Go Back   Disc Golf Course Review > Equipment > Discs

Old 03-25-2014, 12:26 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 6.1
Courses Played: 26
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 2 Times in 2 Posts

My take having bagged all original subject discs is that your combo does not line up. Roc3 is between verdict and truth flights, but closer to truth. I would put mako3 up against a fugitive as the closest comp, orig mako is slower and mor flippy.
Sponsored Links
Old 03-25-2014, 02:21 PM
Dynamic Discs #1 Fanboi

Courses Played: 19
Niced 5 Times in 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by @iDiscGolf View Post
Almost as if a really really beat in Verdict could fly like a fresh Lucid Truth. Good combo, I bag it.
Am World's Moonshine Proto Verdict after some use flies just like a really new heavy opaque lucid truth. I have a production lucid verdict as my most OS mid after the tident specialty disc. Then I have one of the moonshine am world's protos for a straight with fade verdict, a heavy lucid truth that can take some extra effort and wind, am world's hybrid truth that is straight with the slightest turn at high speed. Sometimes even have a classic truth in the bag but the one I had being seasoned is in a pond somewhere so I have to work on a new one or just use the lucids. I have so many truths it's crazy but I love them. At least two in every plastic and maybe 30 total now. Ok maybe 35.
Old 03-25-2014, 02:47 PM
Bogey Member

Years Playing: 15.2
Courses Played: 51
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteezeOG View Post
Am World's Moonshine Proto Verdict after some use flies just like a really new heavy opaque lucid truth. I have a production lucid verdict as my most OS mid after the tident specialty disc. Then I have one of the moonshine am world's protos for a straight with fade verdict, a heavy lucid truth that can take some extra effort and wind, am world's hybrid truth that is straight with the slightest turn at high speed. Sometimes even have a classic truth in the bag but the one I had being seasoned is in a pond somewhere so I have to work on a new one or just use the lucids. I have so many truths it's crazy but I love them. At least two in every plastic and maybe 30 total now. Ok maybe 35.
Every time I take my stack of Truths for field work, I end up wanting to buy more. Not quite to 35 yet, but I'm sure I'll get there as I spend my tourny funny money this year!
Old 03-25-2014, 04:25 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 8.9
Courses Played: 3
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

Verdict/Truth is a pretty nice workhorse mid-range setup - I was formerly a Hornet/Buzzz thrower who was kind of unsatisfied with the plastic of the Hornet and the range and lack of good base plastic in terms of the Buzzz. I carry a Prototype opaque Lucid Verdict for my straight beef, a clearer stock run Lucid Verdict for my straight w/ fade slot, and two Classic Truths (one fresh, one beat). I don't throw the Suspect or Fugitive, but I do throw the Classic Roc, XD, and Zone to supplement my core mids.
Old 11-23-2018, 12:33 AM

Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default What?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PMantle View Post
My Verdict is not as OS as I'd like, but since I learned that OS mids are pointless, I guess I should not worry about it.
I love my mf gator and star caiman.
Why would you think that OS mids are pointless? I now only bag the caiman because of similarities but it is a great utility disc and I prefer beadless discs and OS always handles headwind better.
Old 11-23-2018, 09:58 AM
Thread_Killer :::crickets:::

Years Playing: 17.3
Courses Played: 41
Niced 639 Times in 362 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jellis1775 View Post
Why would you think that OS mids are pointless?
Not sure if serious, so PM coming!

/possible derail
Old 11-23-2018, 10:59 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 7
Courses Played: 48
Niced 758 Times in 522 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GripEnemy View Post
Not sure if serious, so PM coming!

/possible derail
Did you take care of it? Lol
Old 11-23-2018, 11:47 AM
Thread_Killer :::crickets:::

Years Playing: 17.3
Courses Played: 41
Niced 639 Times in 362 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PMantle View Post
Did you take care of it? Lol
I have no horse in this threads race my friend. Derail away

(Yes I did, linked and explained in said PM)

Niced: (1)
Old 11-23-2018, 12:03 PM
* Ace Member *

Courses Played: 20
Niced 529 Times in 391 Posts

There's lmost an infinite amount of mid combos - Wasp/Buzzz - Buzzz/BuzzzSS - BuzzzOS / Buzzz - Roc3/Roc - Roc3/Mako3 - Roc/Atlas - well, I could go on and on and on..........but I'll just say that its whatever you like and are comfortable with

I just suggest having a fairly stable mid with reliable fade and then a very straight mid that can turnover when you need it. Slightly OS / Slightly US mid ---doesn't matter the make, company, plastic, weight, just whatever gives you those flights --- Ive thrown TOO MANY mids and honestly I've liked almost all of them. Aftershock, Comet, BuzzzSS, Compass, Roc, Roc3, etc
with that said like the classic combo of the Wasp / Buzzz -- but now am trying out the Matrix / Alias combo - Alias is incredibly straight so that's a staple in the bag

Old 11-23-2018, 08:10 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 1.8
Courses Played: 26
Niced 377 Times in 228 Posts

I'm a big fan of the Verdict/Emac combo. Been baggin it for a couple months and it has legit saved me strokes over my old RocX3/Roc3 setup. The DD mids are longer and more HSS than their Roc counterparts. Only downside is that Innova plastic is bulletproof and lasts forever, whereas Trilogy stuff beats in quick.

On the US side I still bag the Tursas, regardless of what fills the stable and OS mid slots.