Old 03-18-2019, 03:15 PM
Double Eagle Member

Niced 888 Times in 513 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve West View Post
He played it from where it was last in-bounds (flying over the land surrounding the basket), and he took a penalty. That's how it is supposed to happen.
Ok, i see that now. .the Jomez video tricked me. . when Simon putts the graphics says "Birdy" but i looked again and that "birdy" logo that came up during Simons putt was on Seppos card

I just saw the "birdy" logo as Simon was putting and wonder "how could that be a birdy?)
Sponsored Links
Old 03-18-2019, 05:27 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 4.2
Courses Played: 43
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 254 Times in 110 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by LateWesternSky View Post
Is it possible that they can't get the post production videos up because no one wants to commentate? If I was a player I wouldn't want to be affiliated with YouTube videos that receive more dislikes than likes.
At this point Im guessing they dont give a crap and well never see the videos. Theyre running this thing like Trump University.

Old 03-18-2019, 08:51 PM
Birdie Member

Courses Played: 20
Niced 216 Times in 100 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baked View Post
At this point Im guessing they dont give a crap and well never see the videos. Theyre running this thing like Trump University.
This is the best coverage you have ever seen. It has millions of views and millions more than the prior regimes coverage, we have the pictures. We have the data. The videos are already out and are the best, everyone thinks so. They are the highest rated sports coverage in history. You love these videos and they are made by the best top rated producers of all time.

Old 03-18-2019, 08:58 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 9
Courses Played: 52
Niced 3,810 Times in 2,016 Posts

^You forgot to put a yuuge and a few verys in there.

Niced: (1)
Old 03-19-2019, 08:53 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 7.1
Courses Played: 129
Niced 518 Times in 223 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by markmcc View Post
This was such a disappointment. I've been avoiding any discussion or coverage of Waco so that I could enjoy the post-production videos without knowing the outcome.

I watched the Jomez coverage of the first two rounds and enjoyed it thoroughly, only to discover when their Final Round Chase Card video dropped that they didn't have lead card. So I decided to jump over to the DGPT channel to watch the final round. After forwarding through the filler at the beginning and watching the first hole, I gave up. (really, I tried...) This is just painful to watch after getting used to the quality and commentary of Jomez and CCDG.

So I jumped to the end, saw who won, and that will be it for me and the Waco coverage. If DGPT comes out with third round post-produced coverage I'll give it a try, but I am not going to fast-forward through 3:15 of mediocre video to try to enjoy the third round.

I really hope that DGPT reconsiders their approach to this.
Pretty much sums up the DGPT experience for me as well. After this crazy offseason with players switching sponsors all over, rolling out new bags and discs excitement levels were high for this 2019 season. Then we get to tournament time and it all fizzles away with piss poor video coverage and complete failure at delivering on some lofty promises by Dodge and crew.

Not a fan of live coverage and with work and life the post produced videos work so much better for my viewing. Now DGPT wont even give us a turnaround time on when we might see the Waco videos, if we ever do. Also not slogging through 3 plus hours of bad camera work to watch 50-60 min of actual lead card coverage. Never intended to "boycott" the DGPT, but Dodge and crew have effectively made it so I wont be watching any DGPT coverage by their decisions and lack of preparation for this season.

No more self imposed avoiding spoilers on this site, now just going to dive right in and follow DGPT tournaments through DGCR. While not my preferred route it is the only route available since Steve can't make good on what he tried to sell us. Severely disappointed in his inability to follow through on promises made and quitting on coverage after only two tournaments.

Niced: (1)
Old 03-19-2019, 06:09 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 10.9
Courses Played: 128
Niced 474 Times in 233 Posts

DGPT drinking game:

Drink every time:
Catch cam misses the shot and the announcers say "We don't know where that landed"
View goes fuzzy while following a drive
Same camera zooms in/out at least 3 times on a single hole
We miss the results of a shot because the cameraperson is behind an obstacle (tree, spectator, competitor, etc...)
"Skizzle"

#DrunkB4theTurn

Niced: (2)
Old 03-19-2019, 06:30 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 4.2
Courses Played: 43
Niced 254 Times in 110 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Future_Primitive View Post
Pretty much sums up the DGPT experience for me as well. After this crazy offseason with players switching sponsors all over, rolling out new bags and discs excitement levels were high for this 2019 season. Then we get to tournament time and it all fizzles away with piss poor video coverage and complete failure at delivering on some lofty promises by Dodge and crew.

Not a fan of live coverage and with work and life the post produced videos work so much better for my viewing. Now DGPT wont even give us a turnaround time on when we might see the Waco videos, if we ever do. Also not slogging through 3 plus hours of bad camera work to watch 50-60 min of actual lead card coverage. Never intended to "boycott" the DGPT, but Dodge and crew have effectively made it so I wont be watching any DGPT coverage by their decisions and lack of preparation for this season.

No more self imposed avoiding spoilers on this site, now just going to dive right in and follow DGPT tournaments through DGCR. While not my preferred route it is the only route available since Steve can't make good on what he tried to sell us. Severely disappointed in his inability to follow through on promises made and quitting on coverage after only two tournaments.
Because of the outcome and what Ive heard about how it transpired, I am going to suffer through the live feed, hopefully the FF button helps. Im assuming the condensed version never comes.

Old 03-19-2019, 10:47 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 15.3
Courses Played: 33
Niced 1,039 Times in 498 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejvogie View Post
DGPT drinking game:

Drink every time:
Catch cam misses the shot and the announcers say "We don't know where that landed"
View goes fuzzy while following a drive
Same camera zooms in/out at least 3 times on a single hole
We miss the results of a shot because the cameraperson is behind an obstacle (tree, spectator, competitor, etc...)
"Skizzle"

#DrunkB4theTurn

I would add the following:

The camera stays on the players face through the entire putting process.

They cut to commercial and there is no commercial.
Old 03-20-2019, 03:04 AM
Shun the frumious Bandersnatch!

Years Playing: 16.1
Courses Played: 25
Niced 634 Times in 545 Posts

Quote:
Because of the outcome and what Ive heard about how it transpired, I am going to suffer through the live feed, hopefully the FF button helps. Im assuming the condensed version never comes.
No but for all except final round Jomez had the lead card.

Old 03-20-2019, 03:05 AM
Shun the frumious Bandersnatch!

Years Playing: 16.1
Courses Played: 25
Niced 634 Times in 545 Posts

Quote:
At this point I’m guessing they don’t give a crap and we’ll never see the videos. They’re running this thing like Trump University.
Not the Tour its self but the Coverage...yes Steve is.