Old 02-02-2016, 03:32 PM
Eagle Member

Niced 2 Times in 2 Posts

Ha, I assumed as much.
Sponsored Links
Old 02-05-2016, 02:50 PM
Eagle Member

Niced 2 Times in 2 Posts

So where are things at with the retool? Any changes other than removing the inserts? I recall weighting was going to be similar to that of the + mold.
Old 02-05-2016, 03:40 PM
Birdie Member

Niced 85 Times in 20 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by geo_08 View Post
So where are things at with the retool? Any changes other than removing the inserts? I recall weighting was going to be similar to that of the + mold.
Retooling is currently on hold and will resume on the 16th. We told our manufacturer to focus on the RDG tyrant and our new Hydro M plastic blend before they went on vacation for Chinese New Year. We are really happy with the progress they made on both fronts. You are the first to try the blend outside of us and RDG . The only other change we are making is the rim. We are going for a smoother and more comfortable release on the Andros.
Old 02-05-2016, 03:42 PM
Eagle Member

Niced 2 Times in 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozone Discs View Post
Retooling is currently on hold and will resume on the 16th. We told our manufacturer to focus on the RDG tyrant and our new Hydro M plastic blend before they went on vacation for Chinese New Year. We are really happy with the progress they made on both fronts. You are the first to try the blend outside of us and RDG . The only other change we are making is the rim. We are going for a smoother and more comfortable release on the Andros.
I dig the plastic, and personally am excited to hear about the rim change. Thanks for the info.

I think I may miss the disc whistling though...
Old 02-05-2016, 03:49 PM
Birdie Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by geo_08 View Post
I dig the plastic, and personally am excited to hear about the rim change. Thanks for the info.

I think I may miss the disc whistling though...
It was a neat effect. Well need to recreate it one day. Add a small groove on the disc and we can market it as more safe because you can hear it coming
Old 02-05-2016, 03:54 PM
Reptilian Disc Golf

Years Playing: 8
Courses Played: 14
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 519 Times in 204 Posts

I cannot wait for the new Andro release.
Geo saw first hand today how nice they fly for me.

I can gun them, get a comfortable right drift and then a reliable bite back. Perfect for swinging out over OB and knowing it will come back in safely.
Old 02-05-2016, 04:13 PM
Eagle Member

Niced 2 Times in 2 Posts

Or get the little whistles from the nerf foot balls. Make her really scream.
Old 02-21-2016, 09:56 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 7.1
Courses Played: 13
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 87 Times in 43 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozone Discs View Post
Just wanted to give you guys an update on the Andro 1. We have decided that we are going to discontinue sales of the current run and make some critical updates to our manufacturing process.

Now that we are a few weeks into sales, we have begun to get feedback that the inserts are not sticking as well to the plastic and due to slightly different sizes of rings/and or discs there are some air gaps where the inserts do not sit flush against the mold.

We are extremely happy with the flight of the discs and we know there is a future in our insert technology but the inserts can not be exposed. We are going to fix our manufacturing to have the inserts be embedded inside the plastic. In the short term we are going to create a conventional Andro with no inserts and anyone who ordered a current Andro will receive a conventional Andro free. We appreciate you guys trying our technology and we are excited for what the future holds. Thanks for your support we will continue to keep you updated on our progress with the updates to the mold.
So question... Does the insert not fitting properly have a noticeable effect on flight? I went ahead and ordered a + and - from RDG because I want to support the Craft Disc Faction and I really like Speed 6 discs. I know the inserts whistle when they're loose but haven't heard if they make a big difference in the flight. Either way I'm excited to try them and if I like the initial flight I'll definitely pick up some of the one-piecers.
Old 02-21-2016, 10:01 PM
Eagle Member

Niced 2 Times in 2 Posts

I haven't noticed any great different I would attribute to the inserts, just to the wear.

Old 02-22-2016, 10:39 AM
Birdie Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodysseus View Post
So question... Does the insert not fitting properly have a noticeable effect on flight? I went ahead and ordered a + and - from RDG because I want to support the Craft Disc Faction and I really like Speed 6 discs. I know the inserts whistle when they're loose but haven't heard if they make a big difference in the flight. Either way I'm excited to try them and if I like the initial flight I'll definitely pick up some of the one-piecers.
We haven't really heard of any large difference based on the whistle. Its very small air gaps that are causing the noise and from testing they don't seem to have a large impact on overall flight. Thanks for picking up a few from RDG and supporting the faction! The Tyrant and Andro C (One Piece) molds should be completed shortly and are going to be great additions to the line up. Element has just come out with some proto mid-ranges as well so we are starting to build a complete line-up which is really exciting.