Old 10-21-2017, 01:17 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 13
Courses Played: 219
Niced 2,500 Times in 1,561 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCHyzer View Post
I have a similar question about this: I've also been experimenting with the wrist being an active part in the throw vs. the passive (i.e. just letting the disc do most of the work and just utilizing the wrist as a fulcrum/leverage point in the throwing motion).

If the wrist is active in the throw, does that help control/eliminate off-axis-torque? And on the flipside, to me, if the wrist is passive, that may contribute to O.A.T.

I've been practicing a lot this work just focusing on wrist action, and that IMO, is what makes more sense to me. Or am I completely off target here?
Typically easier to first learn to keep it loose so it's the last lever to go. Once you get that sequence figured out you can add to it. To help keep the disc flat and push(least OAT/zero OAT doesn't exist) all the way through the extension there should be some rotation of the arm.
Sponsored Links

Last edited by sidewinder22; 10-20-2018 at 11:41 AM.

Old 10-24-2017, 11:16 AM

Niced 1 Time in 1 Post

After a few more days practicing I'm getting a lot of benefit from "hammering the nail", which feels like throwing my hand at the imaginary nail. In particular it helps me to feel what Dave Dunipace calls the "steely stop" at the release point.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk