Old 06-08-2017, 03:41 AM
Bogey Member

Niced 3 Times in 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toro71 View Post
Yeah, the Photon lineup is the shizz afaic. I'm almost certainly going to grab a Teleport at some point, just can't help myself, but I probably don't "need" it.

Maybe pre-baby I could've, but I've barely been able to play for like the past year, and my D has definitely suffered.
If you're already thinking about it, just give Teleporting a go. I have the same baby related handicap going on but still was able to immediately squeak out more D from the Teleport than Octanes. I was afraid the rim would be too big but it's not that bad. High 160's or low 170's might be sweet.

With the Photons already on lock down as for controlled distance, the Teleport (class) would make more sense to bag than the 23mm class, which -unfortunately- I'm already pretty invested in. Damn MVP coming up with all this high speed shiz so fast
Sponsored Links
Old 06-08-2017, 09:32 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 9.2
Courses Played: 69
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 94 Times in 64 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaiserFlip View Post
If you're already thinking about it, just give Teleporting a go. I have the same baby related handicap going on but still was able to immediately squeak out more D from the Teleport than Octanes. I was afraid the rim would be too big but it's not that bad. High 160's or low 170's might be sweet.

With the Photons already on lock down as for controlled distance, the Teleport (class) would make more sense to bag than the 23mm class, which -unfortunately- I'm already pretty invested in. Damn MVP coming up with all this high speed shiz so fast
Yeah, I was thinking along these same lines. I do have one Octane, a LE Plasma, and it's double domey. I just don't do well with the domier driver setup. It sounds like this Teleport class is more on the standard MVP flat side of things.

I've got meat hooks, so no worries about rim width.
Old 06-08-2017, 01:23 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 10.3
Courses Played: 122
Niced 488 Times in 306 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toro71 View Post
Yeah, I was thinking along these same lines. I do have one Octane, a LE Plasma, and it's double domey. I just don't do well with the domier driver setup. It sounds like this Teleport class is more on the standard MVP flat side of things.

I've got meat hooks, so no worries about rim width.
Maybe we could meet up sometime this month and you could try my pair of Teleports.
Old 06-08-2017, 03:05 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 9.2
Courses Played: 69
Niced 94 Times in 64 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike C View Post
Maybe we could meet up sometime this decade and you could try my pair of Teleports.
FTFM.

Haha, but for real, totally. If I can ever get a yard pass again, that is. I'll hit you up ahead of time...
Old 06-28-2017, 10:45 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 20.1
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

Can anyone compare proton vs neutron vs fission? I've only thrown fissions in the low 160's and would like to get another couple of those and maybe a couple more in different weights and plastics. Can I expect a heavier proton to bring the beef?
Old 06-28-2017, 11:24 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 10.3
Courses Played: 122
Niced 488 Times in 306 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Roy View Post
Can anyone compare proton vs neutron vs fission? I've only thrown fissions in the low 160's and would like to get another couple of those and maybe a couple more in different weights and plastics. Can I expect a heavier proton to bring the beef?
Yep. I throw max weights around 500' and they don't really show any turn for me when new. I can use them for flex shots in the 425-500' range and trust them to come back.

Good mix of FH and BH shots in this video, mostly with max weights. Couple Fission throws towards the end if I remember correctly. Hole #5 is a great example of a long flex shot.

Old 06-28-2017, 11:29 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 9
Courses Played: 52
Niced 3,794 Times in 2,008 Posts

If you want a really beefy photon, you need to look for a nice flat one, whether its neutron or proton. If you can find a particle duality stamp, those are most OS I've seen.