Old 02-01-2019, 11:05 AM
* Ace Member *

Courses Played: 20
Niced 528 Times in 390 Posts

But to answer the question, I am excited to try and NOT buy ANY new discs this year --- I mean, I know it wont happen but I would like to limit it. I've got more than enough in selection and options and backups. I just need to practice.

So I'm excited to stick with what I got and practice to the point of being 'good' at it haha
Sponsored Links

Niced: (1)
Old 02-01-2019, 11:10 AM
Bogey Member

Niced 2 Times in 1 Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by aphilso1 View Post
You're right, Lucid-X is a limited thing. That's why I said the Raider will be great "If the Raider gives a Lucid-X Trespass flight, and does so in regular production run..."

I'm from Nebraska, so I hear you on the whole wind thing. And Trespasses are typically squirelly in the wind for sure. Lucid-X Trespass is great though, even in a 10-15 mph headwind. More than that and you start having to worry about giving it the perfect amount of hyzer...at that point you're better off throwing an Enforcer. I foresee the Raider as basically being a commonly available version of a Lucid-X Trespass; something with reliable fade below 10 mph headwinds, a max distance crusher in the 10-15 mph range, and a turnover disc above that. So yeah, fairly Detroyerish I guess.
Just heard on DGAM that they aren't sure what the speed of the Raider will be (12 or 13). Honestly, if it ends up being 13 that will be a big disappointment for me. It's the difference between me potentially bagging 3, and 0.
Old 02-01-2019, 03:30 PM
Salient/Yikun Groupie

Years Playing: 7.5
Courses Played: 72
Throwing Style: RHFH
Niced 925 Times in 612 Posts

So I got to throw my new stuff from Infinite today, and it was a great day for it. 50 and not much wind. This may seem an odd place to post this, but I had promised I would in this thread, somhere we are.

The Slab... mine is a C blend X out with no metal flake to it. It’s one of the most overatable discs I’ve tried, the hand feel is a very slightly smaller rimmed Stiletto, and the flight reminds me of the first run Stiletto or Rask. Have heard the metal flake ones are less OS and I’ll have to try one, but this thing is great. I knew it was a beef monster when I had just thrown my new Firebird(new run is very good BTW, almost FAF and pearly) which is plenty OS about 375 with a good fade, and then I throw this thing on the exact same line and it is about 330 and 50 more feet left.

I adjusted and eventually got it near 400, probably can get a bit more if my arm was feeling better but this guy is super OS and I love it.

The Exodus is also a C blend X out, and this plastic is intensely nostalgic for me. Super opaque yet somewhat grippy Champ like was available in 2012 when I started and has a very good flight. Was getting 360-380 out of it backhand and I think there is more to be had once some glide beats into it. It’s very straight to fade for now, though I did see some turn on my harder throws. The S and I blends probably are truer to numbers at first.

The Ra I didn’t know about, I don’t usually like V style rims that are convex, but the bead makes it so that you can’t feel it. I went in thinking it was a Bard, it’s not. It’s not that stable, more like an old school Roc with a new body. It’s perhaps a tiny bit faster, and it will fade, but for a Champ plastic mid, it’s got a ton of glide and forward fade. I tried to torque it over a few times to see what would happen, and at 180 in the C blend it will fight of of it, still netted more right on a BH throw though.

Overall, I am very happy with all three and will be getting some more Slabs. It seems to me when a great, goofy OS disc comes out the next run isn’t so imposing(Rask, Stiletto, Ape were all less stable then the first run IMO) so I’d like a few more.

Niced: (2)
Old 02-01-2019, 06:15 PM
Snowflake

Courses Played: 8
Niced 1,891 Times in 1,420 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose33 View Post
So I got to throw my new stuff from Infinite today, and it was a great day for it. 50 and not much wind.
Yes, it was a perfect day today. I went and played in the morning, when it was cooler but still a great day for DG.

Quote:
The Slab...
Thanks for the report. Sounds wayyyy too OS for my noodle arm; I'd end up using it like most use Firebirds, as an OS utility disc. But sounds like a good disc for people with high arm speeds like yourself.

