#961  
Old 02-16-2018, 12:08 AM
asc349's Avatar
asc349 asc349 is offline
Double Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Pa
Years Playing: 7.2
Courses Played: 30
Throwing Style: LHBH
Posts: 1,934
Niced 178 Times in 118 Posts
Default

My Neutron 165g and my plasma 174g needed some major break in time. After a while the N 165 developed some high speed turn and more distance and the plasma is getting there as it hasn't seen as much playing time. I use them primarily as my FH discs because they are nice and flat and I prefer that for FH. Now I'm using the N for BH when I want more of a skip finish than my Volts can give me. It's definitely not a glidey disc but that's what I like about it
Sponsored Links

Reply With Quote
  #962  
Old 01-03-2020, 07:25 PM
ThrowaEnvy's Avatar
ThrowaEnvy ThrowaEnvy is online now
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Pender Is. B.C.
Years Playing: 14.9
Courses Played: 5
Posts: 2,812
Niced 1,174 Times in 786 Posts
Default

Just here to throw some love down for what I think is a fission 162 Tesla. Real soft and baby blue.

Really liking it for a FH disc, great long turn and late grab just what I liked about the Switch but I'm not getting in that pot... getting huge FH distance, I'm usually a BH guy but I'm dialing it in. I guess maybe not so much huge distance as always hitting the line.

If you time that fade you can get late lift on it especially uphill. Landed a very ugly but potentially longest shot ever on 13 at my place. Love to see what would have happened if I had kept it lower.
Reply With Quote
  #963  
Old 01-03-2020, 07:31 PM
funguy funguy is offline
Birdie Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 353
Niced 159 Times in 89 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThrowaEnvy View Post
Just here to throw some love down for what I think is a fission 162 Tesla. Real soft and baby blue.

Really liking it for a FH disc, great long turn and late grab just what I liked about the Switch but I'm not getting in that pot... getting huge FH distance, I'm usually a BH guy but I'm dialing it in. I guess maybe not so much huge distance as always hitting the line.

If you time that fade you can get late lift on it especially uphill. Landed a very ugly but potentially longest shot ever on 13 at my place. Love to see what would have happened if I had kept it lower.
Ssshhhhhhhhh, don't let anyone know. Fission Teslas are great discs. The flatter PFN wear into the just perfect disc. I like mine in the low 160s and the higher 160s/ low 170s.

Niced: (1)
Reply With Quote
  #964  
Old 01-04-2020, 04:17 PM
Blobfish's Avatar
Blobfish Blobfish is offline
Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Years Playing: 4.1
Courses Played: 20
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 908
Niced 321 Times in 182 Posts
Default

I really love my 165 neutron tesla. I'd love it even more if it wasn't dark purple and so hard to locate, but yeah, some of my best flat FH drives have come with this disc

Niced: (1)
Reply With Quote
  #965  
Old 06-30-2020, 12:46 AM
ThrowaEnvy's Avatar
ThrowaEnvy ThrowaEnvy is online now
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Pender Is. B.C.
Years Playing: 14.9
Courses Played: 5
Posts: 2,812
Niced 1,174 Times in 786 Posts
Default

Knocked a long birdie on Sunday with the Tesla and a 35' FH Ohm putt, was probably the round clincher for the win but every stroke counted.. No one else birdie that hole. Got a 155 fission to go with my 162 fission. Really happy with it!

Niced: (1)
Reply With Quote
  #966  
Old 07-24-2020, 01:28 AM
Erknjerk Erknjerk is online now
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2020
Posts: 8
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Everybody here is saying the Tesla is OS, but I have a Fission that states its 9/5/-1.5/2 and it definitely flies a touch less flippy than my Inertia. Tesla is 170g and the Inertia is 172.

Did I get a wierd run?
Reply With Quote
  #967  
Old 07-24-2020, 01:36 AM
ThrowaEnvy's Avatar
ThrowaEnvy ThrowaEnvy is online now
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Pender Is. B.C.
Years Playing: 14.9
Courses Played: 5
Posts: 2,812
Niced 1,174 Times in 786 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erknjerk View Post
Everybody here is saying the Tesla is OS, but I have a Fission that states its 9/5/-1.5/2 and it definitely flies a touch less flippy than my Inertia. Tesla is 170g and the Inertia is 172.

Did I get a wierd run?
Nah that's about right.. Fission is flippy )relatively speaking), Neutron is middle of the road and plasma is really stable.

I think inertia is 9/5/-2/2
Tesla is 9/5/-1/2

Last edited by ThrowaEnvy; 07-24-2020 at 01:41 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #968  
Old 07-24-2020, 06:27 AM
brutalbrutus's Avatar
brutalbrutus brutalbrutus is online now
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: the nati
Years Playing: 10
Courses Played: 53
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 11,171
Niced 5,344 Times in 2,762 Posts
Default

Also depends on what the Tesla is shaped like. The MikeC Teslas were very beefy and flat as a board. Basically a 0 2.5 maybe 3... But I've had a couple sparkle protons that had some shoulder and a very slight dome that flew like a nice pfn Orc...



...and speaking of why I compared it to an Orc, I still don't know how they came to the conclusion that the Tesla class is speed 9...

Tesla/Inertia/Motion 2.0cm rim thickness... 9 speed

Orc/Beast/Monster 2.0cm rim thickness... 10 speed

lol

Last edited by brutalbrutus; 07-24-2020 at 06:30 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #969  
Old 07-24-2020, 06:45 AM
funguy funguy is offline
Birdie Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 353
Niced 159 Times in 89 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by brutalbrutus View Post
Tesla/Inertia/Motion 2.0cm rim thickness... 9 speed

Orc/Beast/Monster 2.0cm rim thickness... 10 speed

lol
You thought Speed was an objective calculation? Don’t get me started on Glide.

Niced: (1)
Reply With Quote
 

  #970  
Old 07-24-2020, 07:57 AM
discerdoo's Avatar
discerdoo discerdoo is offline
Double Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Years Playing: 4.1
Courses Played: 12
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 1,563
Niced 1,320 Times in 684 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThrowaEnvy View Post
Nah that's about right.. Fission is flippy )relatively speaking), Neutron is middle of the road and plasma is really stable.

I think inertia is 9/5/-2/2
Tesla is 9/5/-1/2
Quote:
Originally Posted by brutalbrutus View Post
Also depends on what the Tesla is shaped like. The MikeC Teslas were very beefy and flat as a board. Basically a 0 2.5 maybe 3... But I've had a couple sparkle protons that had some shoulder and a very slight dome that flew like a nice pfn Orc...



...and speaking of why I compared it to an Orc, I still don't know how they came to the conclusion that the Tesla class is speed 9...

Tesla/Inertia/Motion 2.0cm rim thickness... 9 speed

Orc/Beast/Monster 2.0cm rim thickness... 10 speed

lol
Pretty much agree with these guys. My neutron and plasma are flat and pretty beefy for the most part, like 0/2-3. The lone fission I've thrown was definitely less stable, maybe -1.25/1.50.

Not bagging a Tesla these days but not trading them either.

Niced: (1)
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
MVP-TESLA-HOFC Stamp mwm1006 Discs 5 05-29-2018 10:09 AM
MVP Tesla, MVP Motion, MVP Volt, Innova Leopard chowee21 The Marketplace 1 04-20-2015 09:31 PM
MVP Tesla AcidRain The Marketplace 2 01-29-2015 06:24 PM
MVP Special Edition Tesla yokozunapete The Marketplace 1 12-17-2014 04:30 PM
MVP Tesla McJesus Discs 2 04-01-2014 10:45 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:32 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.