Old 02-02-2009, 07:52 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 20.6
Courses Played: 79
Niced 8 Times in 7 Posts
Send a message via AIM to _.-Dut-._

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaZaun View Post
I haven't realized yet the purpose of the quadshocks.... I just carry my bag....crazy idea I know but it seams to work......
It reduces your weight, by centering it better. Im not nearly as tired after a round with using quads. The backpack (IMO) is even better at doing this. My single strap was a pain walking up hills and what not. With the quads I have both hands free and can write down scores and whatever without worrying about my bag. Going to the backpack I can walk 10 miles if need be, bag weight isnt a issue anymore.

Not saying that you should get them, thats your opinion. But for me its the only option.
Sponsored Links
Old 02-02-2009, 07:55 AM
Double Eagle Member

Niced 8 Times in 7 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by zensuit View Post
I bought myself a Gorilla Boy Squirrel Monkey for my birthday (Best thing about aging, you control your own birthday presents) and it's really an exceptional bag. Balanced, light and easy as heck to use. Their bigger bags are a bit of $$$ but if they are like this smaller bag, worth looking into.

Z
My buddie has a Kongo, great bag and very well built. The bag I am asking about is for my brother-n-law, and I know he was interested in this one because it was a little different from the everyday Revo Backpacks you see, and its the best priced of the backpack styles.

With that being said Gorillaboy is supposed to be coming out with a backpack fairly soon.
Old 02-02-2009, 10:55 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 13
Courses Played: 219
Niced 2,514 Times in 1,566 Posts

Quad shocks make a huge difference! It makes my bag feel like 10lbs instead of 20lbs. Its also much more comfortable on one shoulder than the standard shoulder strap. When you like to play several hours with 20-24 discs, its night and day!
Old 02-02-2009, 11:39 AM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 11.1
Courses Played: 19
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

Fade Tourney Bag with Innova Straps is the way to go. Great bag and great straps for the best price. Only $45 at discgolfcenter.com for the fade tourney bag and I got the straps for only $25 on ebay and I know that they have more for the same price on there. Compared to the Phenix Quads that usually run around $40, well that is the cheapest I have seen them. I love this setup and wouldn't trade it for anything, especially for the price!
Old 02-02-2009, 11:47 AM
Birdie Member

Courses Played: 22
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

gateway makes a similar product. I personally don't like those backpack style bags, if you're going with a backpack style, I'd go with revolution

Old 02-02-2009, 03:17 PM
Double Eagle Member

Niced 8 Times in 7 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by warren1086 View Post
Fade Tourney Bag with Innova Straps is the way to go. Great bag and great straps for the best price. Only $45 at discgolfcenter.com for the fade tourney bag and I got the straps for only $25 on ebay and I know that they have more for the same price on there. Compared to the Phenix Quads that usually run around $40, well that is the cheapest I have seen them. I love this setup and wouldn't trade it for anything, especially for the price!
Ive heard great things from the Fade Tourney Bags, but if your Innova straps last more then a month you are very fortunate. Ive had two pair, first pair I had to return the day I got them as they started tearing the same day. Drove them myself down to Rock Hill and they told me down there that they have had terrible complaints about them and they gave me the "newest" design that was supposed to fix it. New design lasted about 4 rounds, maybe five til they snapped completly in half. All in all I have seen first hand 4 pairs of straps, two are being held together by tape and zip ties, the other two I trashed.

However, if you want a affordable pair of quads, Gateway makes some I think for like 25 dollars, and though they dont have the shock absorbers that the Phenix does, they seem to be very durable.