Old 03-21-2018, 09:12 PM
* Ace Member *

Courses Played: 9
Niced 723 Times in 506 Posts
Default Cycling mid range molds.

I'm looking for a mid to cycle that isn't a roc, I prefer a beaded mid and I like the wasp more than. Any other disc I've ever thrown, cycling Z plastic isn't really a thing. What are some other molds that are good to cycle and beat in to achieve different lines and keep the same feel across the board with my mids? Thanks for your advice, looking forward to hearing what you have to say.
Sponsored Links
Old 03-21-2018, 09:39 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 13.1
Courses Played: 53
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 176 Times in 90 Posts

What is wrong with the roc? It is the most obvious answer and the other answers are the molds the other companies made to copy it.
Old 03-21-2018, 09:50 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 12
Courses Played: 26
Niced 650 Times in 315 Posts

Could try the Legacy Ghost, though it’s very similar to the Roc. Doesn’t latitude have a beaded mid, too? I do t know their lineup that well.

If you really like the wasp then you could try to find it in a different plastic than Z. ESP, TI, and Jawbreaker are out there. Not sure if pro D and X Wasps were ever a thing.

With Teebirds and wraiths I cycle Star and use one in champ plastic as the most stable of the cycle. No reason you couldn’t do that with Wasps. I prioritize mold consistency over plastic consistency.

Niced: (1)
Old 03-21-2018, 09:56 PM
Salient/Yikun Groupie

Years Playing: 7.5
Courses Played: 72
Throwing Style: RHFH
Niced 928 Times in 614 Posts

The Gila is really cool as well, a little faster, but it beats in well and Forehands great for a big beaded disc.

Old 03-21-2018, 10:31 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 5.5
Courses Played: 7
Niced 2 Times in 2 Posts

Classic Suspect from DD
Small bead feels great
Throws great FH or BH
0/3 turn/stability which beats down to 0/2 and 0/1 quickly in Classic plastic
Old 03-21-2018, 10:46 PM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by rusch_bag View Post
What is wrong with the roc? It is the most obvious answer and the other answers are the molds the other companies made to copy it.
Nothing wrong with the roc as far as I know, just trying to find a disc that isn't it to cycle.
Old 03-21-2018, 11:00 PM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by XC_Eddy View Post
Could try the Legacy Ghost, though it’s very similar to the Roc. Doesn’t latitude have a beaded mid, too? I do t know their lineup that well.

If you really like the wasp then you could try to find it in a different plastic than Z. ESP, TI, and Jawbreaker are out there. Not sure if pro D and X Wasps were ever a thing.

With Teebirds and wraiths I cycle Star and use one in champ plastic as the most stable of the cycle. No reason you couldn’t do that with Wasps. I prioritize mold consistency over plastic consistency.
To Wasps are like Z in the sense that it takes forever to beat them in, therefore it's not really cycleable. ESP wasp is discontinued and JB is the only baseline plastic it comes in and it's only SE runs(ledgestone, GMC) so I'm scared to start the cycle with JB because 1) beats in way too quickly, gouges and scuffs way too easily 2) who knows when they'll decide to do the SE discs in another plastic? I really do wish it could be the wasp with a Z as the beefcake.

Old 03-21-2018, 11:05 PM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by rusch_bag View Post
Just a quick question though. If I were to choose the roc, how do you feel like the pro plastic?
Old 03-21-2018, 11:06 PM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grippenripp View Post
To Wasps are like Z in the sense that it takes forever to beat them in, therefore it's not really cycleable. ESP wasp is discontinued and JB is the only baseline plastic it comes in and it's only SE runs(ledgestone, GMC) so I'm scared to start the cycle with JB because 1) beats in way too quickly, gouges and scuffs way too easily 2) who knows when they'll decide to do the SE discs in another plastic? I really do wish it could be the wasp with a Z as the beefcake.
That's supposed to be Ti**

Old 03-21-2018, 11:11 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 10.1
Courses Played: 30
Niced 100 Times in 78 Posts

If you love the Wasp that much, my honest advice would be to keep throwing Wasps and pair them with Comets to fill out your midrange lineup. If you just really want to try a Roc cycle with something that doesn't say "Roc" on it, then check out the Legacy Ghost in Gravity or Protege plastic.