#11  
Old 10-04-2016, 02:55 PM
slacker_sport slacker_sport is offline
Newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Santa Cruz
Years Playing: 6.2
Courses Played: 31
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 41
Niced 5 Times in 4 Posts
Default

impressive video, though it doesn't seem to capture the way most of the wholes would play. awesome to have the backing of a well funded parks foundation...

http://calgarydiscgolf.com/2016/06/0...leted-in-2017/

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 10-04-2016, 03:04 PM
grodney's Avatar
grodney grodney is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Charlotte, NC
Years Playing: 37.6
Courses Played: 119
Posts: 3,265
Niced 8 Times in 5 Posts
Default

a) That's the coolest video evar!11!!!1!
b) Half the 700K went to making that video.
c) I hope they mow better than what's in the video.
d) Yellow and Red tees?
e) I'm guessing half those holes are stupid lengths.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 10-04-2016, 03:24 PM
SonicGuy's Avatar
SonicGuy SonicGuy is online now
Double Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 1,679
Niced 385 Times in 213 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cgkdisc View Post
Wonder who's designing it?
Quote:
Originally Posted by esdubya View Post
Me too.

Calgary DG Club has it on their website, so one would assume that they are involved and know what they are doing.

Another story from back in July.
http://calgarydiscgolf.com/2016/07/0...algary-herald/

With that kind of budget it would make sense to bring in a DGCD Master Designer as a consultant.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve West View Post
Well, since it's going to be "the best disc golf course in North America", the answer should be obvious.
Not to take anything away from the two designers quoted, but I would hope they bring in a proper ball golf course designer, not a disc golf course designer. I assume many features will need to be engineered, something that disc golf designers would have little experience with.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 10-04-2016, 03:42 PM
Cgkdisc's Avatar
Cgkdisc Cgkdisc is online now
.:Hall of Fame Member:.
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Twin Cities
Years Playing: 30.3
Courses Played: 677
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 12,048
Niced 1,362 Times in 630 Posts
Default

For projects like this, a landscape architect firm should be contracted for the site development and an experienced DG designer as a sub-contractor for that part of the work.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 10-04-2016, 03:45 PM
esdubya's Avatar
esdubya esdubya is offline
Double Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: South Detroit
Years Playing: 24.2
Courses Played: 106
Posts: 1,177
Niced 200 Times in 98 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicGuy View Post
Not to take anything away from the three designers quoted.
FTFY
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 10-04-2016, 03:50 PM
SonicGuy's Avatar
SonicGuy SonicGuy is online now
Double Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 1,679
Niced 385 Times in 213 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by esdubya View Post
FTFY
Sorry!
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 10-06-2016, 03:52 PM
Steve West Steve West is offline
Par Delusionary
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Years Playing: 45.2
Courses Played: 330
Posts: 4,788
Niced 1,537 Times in 756 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicGuy View Post
Not to take anything away from the two designers quoted, but I would hope they bring in a proper ball golf course designer, not a disc golf course designer....
The course kind of looks like a ball golf design, so maybe they did.

I don't agree with excluding a disc golf course designer from the team. He or she could point out how players will be falling off the raised fronts of the tees, and the pole indicating the color of the tee should not be on the actual tee pad, and the tee signs at the back left will interfere with a lot of player's run-ups, etc.

But, I'm sure Ron "Rudy" Falconer will take care of all those details and more.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 10-06-2016, 05:59 PM
SonicGuy's Avatar
SonicGuy SonicGuy is online now
Double Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 1,679
Niced 385 Times in 213 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve West View Post
The course kind of looks like a ball golf design, so maybe they did.

I don't agree with excluding a disc golf course designer from the team. He or she could point out how players will be falling off the raised fronts of the tees, and the pole indicating the color of the tee should not be on the actual tee pad, and the tee signs at the back left will interfere with a lot of player's run-ups, etc.

But, I'm sure Ron "Rudy" Falconer will take care of all those details and more.
I guess with that kind of money you may as well get both

Or riddle me this; would you say most/any disc golf designers have equivalent skills as ball golf designers when it comes to moving earth and engineering a course?
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 10-06-2016, 07:06 PM
biscoe biscoe is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: spotsylvania, va
Years Playing: 24.2
Courses Played: 94
Posts: 6,312
Niced 1,515 Times in 674 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicGuy View Post
I guess with that kind of money you may as well get both

Or riddle me this; would you say most/any disc golf designers have equivalent skills as ball golf designers when it comes to moving earth and engineering a course?
I would take my chances on an experienced disc golf designer with little earth moving experience above an experienced traditional golf course architect with little disc golf knowledge if i were looking to install a top flight course.

Quote:
For projects like this, a landscape architect firm should be contracted for the site development and an experienced DG designer as a sub-contractor for that part of the work.
Spot on.
Reply With Quote
 

  #20  
Old 10-06-2016, 07:21 PM
BrotherDave's Avatar
BrotherDave BrotherDave is offline
Verified Jurkface
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Macedonian Troll Farm
Years Playing: 12
Courses Played: 163
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 15,028
Niced 2,187 Times in 1,025 Posts
Default

What's Kilgus up to?

Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Vancouver to Calgary Clemming Vacations & Road Trips 0 06-20-2016 09:44 PM
Calgary in July TempleOfDoom Vacations & Road Trips 1 07-04-2014 01:34 PM
Any one playing in Calgary tomorrow? Harrishabitat Disc Golf Courses 0 01-13-2014 07:20 PM
Disc golf of golf courses: the future of disc golf? & Sequoyah State Park in Oklahoma Dan H. Disc Golf Courses 27 06-19-2013 12:21 PM
Calgary, eh CrowLegs Vacations & Road Trips 0 04-30-2013 02:26 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:51 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.