Old 01-20-2017, 07:49 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 5.1
Courses Played: 22
Throwing Style: RHFH
Niced 99 Times in 61 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD86 View Post
And that's my whole point... if you want one or two discs, you're screwed if you order from the Proshop. You have to either by a LOT of discs you don't want or need (in other words TREMENDOUS BULK), or be screwed by the EXORBITANT shipping.

I don't accept the rationalizations about buying a lot of discs to reduce shipping costs. Bottom line is that the Innova Proshop is ripping us off with EXORBITANT shipping costs, especially if you don't buy in TREMENDOUS BULK. There are much better deals elsewhere; I suggest finding those deals and bypassing the Proshop.
I never knew 3 equals tremendous bulk. Buying 2 discs at infinite is as much or more than the Pro Shop, they cage 4 buck to ship 2 discs instead of 6. No rationalizations just facts...Why the outrage? Tremendous bulk sounds like a terrible E-40 song maybe a remix of Tell Me Where To Go

Plus if you wan to try a variety of discs, this is your cheapest option
Sponsored Links

Niced: (3)
Old 01-20-2017, 07:53 PM
Double Eagle Member

Niced 28 Times in 22 Posts

My experience, which was mainly with Discraft, was that the Discs were fine, not defective in terms of their flights. But since you have less choice of the molds, weights, etc. It didn't really save me any money, in that I might get 10 Discs and only end up liking 2 of them enough to bag. At the time, I didn't mind so much, because part of the point was to experiment. But at this point in my DG career I know what I like, so I want full control of model, weight, color, etc.. I experiment carefully and on purpose.
Old 01-20-2017, 08:22 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 4.2
Courses Played: 43
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 254 Times in 110 Posts

The F2's are a good deal and usually have such minor blemishes that you don't even notice. My only complaint is the same ugly F2 stamp on every mold. Would be better if they did the normal stamp so you know what disc it is, then stamp F2 on top.

Niced: (1)
Old 01-20-2017, 09:10 PM
Snowflake

Courses Played: 8
Niced 1,911 Times in 1,432 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by HERB brooks View Post
I never knew 3 equals tremendous bulk. Buying 2 discs at infinite is as much or more than the Pro Shop, they cage 4 buck to ship 2 discs instead of 6. No rationalizations just facts...Why the outrage? Tremendous bulk sounds like a terrible E-40 song maybe a remix of Tell Me Where To Go
Why the outrage? I think what the Proshop charges is outrageous.

Also, saying the Proshop shipping charges are ridiculous does not mean I'm defending everyone else. I'm not a fan of Infinite's shipping charges, either... but at least they reduce the base price of their discs, while the Proshop charges relatively a lot. And Disc Golf Center charges more than Infinite, but has no shipping charges and a percentage discount based on what you've bought in the past. So that may be defending them relative to the exorbitant shipping costs of the Proshop, but I think Infinite could do better...

Bottom line, if I want one or two discs, the Proshop is ridiculous.
Old 01-20-2017, 11:18 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 5.1
Courses Played: 22
Niced 99 Times in 61 Posts

Quote:
Why the outrage? I think what the Proshop charges is outrageous.
For shippping only I assume? The factory seconds are quite affordable on their own.

Quote:
Also, saying the Proshop shipping charges are ridiculous does not mean I'm defending everyone else. I'm not a fan of Infinite's shipping charges, either... but at least they reduce the base price of their discs, while the Proshop charges relatively a lot. And Disc Golf Center charges more than Infinite, but has no shipping charges and a percentage discount based on what you've bought in the past. So that may be defending them relative to the exorbitant shipping costs of the Proshop, but I think Infinite could do better...
No one ever claimed you were defending their shipping costs. Infinite's shipping is just as bad... Disc Golf Center caps you at 10% off orders after 1000 bucks spent(Yuuuuge bargain) and Marshall st is a 50 dollar min order for free shipping. The other guys that include free shipping charge much more for their discs.

Quote:
Bottom line, if I want one or two discs, the Proshop is ridiculous.
You have a point about 1 disc purchases but that's it. No one in their right mind would buy a F2 disc at max 12 bucks and then pay 7 on top for shipping. If you buy 2 discs from the Pro Shop, the savings on the discs at least cancels out the extra 2 dollars shipping. If you buy 3 or more then it's really cool worth the money. Could they charge less... absolutely... are the prices astronomical...not a chance
Old 01-20-2017, 11:40 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 47.5
Courses Played: 59
Niced 333 Times in 186 Posts

My 2 cents...

F2 stamp is butt ugly. No color choice and innova has lots of terrible colors. Other brands tend not to run as many terrible colors.

... Best 'value' in order is being social on your local course Lotsa guys always looking to get rid of stuff or hook somebody up, used bins and seconds at the local shop, loyalty / social programs with a local or online retailer, internet social hookups, then eBay / one time online buys / factory stores / artsy limited
Old 01-22-2017, 07:35 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 42.2
Courses Played: 223
Niced 104 Times in 68 Posts

A few things:
Been ordering from the Pro shop for years. Never had an issue, with one exception - had ordered an Aviar and was shipped a Dart instead. Eh. No biggie. I know people who like Darts.
Shipping does add cost, but they do sell things other than discs. To "pad" an order, I've picked up some shirts, minis and hats.
But if you don't want to "pad" an order with stuff you don't really want, hit up your buddies to put together a bundle order to reduce your costs.
Also, there is a notes/comments section where you can request what color you want. I've done this and have gotten what I requested about 75% of the time.
Old 01-22-2017, 08:16 AM
* Ace Member *

Niced 351 Times in 220 Posts

Isn't the comment section gone these days?
Old 01-22-2017, 03:31 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 30.2
Courses Played: 42
Niced 112 Times in 54 Posts

My last order of 10 discs came out to 8.19 per disc, and one was a premium plastic disc that was not an F2. You can contact them via email and request specific colors, but it's not guaranteed.

Old 01-22-2017, 07:03 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 39.3
Courses Played: 95
Niced 662 Times in 261 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to Jay Dub

My last order for F2nds was for 10 also, this was the sweet, almost flat, stiff Tbird they sent me in that order.