Old 06-08-2015, 08:55 PM
Double Eagle Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougCrawford View Post
Not really. Warship flew like a semi-stable fairway driver for me. The evidence is definitely a midrange, and it has some High speed turn. It will go right a bit.
I agree, but not nearly as understable as a bio Claymore from last year. I tried throwing the Evidence on a high anny line and it started right, but fought out of it. I kept expecting it to turn more and it would only just. Liked it, but not what I was expecting.
Old 06-08-2015, 09:24 PM
Double Eagle Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjhayes7 View Post
Less overstable. Not as mush fade as a lucid Trespass but a little more turn. Somewhere between a Trespass and a champ Tern. I have both, so that is what I can compare it to. Also, it is slower than those two discs. Somewhere around a speed 10 I would guess, which might make it a little easier for me to get up to speed b/c a trespass is plenty overstable for me except in headwinds. It flew similar to my champ Thunderbird. Maybe a little faster and just a hair less stable. Also, maybe around the same turn but more fade than a lucid Escape. I would rate in 10/5/-1/2.5.
Trespass and tern are both much more understable than the 3 sampos I threw. Sampos won't go right unless you make them go right.
Old 06-08-2015, 09:26 PM
Double Eagle Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjhayes7 View Post
I agree, but not nearly as understable as a bio Claymore from last year. I tried throwing the Evidence on a high anny line and it started right, but fought out of it. I kept expecting it to turn more and it would only just. Liked it, but not what I was expecting.
I felt like it had more of both- more high speed turn than the claymore, but more low speed fade too.
Old 06-09-2015, 04:13 PM
Double Eagle Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougCrawford View Post
Trespass and tern are both much more understable than the 3 sampos I threw. Sampos won't go right unless you make them go right.
Maybe my trespass is more stable than most. I know I don't have the strongest arm, but for me, it is very stable. I have always heard it has more turn than a Destroyer, even though its numbers would lead one to believe it is the same as, but throwing it and a buddy's Destroyer back to back I get virtually the same results. It only really turns for me in a headwind. And I am not saying the Sampo had turn for me, but it certainly did not fade as much as my Trespass. I threw it a couple of times in the second round of my TC on holes where I would normally have thrown the Trespass, and it consistently ended up a little more right.
Old 06-09-2015, 07:11 PM

Courses Played: 2
Niced 6 Times in 2 Posts

I played in the TC this past weekend and here's my opinion.

Macana: For spin putting (my preferred putting), it was a little too deep for my small hands. It worked, but it wasn't as nice as what I was use to, my Swan 2. The plastic is more just like the Westside BT Medium plastic.

Evidence: My least favorite of the three, but I probably didn't give it a chance. I'll have to take it out and try it again.

Sampo: This is DD's Fluid plastic, and so it's a little too gummy for the CA heat right now. This disc was very familiar, very much like a Thunderbird. It had similar flight and fade characteristics as the Thunderbird, so since I throw Thunderbirds a lot, I threw the Sampo the same way I would a Thunderbird.

Overall, the TC was a great experience. My first time trying one and I enjoyed it.
Old 06-13-2015, 09:40 PM
Verified Jurkface

Years Playing: 12
Courses Played: 163
Niced 2,185 Times in 1,024 Posts

Got my discs from bravethrower today (thanks Pat!) and gave them a whirl at Fox Chase (long, wooded). First impressions:

Macana: Feels like a Focus that eats at Cinnabon too often. Big, round nose and a big bead but not as overstable as your usual BB putters like Wizards, Ions, etc. Not bad, it's a putter. Didn't rip it too much but I did manage to taco it a bit after a 20' impact.

Evidence: Actually really liked this and might bag it for a little while. It's understable but touchy (yet), like a light Fuse, maybe a tick faster. Holds an anny line to the ground off the bat and when thrown with power flat or a little hyzer it flips over and tracks right predictably. Nice float.

Sampo: The plastic is gummy, mine has some dome to it. This flies nice too. Flies like a Saint Pro or slower Trespass. I couldn't turn it over clean(ish) (Throw about 350' +-20', course distance) so it has good HSS (0.5 or so) and a good, dependable fade (2.5-3). Flies a pretty straight-fade line, not a lot of S-curve unless you anny it.

It's a pretty good, complementary trio of discs; I hate I couldn't make the tourney.
Old 06-17-2015, 04:17 PM

Years Playing: 9.2
Courses Played: 12
Niced 1 Time in 1 Post

I played in a TC last weekend and got 2 aces with the Evidence! The second ace was sheer luck though. I anny'ed it too far right, it hit a tree 5 ft away from the basket and went in. The evidence does move quite a bit in a nice S. not sure it will make the bag. The sampo will be a great cold weather driver for me. I didnt like the macana, it felt too deep.

I won 4 discs and a bag for winning my division and got a custom stamped wizard from another sponsor. So i ended up walking away with 8 discs and a bag for $30

Old 06-18-2015, 01:16 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 9.1
Courses Played: 74
Niced 127 Times in 96 Posts

The profile of the evidence kinda looks like a comet and sounds pretty similar