Old 06-06-2018, 04:01 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 22.9
Courses Played: 65
Niced 562 Times in 275 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by hugheshilton View Post
I think the Colt was the disc they made to replace the Classic Roc. I haven't held a CR for a while, but I think the Colt has a similarly shallow hand-feel (not the same mold though I don't think). When they retooled the Colt after the proto release, they made it less stable than a CR, but the Tomb flies closer to the proto Colts. So I'd guess a Tomb could be a pretty good CR replacement, although I don't think it's actually the same mold. I guess it could share a mold piece though; I've never heard anything definitive about the CR and Colt sharing mold pieces though.
The profile pic reminds me of the blunt edge of champ classic rocs. Mind you I don’t own a classic roc or a tomb so this is based of memory and a picture.

I also thought the colt was an XD replacement and beadless.
Sponsored Links
Old 06-06-2018, 05:04 PM
Snowflake

Courses Played: 8
Niced 1,902 Times in 1,428 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by F.Luke View Post
The Colt is a V-tech disc, and therefore beaded. The Stud is also beaded.
Old 06-06-2018, 05:45 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 8.9
Courses Played: 44
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 664 Times in 387 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by F.Luke View Post
The profile pic reminds me of the blunt edge of champ classic rocs. Mind you I don’t own a classic roc or a tomb so this is based of memory and a picture.

I agree that the profile pics of the Colt and Tomb look somewhat similar to a CR although I think at least the bottom mold pieces look different. The Colt and Tomb have that rounded "V-tech" thing going on where the CR (and XD) have a straighter wing. As SD86 said, the Colt is definitely beaded like the CR. I've heard variously that the Colt was designed as a replacement for either the XD or CR or both. I never bagged either the XD or CR so I can't speak for how good of a replacement it is. I do like the Tomb though.
Old 06-07-2018, 06:21 PM
Eagle Member

Niced 27 Times in 18 Posts

As an avid CR guy, the Proto Colts were reasonably close to Classic Rocs. Unfortunately they only came in DX and XT which broke in basically instaneously. If the Tomb is the Proto Colt mold, I am anxious to try one in premium plastic.
Old 06-08-2018, 12:20 PM
* Ace Member *

Looks like they've gone full release with these, although only in S-Blend (Star) plastic. I'm glad I got one of the DX protos while they had those. Hopefully they'll do a production release in DX eventually as well.
Old 06-08-2018, 02:45 PM
Snowflake

Quote:
Looks like they've gone full release with these, although only in S-Blend (Star) plastic. I'm glad I got one of the DX protos while they had those. Hopefully they'll do a production release in DX eventually as well.
Hopefully they'll get some more of the DX Tombs in. I'm interested to see if these production S-blend Tombs are exactly like the prototype S-blend Tombs, or are tweaked a little bit. If anyone gets one, please give us a report.
Old 06-11-2018, 02:49 PM
Par Member

Niced 44 Times in 15 Posts

The stock S-Blend Tombs are available.
https://infinitediscs.com/Infinite-Discs-Tomb

The D-Blend will be released a bit later (most likely in July). The S-Blend is fun for approach and drives.

For those wondering about the profile...I will say that the Tomb was originally run at the same time as the Innova Rat, but has a smooth, beaded rim.

Niced: (3)
Old 06-11-2018, 03:21 PM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd@InfiniteDiscs View Post

The D-Blend will be released a bit later (most likely in July). The S-Blend is fun for approach and drives.

For those wondering about the profile...I will say that the Tomb was originally run at the same time as the Innova Rat, but has a smooth, beaded rim.
Thanks for the info the D-Blend, glad to hear more will be released.

Someone in the reviews on Infinite for the Tomb said that the Tomb is a Rat top mold piece and Colt/Stud bottom, which seemed like a pretty reasonable guess to me. Your hint lines right up with that review, which is enough confirmation for me.
Old 06-11-2018, 03:26 PM
Snowflake

Quote:

Glad to hear the news about the D-line Tombs. My only question is if the production run Tombs are exactly like the Prototype Tombs? or were they tweaked in any way? Thanks in advance.

Old 06-12-2018, 11:29 AM
Snowflake

Quote:
Quote:
Thanks for the info the D-Blend, glad to hear more will be released.

Someone in the reviews on Infinite for the Tomb said that the Tomb is a Rat top mold piece and Colt/Stud bottom, which seemed like a pretty reasonable guess to me. Your hint lines right up with that review, which is enough confirmation for me.
I just did a side-by-side comparison of my Star Rat and S-blend Tomb. I'll take y'all's word that it's a Rat top and V-tech bottom, but it doesn't look like a Rat top on the Tomb. Is that a spacer in the Tomb to give it that squared-off side?

Oh well, no big deal... Tomb is still accurately awesome.