Old 05-01-2010, 08:26 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 10.1
Courses Played: 17
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 4 Times in 4 Posts
Default Excited about what's been becoming my new home course

So I started playing at Roscoe Ewing in Medina OH when I used to work up that way, and have claimed it as my home course because the ones close to me are 9 holers and pretty short.

The one I do play a lot near me which is becoming more like a real home course cause it takes only 20 minutes to get to (opposed to almost an hour for Roscoe) is Findley State park. I play it for putter only rounds and it gets pretty tightly wooded so it really works my short game.

But yesterday, ran into a local and he informed me that they are adding 9 more holes right south of hole 9. I then asked if the holes are going to be around the same distances as the front 9 and was very happy to get a "no, they will be much longer" out of him! Said 1 is going to be a 425' straight through a path down the trees!

Im so excited to have a course that will test me in multiple ways so close!
Sponsored Links
Old 05-01-2010, 12:00 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 11.4
Courses Played: 16
Niced 36 Times in 25 Posts

Thats good news! I am in the same boat as you, with my local course being a relatively short 9-hole layout with only 2 holes that even require me to throw a driver on. This summer the back 9 will be going in with a few more "long" holes as well as many wooded holes, can't wait for my course to be complete!

With that being said, I still appreciate even an easy 9-hole course to be within 15min of my house now, it's the only course within an hour or so of driving.
Old 05-01-2010, 07:49 PM
* Ace Member *

Niced 4 Times in 4 Posts

I cant wait until it is done. Will be so nice to be able to get out, play and get back in under 2 hours as opposed to taking that long just to get somewhere.
Old 05-01-2010, 09:44 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 10.9
Courses Played: 127
Niced 474 Times in 233 Posts

I have a different home course now as well........kind of.

The city came and cut down a sh1t-ton of trees and made it SOOOOOOPER easy. The local club stepped in and moved 5 baskets to harder locations and also changed around the teepads on 2 holes. These 2 holes used to be deuce or die 150' putter holes. They are now legitimate challenges. We're also getting some trees to replace the ones that were felled and if all goes well, some shrubbery to define some fairways and keep football games from playing across 3 of them.

Old 05-01-2010, 10:06 PM
* Ace Member *

Niced 4 Times in 4 Posts

There is one hole now, hole 9; that has picknic tables right by where the tee should be which sometimes causes us to skip it. I want to take a hole by hole set of pics but tried one out with my new Blackberry, but even having a better camera, it still isnt that good. Maybe when they complete it, I will have take a good camera with me

Hole 4:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Hole_4[1].jpg (164.4 KB, 9 views)