Old 12-11-2017, 09:24 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 20.6
Courses Played: 79
Niced 8 Times in 7 Posts
Send a message via AIM to _.-Dut-._

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowplastic View Post
I agree the Alias is very straight, it even can turn if you throw it hard. Plus it doesn't glide as much as larger diameter mids. It's a good straight placement mid, but not what I'd throw if I need to get as far down a tunnel as a mid will go, and especially not with anny.

If you like the Truth but want just a bit more fight then I double down on my Verdict recommendation. It's not a true OS mid but if you just give it a little anny with the intention of it panning straight the whole way, it's the right choice. This is assuming you would be backhanding it, and probably in the 250-300' area. On a forehand if you give it anny and over 250' power it will drift the whole flight.
You're describing exactly what I'm after, slight anhyzer release for straight flight up to 300'. Also yes, I'll be using it rhbh
Sponsored Links

Niced: (1)
Old 12-11-2017, 09:38 PM
Shun the frumious Bandersnatch!

Years Playing: 16.1
Courses Played: 25
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 632 Times in 544 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by _.-Dut-._ View Post
Tight tunnel shots I like throwing with a touch of anhyzer with an overstable disc to fly nice and straight with a little fade at the end. I've been using Pigs and Classic Roc's for the shot but I think the classic roc must have been discontinued and I'd like something a little further flying than my pig. Tried a truth and a justice but the truth doesn't fight back enough and the justice is too beefy. Any suggestions?
I would Use an Impact for this, to me an Impact flies like a Mako/Mako 3 line just a bit more low end speed fade. I use that disc for tunnel shots.
Old 12-11-2017, 09:57 PM

Forgot to mention Impact is a longer Meko/Meko 3.
Old 12-11-2017, 10:37 PM
Verified Jurkface

Years Playing: 12
Courses Played: 163
Niced 2,185 Times in 1,024 Posts

Quote:
I have a Truth that pretty much handles everything I wanted a Classic Roc to do, the one exception being if I give the Truth any anhyzer on release it doesn't fight it, just.a gentle turnover shot, where as the classic roc would fight it and fly nice and straight
If it's just barely not stable enough, you might want to check out the EMac Truth, the slightly beefier version of the original Truths. Otherwise, hard to go wrong with a Verdict, it should definitely do this shot.

Old 12-14-2017, 08:40 AM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 30
Niced 441 Times in 245 Posts

Jokeri
Old 12-14-2017, 02:09 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 20.6
Courses Played: 79
Niced 8 Times in 7 Posts
Send a message via AIM to _.-Dut-._

I picked up a Verdict in fusion plastic and although it's as slippery as owl **** it flies exactly how I want lol. I'm guessing as it gets used we will gel to each other but I keep releasing it a hair early. Great disc though and I think it's going to fill this role beautifully. Thanks for the tips.
Old 12-14-2017, 02:12 PM
* Ace Member *

Niced 2,445 Times in 1,558 Posts

Let it get scuffed up over a few weeks of use and you'll love it...at least once winter and the cold is gone heh. Glad the stability is right though, I love that disc.

Old 12-16-2017, 12:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrotherDave View Post
If it's just barely not stable enough, you might want to check out the EMac Truth, the slightly beefier version of the original Truths. Otherwise, hard to go wrong with a Verdict, it should definitely do this shot.
I would say try a Buzz os, this disc flies the way an older classic ROC flew back when those were still made. Only problem the disc is not anything close to feeling like a classic ROC but still feels nice in the hand.
Old 12-16-2017, 12:14 AM

Quote:
Tight tunnel shots I like throwing with a touch of anhyzer with an overstable disc to fly nice and straight with a little fade at the end. I've been using Pigs and Classic Roc's for the shot but I think the classic roc must have been discontinued and I'd like something a little further flying than my pig. Tried a truth and a justice but the truth doesn't fight back enough and the justice is too beefy. Any suggestions?
For tight tunnel shots I use my Star Shark 175 grams or my ESP Impact 170 grams. I love the Impact as the disc for me go flat straight only, flies like a slower putter shaped mid but with a slow fairway/very fast midrange speed.

Another to try is the Spider, the disc is like the Discraft Buzz that was copied off the Spider. I do not use this disc but an uncle does in DX as his putter beat in flying flat as well as one for approach. I have thrown his Spider that is his approach disc and that one is more like a Buzz.

Last edited by Casey 1988; 12-16-2017 at 12:16 AM.

Old 12-16-2017, 09:20 AM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 5
Courses Played: 21
Throwing Style: RHFH
Niced 99 Times in 61 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey 1988 View Post
Another to try is the Spider, the disc is like the Discraft Buzz that was copied off the Spider. I do not use this disc but an uncle does in DX as his putter beat in flying flat as well as one for approach. I have thrown his Spider that is his approach disc and that one is more like a Buzz.
How is the Buzzz based off the Spider? First of all the Spider is a small diameter mid, while the Buzzz is larger diameter. Second Spider has a bead, Buzzz does not. Just because they fly similarly doesn't mean that Discreet based the Buzzz on the Spider