Quote:
The Ra I didnt know about, I dont usually like V style rims that are convex, but the bead makes it so that you cant feel it. I went in thinking it was a Bard, its not. Its not that stable, more like an old school Roc with a new body. Its perhaps a tiny bit faster, and it will fade, but for a Champ plastic mid, its got a ton of glide and forward fade. I tried to torque it over a few times to see what would happen, and at 180 in the C blend it will fight of of it, still netted more right on a BH throw though.
Agree on the Ra. It reminds me of a Roc3 in flight. Good disc, but not beefy OS.

What would you like to see Infinite add to their lineup?

Old 02-01-2019, 09:00 PM
Par Member

Niced 124 Times in 63 Posts

Im strangely interested in checking out the stock run of the Discraft 2018 ace race Sol even though I havent even felt one yet.
Old 02-01-2019, 10:07 PM
Salient/Yikun Groupie

Years Playing: 7.5
Courses Played: 72
Throwing Style: RHFH
Niced 925 Times in 612 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD86 View Post
Yes, it was a perfect day today. I went and played in the morning, when it was cooler but still a great day for DG.

Thanks for the report. Sounds wayyyy too OS for my noodle arm; I'd end up using it like most use Firebirds, as an OS utility disc. But sounds like a good disc for people with high arm speeds like yourself.

Agree on the Ra. It reminds me of a Roc3 in flight. Good disc, but not beefy OS.

What would you like to see Infinite add to their lineup?
I need to try the Pharoh, since I think it might make a good King sub.
That might be my next purchase.

Some things Id like to see; do a Viper/Tachyon/Moab in both C and S maybe MF? I loved the Tachyon 4.1LF and the Moab is the only representation of that disc that you can readily buy and they are usually pretty expensive for whatever reason.

I like to use Shallow putters and it looks like theirs are a bit deeper. If something felt like a Swan with just a hint more stability Id likely use that.

Overall they have made some of the style discs I do like, and since they are in Innovas familiar plastic it makes them easy to acclimate to. They are supposed to have a couple of releases in 2019(have no idea what they are) and Ill be interested to see what those are!
Old 02-01-2019, 10:26 PM
Snowflake

Courses Played: 8
Niced 1,891 Times in 1,420 Posts

Quote:
I need to try the Pharoh, since I think it might make a good King sub.
That might be my next purchase.

Some things Id like to see; do a Viper/Tachyon/Moab in both C and S maybe MF? I loved the Tachyon 4.1LF and the Moab is the only representation of that disc that you can readily buy and they are usually pretty expensive for whatever reason.

I like to use Shallow putters and it looks like theirs are a bit deeper. If something felt like a Swan with just a hint more stability Id likely use that.

Overall they have made some of the style discs I do like, and since they are in Innovas familiar plastic it makes them easy to acclimate to. They are supposed to have a couple of releases in 2019(have no idea what they are) and Ill be interested to see what those are!
The Pharaoh is a great disc. The Tomb is shallow, and straight to overstable.

And I'm very much looking forward to the new releases.
Old 02-02-2019, 12:15 AM
Shun the frumious Bandersnatch!

Years Playing: 16.1
Courses Played: 25
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 630 Times in 542 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD86 View Post
The Pharaoh is a great disc. The Tomb is shallow, and straight to overstable.

And I'm very much looking forward to the new releases.
I say that Infinite Discs brings back the Super Stingray as a disc mold. That was a disc very similar to what a flat top Stingray would be. That was a good disc, my dad has one.
Old 02-04-2019, 08:16 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 6.1
Courses Played: 67
Niced 652 Times in 317 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Smooth View Post
So, really I ready to finally start breaking in discs to the point where I'm using back ups.

I love plastic, new molds but it is a relief that most of the decision making on what to use is over.

Well, over with for a while anyway.

I'll give you 2 weeks before your next disc purchase.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimb View Post
Keeping my bag 100% the same for the entire year and not buying any new molds.
I'll give you 4 weeks.

Old 02-05-2019, 11:12 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 12
Courses Played: 26
Niced 649 Times in 315 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimb View Post
Keeping my bag 100% the same for the entire year and not buying any new molds.
Same. Looking forward to the same bag as last year. Unless I have some kind of form breakthrough and start throwing 50'+ farther, no reason to change. I've got archer problems, not arrow problems.

Sorry, all you discs in boxes in the basement. I should let you live out your purpose sometime.